Day 2 - December 2nd

31 Days Of December

Kyuhyun awoke at nine o’clock exactly that next day and began unpacking immediately. No sooner than ten o’clock did Sungmin show up on their doorstep.

 

 

*Knock, Knock, Knock*

 

 

“Oh, I’ll bet it’s that really sweet boy from next door!” Kyuhyun’s grandmother said happily.

“Yeah… Real sweet…” Kyuhyun mumbled before opening the door.

“Hi.” Sungmin said as he welcomed himself inside.

“Hello, dearie.” Kyuhyun’s grandmother greeted.

“Do come in…” Kyuhyun mumbled sarcastically, after seeing Sungmin already standing inside his house.

“What do you have there?” Kyuhyun’s grandmother asked pointing to a box in the smaller boys hands.

Sungmin smiled, “I made you guys cookies… I didn’t know what kind you liked, so I made chocolate chip.”

Kyuhyun mumbled once again, “Probably poisoned…”

But to Kyuhyun’s surprise, his grandmother heard him, “Kyuhyun! That is rude! Apologise!”

Kyuhyun hesitated before bowing ninety degrees toward Sungmin, “Mianhae…”

Sungmin giggled, “You are forgiven.”

Kyuhyun glared at the boy, then stood back up.

“Sungminnie, you can go set that on the kitchen counter.” Kyuhyun’s grandmother pointed toward the kitchen.

Sungmin nodded and headed toward the kitchen. Meanwhile, Kyuhyun’s grandmother smacked Kyuhyun on the back of the head.

“Oww!” The taller boy, exclaimed.

“Your mother didn’t raise an , so don’t act like one.”

Kyuhyun rubbed the back of his head and Sungmin came back into the living room.

“Your house is so nice!” He exclaimed.

“Yes, I love it. Kyuhyunnie picked it out for us.” Kyuhyun’s grandmother said.

“Ah,” Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun and gave a soft smile, “That explains it.”

Kyuhyun blushed and looked away, “W-We should, uh… G-Get to unpacking….”

Sungmin nodded in agreement. They got started right away. Kyuhyun was unpacking items from several and  boxes placing them on the shelves above while Sungmin was unpacking from one box, then asking about what everything is, or where everything came from. It took Kyuhyun five minutes to unpack one box, but it took Sungmin fifteen minutes because of all his questions. While Kyuhyun was on his fourth box, Sungmin was just moving to his second. A box full of Christmas things.

“Hey, are you going to decorate for Christmas?” Sungmin asked.

“Absolutely not-”

“Of course we are.” Kyuhyun’s grandmother interrupted Kyuhyun, “Christmas is my favorite holiday!”

“I thought it was Easter...” Kyuhyun said, confused.

“No, that was your mothers.” She replied.

Kyuhyun slowly nodded, then went back to unpacking his box.

“I’ve always loved Christmas. Seeing all the beautiful colorful lights, the cute little decorations, the shining angel on top of the Christmas tree, I love it all!” Kyuhyun’s grandmother said.

Sungmin smiled, then looked at Kyuhyun, “I think we should decorate for Christmas.”

Kyuhyun stopped what he was doing, “Halmeoni, we don’t even have a tree…”

“We can go get one!” Sungmin said happily, “There’s plenty of trees outside!”

Kyuhyun was about to protest until his grandmother said, “I’d love that.”

Kyuhyun looked from his grandmother, to Sungmin, then back to his grandmother, “Alright fine, we’ll go cut down a tree.”

“Yay!” Sungmin cheered.

The two boys continued unpacking boxes until there were only a few boxes left in the kitchen and some upstairs. They had all the Christmas boxes sitting in the corner and they were ready to get a tree and start decorating.

Kyuhyun put on his coat, grabbed his keys and the axe he had found in one of the boxes, then looked at his grandmother, “Okay halmeoni, we’re leaving.”

“Alright, you two be safe, especially with that axe.”

“We will-”

“I’ll keep Kyuhyunnie safe ajumma, don’t worry!” Sungmin winked receiving a glare from Kyuhyun.

Sungmin headed out the door first while Kyuhyun slowly followed him out. They got inside Kyuhyun’s car and started it. They started driving around looking for a good sized tree to cut down, when Sungmin spotted one.

Kyuhyun parked his car and they both got out. Kyuhyun grabbed the axe and they headed toward the ‘perfect tree’. The two stood in front of the tree and looked up at the top of it.

“Do you think it will fit in your house?” Sungmin asked.

“It should.” Kyuhyun replied, “If not, we can always trim it.”

Sungmin nodded and smiled.

“Okay, now watch out, I don’t want to hit you with this.” Kyuhyun said showing Sungmin the axe.

Sungmin nodded again and found a tree stump to sit down on.

Kyuhyun held up the axe and was about ready to swing it forward and hit the tree when Sungmin’s words stopped him, “You like me, that’s why you don’t want to hit me with it.”

Kyuhyun loosened his grip on the axe a bit and looked at Sungmin who just smiled.

“You don’t want to admit it though, huh?”

Kyuhyun hesitated before tightening his grip again and hitting the tree with full force, “No, I just… Don’t want… To… See anyone else get… Killed…” Kyuhyun said as he continued to hit the tree.

“Anyone else?” Sungmin asked as he watched Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun continued, “Y-Yeah…”

Sungmin thought for a moment, “Did you lose someone?”

Kyuhyun stopped mid-swing and thought about his mother. The accident. The call. The terrible memory.

“N-No…” Kyuhyun said before continuing.

“I think you’re lying-”

“I don’t want to talk about it! Okay!?” Kyuhyun shouted.

The two stared at each other for a moment before Kyuhyun got really angry. He set down the axe and stormed off toward his car. Sitting in the drivers seat and slamming the car door, he hugged his arms close to himself and tried to calm himself before he let a small tear fall. Sungmin looked over at Kyuhyun in the car and took a deep breath before walking toward the car, sitting in the passenger's seat.

Silence took over the car for the longest time, until Sungmin said, “I’m sorry…”

Kyuhyun continued to stare out the window at the grey sky.

“I shouldn’t have said anything…” Sungmin added, “I tend to say the wrong things at the wrong time and-”

Sungmin’s words were cut off by Kyuhyun suddenly hugging him.

“You talk too much.” Kyuhyun mumbled into Sungmin shirt.

Sungmin was taken back by the taller boys sudden actions, but nonetheless, Sungmin hugged him back, carefully. He slowly wrapped his arms around Kyuhyun and lightly patted his back. They stayed in each other’s awkward embrace until Kyuhyun felt calm and relaxed. Kyuhyun sat up, out of Sungmin’s embrace and looked at the shorter boy.

Sungmin gave Kyuhyun a small smile, “We should finish cutting the tree.”

Kyuhyun nodded slightly. The two headed back outside and Kyuhyun continued cutting the tree. At one point, he glanced at Sungmin who looked bored.

He thought for a moment before saying, “Do you wanna try?”

Sungmin looked up and smiled, “S-Sure.”

Kyuhyun carefully handed Sungmin the axe and Sungmin held it close to the tree. Kyuhyun watched him, but Sungmin just stood there clueless.

Sungmin set down the axe in defeat, “I... I don’t know how… Can you show me?”

Kyuhyun thought for a moment before holding an invisible axe and trying to give a demonstration, but it only made Sungmin pout.

“I still don’t get it Kyuhyun…”

“Well what do you want me to do? Hold you like they do in the movies!?” Kyuhyun asked sarcastically.

Sungmin nodded, shocking Kyuhyun.

“I… N-No! T-That’s weird..” Kyuhyun said.

Sungmin pouted some more, “Awh, please Kyuhyun! I wanna learn how!”

Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin who had his lips pursed out in a cute pout, with big, sad, puppy dog eyes.

“Aish, fine!” He said.

Kyuhyun slowly and awkwardly wrapped his arms around Sungmin and grabbed his hands in which the axe was still being held. Sungmin relaxed under Kyuhyun’s touch.

“Now watch closely because I’m only going to show you this once.” Kyuhyun said.

Sungmin nodded. Kyuhyun brought Sungmin and his hand’s back a little, then was about to swing forward and hit the tree until he noticed that Sungmin was looking anywhere but the axe.

Kyuhyun turned his head a bit to look at the smaller male, “What are you looking at?”

“It’s snowing.” Sungmin said.

Kyuhyun looked around and saw that Sungmin’s words were true, it was indeed snowing.

“It’s the first snowfall of the year!” Sungmin exclaimed, “And you know what they say about the first snowfall?”

Kyuhyun stopped looking around at the falling snowflakes and looked at Sungmin, “No…”

Sungmin rolled his eyes, “They say that the person you’re with during the first snowfall will be in your life forever.”

The two stared at each other in silence, still in the embrace, still holding the axe.

“Do you believe in it?” Sungmin asked, “Because I do.”

Kyuhyun was at a loss for words. He didn’t know whether he should answer, run, or just do nothing at all. He chose the third option. Sungmin set down the axe without taking his eyes away from Kyuhyun’s, then wrapped his arms around Kyuhyun's waist. The taller boy still didn’t know what to do. Why was this boy acting this way toward him?

“I wouldn’t have picked anyone else to spend the first snowfall with.” Sungmin said.

Those words woke Kyuhyun up and he pushed Sungmin away.

“Stop!” Kyuhyun shouted.

Sungmin was shocked at the sudden loudness of Kyuhyun’s voice, “K-Kyuhyun.. Are you okay?”

Kyuhyun looked as if he was ready to faint and Sungmin could tell. Kyuhyun held his head. The world was spinning in his mind as everything suddenly went dark and he fell into Sungmin’s arms.

KYUHYUN!” Being the last thing he heard before falling out of consciousness.

________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: 14 Subscribers already!! Thank you guys!!(: Feedback is always apreciated too!(: