Day 22 - December 22nd

31 Days Of December

Sungmin woke up the next morning and looked out the window at the house across from his. He remembers when Kyuhyun lived there, all the memories that house contains. But now Kyuhyun was staying at a hotel here in Ilsan. He needed to get Sungmin to remember and what better way then reminding him the great moments they shared? Especially with that house.

Sungmin stared at the house, then noticed the boy standing in front of it, just staring at the sky. He was confused as to what Kyuhyun was doing, so he walked downstairs and outside. He stood next to Kyuhyun in the snow and looked up at the sky which Kyuhyun was looking at.

“What are you doing?” Sungmin asked.

“Wait for it.”

“Huh?”

“There!” Kyuhyun said happily and looked at Sungmin.

“What happened?” Sungmin questioned.

“It’s snowing.” Kyuhyun replied.

More memories…

“S-So…” Sungmin said coldly, “What about it? It’s just stupid snow.”

“No it’s not, haven’t you heard about the first snowfall?” Kyuhyun asked.

“N-No…”

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, “You’re the one who told me about it.”

“Well I don’t remember. What was it?” Sungmin questioned.

“They say that the person you’re with during the first snowfall will be in your life forever.” Kyuhyun said and looked back up at the sky.

Sungmin stayed quiet and just stared at Kyuhyun.

“And you believe in it. You told me.” Kyuhyun said.

“I did?” Sungmin asked.

Kyuhyun nodded, “Yeah, but I never got to tell you that I, myself believe in it too.”

Sungmin continued staring at the boy while he stared at the sky.

“Just like you,” Kyuhyun looked down at Sungmin, “I wouldn’t have picked anyone else to share the first snowfall with.”

The two stared at each other in silence. Sungmin wanted to run and cry, he didn’t want to be cold and forget Kyuhyun anymore, but if he went back to his old self now, Kyuhyun would never confess. He’d run off again and break Sungmin’s heart forever.

Sungmin broke their eye contact and turned around, not wanting to look at Kyuhyun, “T-That story, it’s only a myth.”

“Then why did you come outside?” Kyuhyun asked.

Sungmin stayed quiet.

“If it’s only a myth, then why am I still here, with you?” Kyuhyun rhetorically asked, “Because, I need you just as much as you need me.”

“I don’t need anyone.” Sungmin said, “Especially you.”

Sungmin began walking back toward his house when he was stopped by Kyuhyun’s words again, “No, It especially has to be me.”

Sungmin stopped where he was and turned his head to the side, barely looking over his shoulder at Kyuhyun. He wanted to say something, but no words came out, so instead he just continued walking. When he got inside his house again, he slid down the door and pulled his knees into his chest.

“Kyuhyun, stop doing this already.” He said quietly, “I can’t keep it up much longer...”


 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hey! Once again, sorry for the short update! Thankyu to my Commenters, Readers, Subscribers, and Upvoters! See you all tomorrow(: