Day 17 - December 17th

31 Days Of December

“What!?” Donghae shouted into the phone, “That wasn’t what I agreed on!”

“But Donghae,” Yesung complained, “That’s what Sungmin told me happened!”

“Yesung, I’m not kissing him! I have Eunhyuk!”

“Donghae!!”

“No! I’m done with this! I can’t help you if that’s what it’s going to come to!” Donghae replied, “I’m sorry, but Kyuhyun’s just going to have to come back on his own.”

Yesung sighed as he heard Donghae hang up with phone.

He looked at Sungmin sadly, “There goes that plan…”

Sungmin took a deep breath then let it go.

“I knew I shouldn’t have trusted that plan…” Sungmin said.

“I’m sorry.” Yesung replied.

Sungmin stood up, “Don’t be. There’s only one thing left I can do.”

Yesung looked at the other confused, “What’s that?”

Sungmin walked toward his coat rack and put on his coat.

He grabbed his keys and looked at Yesung, “If you need me, I’ll be in Seoul.”



 

________________________________________________________________________________________



 

Kyuhyun shivered, he had left his window open all night by accident. He quickly got out of his bed and closed the window. Hugging his arms close, he walked out of his bedroom door and sighed. ‘It sure is quiet.’ Kyuhyun thought. He made himself a cup of coffee and looked around his new living room. It was empty. Of course he had put things up, but it still felt empty to him.

Kyuhyun decided that he needed to get out of his new house and go explore Seoul. Of course he was familiar with the place, he was born here, but he thought it’d be nice to go see some old places that he used to go, one of which being the park that was close to his old childhood house.

Oh how he loved that park. He used to go there every day of his life! His mother would bring him there all the time and that’s one of the big reasons why Kyuhyun loved it. He also loved it because in autumn, the leaves turned a gorgeous orange and yellow color. To Kyuhyun, this park was his life.

Kyuhyun looked around at all the snow covered trees and benches around the park. There weren’t many people here because of all the snow on the ground. Everything was covered in snow. The slide, the swings, everything, but even though Kyuhyun hated the snow, he didn’t mind it being here.

He walked toward one of the swings and brushed off the snow on the seat, then sat down. He smiled remembering being a kid, how his mother would push him on the swing happily. He missed her, a lot. He sighed and watched his breath hit the cold air. Then he noticed someone sit down on the swing next to him. He looked up and saw a girl, maybe about his age, with long hair.

“Hi there.”

Oh my, this wasn’t a girl at all… It was a boy with really long hair and a pretty face. One might call him a flower boy.

“H-Hi…” Kyuhyun replied and looked away.

“You don’t remember me… Do you?”

Kyuhyun looked back at the pretty male, “E-Excuse me?”

The boy smiled and laughed, “I’m not surprised. You never were good friends with me… You more considered me a hero.

“Huh?” Kyuhyun was confused.

The boy looked back at Kyuhyun, “The name’s Heechul… Kim Heechul to be exact.”

Kyuhyun thought for a minute or so. He felt like he had heard the name before, but who was this ‘Kim Heechul’ exactly?

“You’re Cho Kyuhyun, or do you still go by the name, ‘Lucky’?” Heechul asked.

Hearing that name, everything in his mind clicked. That’s the nickname everyone at his old elementary school had given him. He got the name after his near death experience in front of half his grade.


 

His second year of elementary school, they went on a field trip around town. At one point, all the kids were instructed by the teacher that it was safe to cross the road because there were no cars coming. All the kids began to cross, except for little Kyuhyun. He was so attached to his PSP, playing Starcraft that he hadn’t noticed everyone was crossing. When he looked up from his game, he saw that everyone was halfway across the street and he decided to cross, but that was a bad idea.

At the same time that Kyuhyun decided to cross, some idiot in a Silverado decided that it would be a perfect time to go forty miles an hour down the road. Poor little Kyuhyun didn’t see or hear the car coming, but thankfully someone did.

Heechul was only halfway across the road when he looked back and saw Kyuhyun, and the car that was about to hit the poor kid. Heechul screamed Kyuhyun’s name and ran toward him. Upon hearing his name, Kyuhyun stopped walking and saw the car that was heading for him. He knew he was dead, but that didn’t stop Heechul.

Heechul jumped toward Kyuhyun and pushed him out of the way, just before the car hit both of them. They both landed in a snow bank near the sidewalk, with only minor cuts and bruises. The teacher had rushed to their side. Heechul was known as a savior and Kyuhyun got the nickname, ‘Lucky.’


 

Kyuhyun looked at the boy on the swing next to him and stood up shocked, “H-Heechul…”

“So you do remember me.” Heechul smirked and stood up also. He held out his hand, “Nice to see you again Luck-”

Kyuhyun cut him off by hugging him, “I never got to say thank you… So thank you.”

Heechul was taken back by the sudden gesture from his old classmate, but none the less, he patted his back.

“Y-You’re welcome…”



 

Though, Kyuhyun had no idea that from the sidewalk, he was being watched by a certain someone under the name of Lee Sungmin. With tears streaming down his face, he slowly turned around and headed back toward his car. From what he saw, he assumed that Kyuhyun had found someone else already. Sungmin tried to stop his tears from falling. Seeing as he came here for no reason, he headed back to his own home. The only place he felt he was really accepted. If poor Sungmin only knew how much Kyuhyun missed him. If Kyuhyun only knew how much Sungmin loved him. If only Kyuhyun could realize it, maybe they would be together, happily. But how much longer could Sungmin really wait for Kyuhyun?



 

“Hey,” Heechul started, “My boyfriend Hangeng and I are going out for lunch tomorrow, do you wanna come with us? I’d love to hear about your life now a days! You could call it repaying me for saving your life all those years ago.” He laughed.

Kyuhyun smiled, “Sure.”

“Great! Meet us at Cafe La Rose tomorrow at one o’clock sharp and don’t be late!”

“Don’t worry!” Kyuhyun smiled.

The two parted their own ways happily. How could Kyuhyun have forgotten about Heechul? If it weren’t for him, Kyuhyun would be dead and then he never would have met Sungmin.

Speaking of Sungmin, he was now on his way back home, trying to blink away the flowing tears as he drove down the highway. ‘I knew he didn’t care. So why do I care anymore?’ He asked himself, ‘I just feel like dying.’ But to Sungmin’s surprise, his dying wish might be coming true.

His thought’s and tears got to him and he wasn’t concentrating on the road. He didn’t notice that he was in the wrong lane and there was a huge truck coming toward him. A loud honking came from the truck and that was enough to wake up Sungmin. He screamed and swerved to the right. Him and his car tumbled down the side of the road and Sungmin could’ve sworn he was going to die. When he said to himself, ‘I feel like dying’, he didn’t mean it literally!



 

“Kyuhyun, forgive me…” Sungmin whispered before he saw nothing but black.


 

________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hello my lovely people! I know, this fanfic is sad): But I warned you all!! So what will happen to Sungmin? You’ll have to see tomorrow!! Thankyu to my Commenters, Readers, Subscribers, and Upvoters! It means a lot!(: