Day 18 - December 18th

31 Days Of December

It was one o’clock and Kyuhyun was sitting down at Cafe La Rose with Heechul and Hangeng.

“It’s nice to meet you Kyuhyun-ssi.” Hangeng said.

Kyuhyun nodded, “Nice to meet you too!”

After the waitress took their orders, she headed into the kitchen to place the orders. Kyuhyun, Heechul and Hangeng talked happily.

“So Heechullie t-told me that he save your l-life when you was y-young.” Hangeng said with a broken Korean accent.

Kyuhyun nodded, “Yeah. You’re not Korean, are you?”

Hangeng looked at Heechul, then back to Kyuhyun, “N-No, I from C-China.”

Kyuhyun smiled, “That’s awesome!”

Hangeng nodded, “T-Thank you.”

The waitress had brought the three boy’s plates of food and they ate in silence. The only sound was the background noise of other people in the restaurant talking and the television which was showing the news.

Back to you with the latest story Min Hee

Thank you Jung Min, yesterday, a young boy of twenty-seven years old almost died, right here on this very highway. Officials say he was driving in the wrong lane and almost ran into a truck, but in just the right moment, he swerved his car to the right and landed right down there. He almost lost his life, but thankfully, he’s still alive with only a broken arm, a few ribs, and a minor concussion. He’s lucky to be alive. The identity is still unknown to us and- Oh, wait a moment, I’ve just been informed that the boy’s name is Lee Su-

“So Kyuhyun, how have you been about these days? Are you still living here in Seoul?” Heechul asked.

Kyuhyun looked from the television toward Heechul, “Huh? O-Oh, yeah, I just moved back here a few days ago.”

“W-Where you live b-before?” Asked Hangeng.

“Ilsan.”

“Really? Why there?”

Kyuhyun shrugged, “It’s where my… Mother died…”

Heechul and Hangeng looked at each other sadly.

“I’m so sorry…” Heechul replied.

Kyuhyun shrugged, “It’s fine. It happens.”

Hangeng crossed his heart with his hands and prayed that for her to live peacefully.

“Yah! Why must you always do that!?” Heechul shouted, then looked at Kyuhyun, “His friend Siwon had been teaching him religious things, only because it annoys me.”

“Why does it annoy you?” Kyuhyun questioned.

“I’m atheist.”

Kyuhyun made an ‘O’ shape with his lips, then continued eating. Kyuhyun looked back up at the news. There was something about that last report, but what was it? Kyuhyun just couldn’t figure it out.

“So, K-Kyuhyun, you have s-special person in l-life?” Hangeng asked.

Kyuhyun thought for a moment, “Someone s-special?”

Hangeng nodded.

“N-No…” Kyuhyun replied.

Hangeng looked at Heechul sadly.

“Come on Kyuhyun, there’s gotta be someone you like, you can’t be alone forever.” Heechul said.

Kyuhyun looked down sadly and thought about Sungmin for a moment.

“Ah, I can see it in your eyes, the someone special you’re thinking about… Tell us!” Heechul said.

Kyuhyun sighed, “Alright fine, there is someone I may possibly or may possibly not like.”

He looked up and the two across from him nodded, telling him to go on.

“He’s short with beautiful black hair, dark brown foxy eyes, a perfect complexion, sweet M shaped lips-”

“Boy Geng, I don’t think Kyuhyunnie here likes this boy.” Heechul said.

Kyuhyun looked up confused.

“I think he’s in love with him.”

Kyuhyun blinked a few times, “L-Love…?”

Heechul and Hangeng nodded simultaneously.

“N-No… I-I can’t be…” Kyuhyun said.

“T-There nothing wrong with l-love.” Hangeng said.

Heechul nodded, “Yeah, why are you so afraid?”

“I’m afraid of losing someone else…” Kyuhyun replied.

“Someone else?”

Kyuhyun nodded, “First my mother and then my grandmother, but if I were to lose Sungmin, I-”

“Wait, S-Sungm-min?” Hangeng asked.

“Yeah, Lee Sungmin. Do you know him?” Kyuhyun questioned.

Hangeng shook his head, “No, b-but weren’t they just t-talk about a Lee Sungmin on news?”

“Hangeng, what are you talking about?” Heechul questioned.

“Wait, that news report about the boy in the hospital…” Kyuhyun’s eyes widened and he stood up, “Guys, I need to go.”

“Where are you going!?” Heechul asked.

Kyuhyun ran toward the door shouting, “I need to go make sure Sungmin’s okay and tell him… That I love him!!”

 


 

_________________________________________________________________________________________



 

At the hospital stood Yesung and Ryeowook, just waiting for Sungmin to wake up.

“I-Is he gonna be okay?” Ryeowook asked his lover.

Yesung hugged him from the side and pecked his lips, “He’s gonna be just fine. He’s gonna wake up any moment now and everything will be fine.”

Ryeowook shook his head, “Everything’s not fine. This happened because of Kyuhyun. If he wasn’t stupid and would just admit already that he loves Sungmin, he would’ve stayed and none of this would’ve happened!”

“Shh…” Yesung tried to keep him calm, “I know, Kyuhyun’s an idiot, but I understand his pain.”

Ryeowook looked at him confused.

“Think about it, he lost his mother last year and recently lost his grandmother two weeks ago. I would be cold hearted too if I lost someone important, like you.” Yesung said.

Ryeowook smiled at that, “Yeah, I guess you’re right, but did he really have to go as far as moving?”

Yesung shrugged, “I don’t know what goes on in his tiny brain, but he needs to get over it quickly.”

“I hope he makes the right decision and comes back soon.”

“Me t-”

“Excuse me?” A man in a white coat asked, “Are you Yesung?”

Yesung stood up and nodded, “Yes.”

“Sungmin is awake now and you may go talk to him, but don’t make him think too much. Okay?” The doctor said.

Yesung and Ryeowook nodded, then headed into Sungmin’s room, where he had just woke up.

“Hey Sungmin, how are you feeling?” Ryeowook asked calmly.

“H-Huh…?” Sungmin asked weakly.

Ryeowook and Yesung looked at each other sadly.

“It’s us, Ryeowook and Yesung.” Yesung said.

“O-Oh, hi…” Sungmin replied.

“Ah, I’m so glad you’re okay. We were worried sick. I bet Kyuhyun is going to come back when he hears about you being in the crash.” Ryeowook said.

“Who’s Kyuhyun?” Sungmin questioned.

Ryeowook and Yesung looked at each other. What does he mean by, ‘Who’s Kyuhyun?’

“W-What do you mean? You remember Kyuhyun, don’t you?” Yesung asked the boy on the hospital bed.

Sungmin thought for a moment, “I’m sorry, I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

The two lovers looked at each other again, this time more worried.

“Y-You mean to tell us that you don’t know who Kyuhyun is, but you remember us?” Ryeowook asked.

Sungmin nodded.

“Um Sungmin, w-we’ll be right back…” Yesung said as he pulled Ryeowook out of the room.

“Why doesn’t he remember Kyuhyun!?” Ryeowook asked.

Yesung shrugged, then saw the doctor from Sungmin’s room walking by, “Excuse me sir, my friend in there say that he doesn’t remember someone that was really important to him.”

“Oh my, let me do a few tests, they’ll only take a minute. So just wait right here.” The doctor said as he walked into Sungmin’s room. After a moment, he came out and said, “It seems that he might have a bit of amnesia.”

“Amnesia!?” Ryeowook and Yesung asked at the same time.

The doctor nodded.

“W-Well what can we do to fix it!?” Ryeowook asked.

“The only thing you can really do is have Mr. Lee’s friend remind him of who he is, and hope that Mr. Lee remember’s him.” The doctor replied, “I’m sorry and good luck.”

While the doctor headed off, Yesung and Ryeowook sighed.

“If only it was that easy…” Ryeowook said.

“If only he hadn’t moved…” Yesung added.

Yesung and Ryeowook prayed for a miracle to happen and Kyuhyun would come back.

‘Please hurry Kyuhyun,’ Ryeowook thought, ‘Please...’