For Now

Open Relationship

AMBER’s POV

 

I can feel it that Krystal is starting to doubt A.J. She often asked me to meet up with her but I keep on refusing to her. I am not ready yet to admit to her the truth. I make up with her though as the real me. I spent most of my time with her, doing fun stuffs together. Today, we decided to eat lunch together. I invited her because I know she got upset at A.J last night when I declined to meet up with her.

 

“A.J asked you to do this, don’t you?” she said to me as she eyed me suspiciously.

 

“Of course not! He got nothing to do with this.” I answered and laughed awkwardly.

 

She leaned back on her chair, sitting more at ease. I sighed in relief.

 

“I really don’t understand your cousin. I’m starting to think that he doesn’t want to meet me. That he is not serious with me.” She said, looking upset.

 

“H-He is just busy Krys.” I said to her without meeting her eyes.

 

“Pfft! He has been busy for what, four months now?” she said with sarcasm and scoffed. “I really hate what he is doing right now.” She continued.

 

I decided to just keep silent. Hearing all her complains and rantings about A.J made me feel guilty. If only I started this relationship in a right way then I won’t be in this situation right now.

 

“Amber, I know you wouldn’t lie to me, right?” Krystal suddenly asked when we are having lunch together.

 

I swallowed the lump on my throat and just look back at her. I can’t say yes because it is already lying to her.

 

“Does he really love me?” she asked me with sadness in her voice. “Is he even taking our relationship seriously? Because I honestly don’t know what to think anymore.”

 

“Krystal…” I called her when a tear escaped from her eyes.

 

“I-I’m sorry.” She said as she quickly wiped her tears. “Excuse me for a moment. I’ll go to the comfort room first.” She continued and hurriedly left.

 

I released a deep sigh. The pressure of admitting to her that I’m A.J is getting stronger and stronger. My guilt and conscience are already eating me inside out. She came back with puffy eyes and I know she cried back there. She sat back on her seat which is opposite to mine.

 

“Are you okay?” I asked her.

 

“Y-Yeah.” She answered with a faint smile.

 

I stood up and bowed to her in 90 degrees. I know I catch the attention of all the people inside the restaurant and she got surprised of my sudden action.

 

“W-What are you doing, Am?” she asked with disbelief in her voice.

 

“I’m sorry Krystal!” I apologized to her.

 

“Why are you saying sorry to me?” she questioned me sounding confused.

 

“I’m apologizing in behalf of A.J. I’m so sorry if he is hurting you right now.” I answered her. But believe me, A.J does love you. I’m hundred percent sure of that.”

 

For now, this is the only right thing that I know to do for her, to apologize.

 

YURI’s POV

 

Amber is really in a mess right now. I on the other hand,is making a good progress with Jessica. You see, we are now good friends and we often hang-out with each other lately, like almost every day. I think she is starting to like me as a person. I don’t want to assume that she starting to like me romantically. It’s too soon for someone like her.

 

“Most of the guys are really jerks.” She suddenly spoke while we are shopping for her groceries.

 

“What made you say that?” I replied to her and scoffed.

 

“It’s because that’s the truth. Like for example, my sister’s boyfriend. How dare him refused my sister’s invitation to meet up with her.” She ranted. “All the time!” she continued as she looked at me

 

‘Amber.’

 

“I mean, can you believe that?! How can a boyfriend stand not seeing his girlfriend? Man is really the source of stress to us women.”

 

She shook her head and I just laughed awkwardly about her ranting. I think it’s vice versa, man and woman are the source of each other’s stress.

 

“You sound like a man’s hater.” I told her.

 

“If you can introduce a nice guy to me, the one who doesn’t have flaws, then I will stop hating guys.” She answered me.

 

“Well, let me think about that.” I answered her.

 

“Don’t waste your time because you can’t find any.” She stated.

 

“Well, then you should start to consider dating a girl.” I said boldly which made her looked at me with furrowed brows.

 

“What?”

 

“Just kidding!” I quickly took it back and grinned.

 

“You’re weird!” she spoke. “But probably, I will consider dating a girl. A very good looking, cool, and a hot one.”

 

For a moment there, my hopes soared higher but then it quickly got crushed down. I am not confident if I qualified to what she considered good looking, cool, and hot. The girls and guys that I had slept with told me that I am one. Well, I think the best thing for me to do is to become her good friend, for now.