True friend?

Hidden Identity with 2PM

Beepbeep. Oh, there was a text message. I took up my phone to see the sender. Vic.

"Why would Vic message me? To ask about the incident as well?"

Jackpot. Not only that, she was also angry at me.

"Shi On, why didn't you tell me? This is such a big piece of news?? I'm kinda disappointed in you."

Sigh, I knew it. Now I'm losing a friend. A close friend. I called up Vic on the phone.

"I'm sorry. It's really hard to tell someone this kind of things. I only told some of JYP members. Please, can't you forgive me and treat me equally?" I sniffed.

Please don't cry, Shi On. I grabbed a few pieces of tissue from the desk beside my bed.

"Please give me some time. I need to think it over. That's all." Then, the phone call ended. Vic hung up on the phone.

I had never felt this upset in my 16 years of my life. Nothing can cheer me up right now. I took my pillow and laid back onto the bed.

"What did I do to deserve this kind of treatment?" I wailed out loud.

Tears trickled down my cheeks. My eyes were swollen from crying. I shut up my eyes, not willing to accept the truth.

 

 

"Hello Shi On."

"Hello angel."

"Can I ask you a question? I hope you can answer it truthfully."

"Yes."

"Would you rather be famous but without any true friends, or be someone nameless but with lots of true friends?"

"I am really certain about my answer. The latter."

"Why?"

"True friends are the most valuable things on earth. So what if I have nothing to my name? It's okay. I still have friends I can lean on. Together with my friends, we can build something to our name. Isn't that more precious? Compared to fame, so what if you have many fans? You have no true friends that really know you well. Fans are not equivalent to friends. Fame can be bought with money. Friends can't."

"Great. Then what do you think you should do with your situation? Are you planning to just get over it by crying? You are not a kid anymore. Nobody including your parents can help you with this."

"Yes. I understand. I will never ever give up on this friendship."

I woke up from a short nap, and the dream had been bothering me. It's better to be thick skinned then regret in the near future. Yes.

"Hello? Vic? I thought you wouldn't pick up my phone call." I said.

"Shi On, I have thought over it. It isn't you fault actually. I tried putting myself in your shoes, it really is not easy to cope with the attention from all sources and the pressure from medias. Fans must be mad at you as well, posting hate comments etc. If I'm not here for you, then who is? Don't worry, I will TRY to treat you just like before. No guarantees though! Hahaha." We managed to break the tension with Vic's encouragements.

"Cheer up. We are friends forever! When you are back in Singapore, let's go and eat at the korean restaurant we frequented!"

I cried. This time not from the sadness, but from feeling touched after hearing to Vic.

"Thank you Vicvic. I thought you wouldn't forgive me. I was scared to lose you. Next time, I won't ever hide such big secrets from you. Ever again." I promised Vic.

"What about the small secrets? Aww."

"HAHAHA. Not answering to this. Byebye! Text you soon!" I jokingly said goodbye to Vic.

"Bye! P.s. get me autographed posters from 2PM and take a picture with them as well! I need to be jealous. Hmph." Vic mischievously answered. I literally nodded and agreed to help Vic out.

As I was on cloud nine, I decided to cook for 2PM for lunch. Calling all 6 members over, I prepared the ingredients needed for ddeokbokki. My favourite dish. One of it.

"Wah! Shi On is so nice today!" Chansung laughed.

"We are finally reunited for a meal. 2PM+Shi On. Xoxo." Taecyeon then shouted hallelujah.

Yes. Today wasn't a bad day after all. The angel in my dream, thank you for your appearance. 2PM, thank you for forking time out with me.