Press Conference

Hidden Identity with 2PM

It has been a month since Nichkhun's accident. Not much has went down, everyone were still wondering about my identity. I had no choice but stay at home all day.

It's been a month since I last went out. I wondered when I could finally be freed. While wondering, I received a call.

"My dear daughter, we are having a press conference later at 1pm. Go to the venue with 2PM on manager's car. We are gonna reveal everything. Please be prepared. Prepare some questions as well." Appa mumbled in the phone.

I am not worried about myself that much, its appa that I'm worried about. Is he able to withstand all the attention on him? What about the negative comments about him?

"Alright. Appa, hwaiting!" I replied. "Hwaiting."

I got up of my bed and look at the desk clock. 8.05am. I still have around 4 hours plus to prepare before the press conference.

I texted Nichkhun to come over to my house.

"Let's practice the questions the reporters might ask later." Nichkhun came into my house with a ham and cheese sandwich for us both.

"Okay. Let's... start now."

"Are you ready for the kind of harsh comments you will receive?" Nichkhun asked me the same questions I thought of about appa.

"I am not sure... perhaps it is just my fate." I began chewing on the sandwich quietly. Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock. The wall clock approached noon.

"Let's go Shi On! 2PM is already on the car already." Nichkhun woke me up from my short nap. I changed into a white lace dress and wore my flats. With slight make up, we headed out.

On the car, Wooyoung and Junho were testing me the questions.

"Why did you want to hide this from the public? Did you not talk to your father, Jin Young Park about the issue?"

"I did feel really suffocated for not being to reveal the truth, and at one point, I wanted to tell my best friend who is in Singapore. However, my dad didn't want the news to affect my studies abroad. I decided to respect his decision then."

"Great job Shi On! I think it is alright!" Junho praised me for my natural looking expression.

The dreaded time arrived. As expected, all kinds of media companies and paparazzi were already there, well prepared with dslr and video cameras.

The flash was as bright as the sun as it shot into my eyes the moment I got off the car. As soon as the press conference started, questions shot like machine guns. Appa arrived punctually in his car.

Thank goodness the questions they asked were well prepared. I heaved a sigh of relief as the press conference was halfway through.

"Do you happen to develop any kind of relationship other than friendship with any of the 2PM members?" A particular reporter asked a question that took me by surprise. I stared into the blank air for a minute or so.

Why? How am I supposed to answer?

To break the tension, Nichkhun suddenly spoke up. "Shi On is a really nice girl, and all of us like her a lot. However, to the question that you asked, we may not be able to answer to that. It is her privacy and we should respect it." Nichkhun firmly replied the reporter.

Thank you. I didn't knew that you were gonna help me. I thought I was about to faint from stress. I squeezed Nichkhun's lap slightly with appreciation.

"Then let me go on to the next question. What is the identity of your ex-wife? JY Park may you please answer?"

My mum? Appa never ever talked about it. Who is she? Will I have the chance to meet her?

"Well, regarding this question, I think I will not be able to answer it today. However, I believe in subsequent months or years, I would address it again. This is to protect the identity of my ex-wife who is still oblivious to the many happenings now." Appa said.

"As the representative of my fellow reporters, we hope to get an answer soon." The reporters took a seat.

The press conference ended after a long but short battle of an hour. Reporters could be heard gossiping about tomorrow's newspaper headline.

"I know, I know, my face is definitely going onto the headlines tomorrow. All the news about me being an illegitimate child will be revealed to the entire world..." I lowered my head as I felt so tired after the truth has been told. Even so, my heart feels lighter.

Oh yeah, I have to call up Vic later as well. She must be mad at me now. I took a sip of water and I saw appa on the phone.

"Appa, why didn't you tell me anything about my umma as well? Can you tell me? Can I meet her?" I walked towards appa who had just hung up his phone.

"This... you will meet her soon. I promise." Appa held out his pinky and smiled. We interlocked our pinkies as if the promise is secured well.

Umma, let me meet you soon. I need to tell you I miss you.

A/n: WOOHOO! The cat escaped from the bag finally! It must had felt stuffy. (Cold joke HAHA ^^)