Until next time

That Girl Caught My Heart.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 39

 

Jongin widened his eyes when he heard Soojung said those words to him. He stared at her for the longest time and Sehun was shocked too. The girls just stood there, not saying anything. Soojung walked towards Jongin, but he step backward away from her. Soojung looked at him.

“What are you talking about?” he asked her sternly. Soojung stared at him then she closed her eyes. She looked down to her shoes; feeling embarrassed all of the sudden.

“I’m going back to California, next week on Thursday…” Soojung quietly said. Sehun looked at her, surprised. For the first time he was speechless around them. Jongin looked at her, his face changed drastically; he was all smileys all day and now he’s all confused and mad not sad. Dongwoon held Jiyoung’s hand tightly, making her looking at him.

“Let’s give the some space,” Dongwoon whispered. Jiyoung frowned but then she sighed and nodded. Jiyoung looked at Sulli and gestured her to go. Sulli nodded.

“Let’s go…” Sulli whispered to Sehun, “They need time to talk with themselves.” Sehun looked at her then he looked at Jongin who was still staring at Soojung.

“Am I the reason you’re moving to California?” Jongin asked her, making the rest walked away, leaving them, having their own private conversation. Soojung shook her head, worried.

“No. No Jongin ah,” she cried.

“Then why?” he asked.

“I’ve never told you this but I’m only staying here briefly. I didn’t even think of having a boyfriend, let alone falling in love with you in instance!” she told him. Jongin shook his head in disbelieved.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” he asked her, obviously sad. Soojung just looked at him.

“I thought I could convince my sister or my parents that I would be okay staying here with my grandparents… but looks like they just can’t let me. I was supposed to leave by the end of the year but I was told to come home early,” she said, “Jongin ah, never think that I’m going because of you… you are never a problem and will never be the reason I’m leaving.”

“Soojung ah…”

“I did think of leaving earlier than planned when the picture incident happened. I thought of leaving you because it hurts so much but I didn’t,” she said to him, “because leaving you will be childish of me. When there’s a problem, we need to resolve it first.” Jongin looked away from her, sighing heavily; trying not to let a single tear out of his eyes. He turned around from her, ruffling his hair in anguish.

“Thursday you say?” he asked her. Soojung looked up at him, at the back of his head.

“Yes…” she whispered, “Thursday morning…”

“School day?!” Jongin looked at her, widening his eyes, “Jung Soojung!” She bit her lower lip.

“There was no other flight,” she lied. She took the morning flight because she can’t deal with goodbyes by her friends especially Jongin.

“No way…” he whispered, frowning, “no way….”

“Jongin ah… I don’t wanna fight. I wanna spend time with you… Spend time with me more before I go… I really want to spend more time with you Jongin ah…” she cried. He closed his eyes; her tears, there’s no way he’ll win this at any rate. Jongin grabbed her hand then he held her face. He leaned forward then he stopped. She looked at him then she tilted her head for him. He kissed her on the lips after so long. The kiss was deep but filled with sadness. Soojung held his forearm for balance as she kissed him deeper. He broke the kiss, resting his forehead on hers.

“I love you so much,” he said to her. He had never heard her said those three words to him.

“I love you too Kim Jongin,” she said to him finally, “I hope we can stay as friends…”

“What are you talking about? You’re not accepting me back even though we just said those words?” he asked her, confused entirely. She looked at him she sighed.

“Long distance relationship isn’t something easy for some couple, especially like us. We barely know each other; we’re not even a couple for over a year…” Soojung explained. Jongin just keep on moping at her.

“Doesn’t mean we can’t try,” Jongin rolled his eyes.

“Come on… I don’t want to fight with you about this,” she said to him, “I just want to spend time with you. Remembering happy times before I go.”

“Go and have fun all BY yourself,” Jongin sulked, “I don’t have any mood for having any fun at all.”  He crossed his arms across his chest, showing his back on her. Soojung wanted to laugh and actually hit his head. Soojung walked towards him and gave him a back hugged, tightening her hug. Jongin felt her warm hug, it was filled with sadness and longing.

“Spend the night with me,” Soojung finally asked him. Jongin turned around, staring at her; surprised. He held her by the shoulder.

“Soojung… I can’t… I won’t…” Jongin tried to say but he can’t find the right word.

“I’m not asking for more, I just want to stay with you this weekend. All day with you because gramps will be out to Busan for some family function tomorrow with Dongwoon oppa and probably Jiyoung will go with him,” she said to him, “I didn’t wanna join because I want to spend time with you more…”

Jongin sighed. He held her waist, looking into her eyes; he leaned forward, resting his forehead on her. Whispering on her lips, “I love you so much…” Soojung let her tears fall, she held his face and she kissed him right on the spot.

“I love you too,” Soojung whispered.

 

 

Walking hand in hand towards her house, Jongin didn’t feel like letting go. Soojung looked at him, smiling; lifting his hand towards her lips. Kissing them lightly. Jongin sighed heavily. They kept on stopping along the way and kissed when they see there weren’t anyone else.

The two finally arrived at their destination; it was awfully dark and empty. Soojung took her keys out and unlock the door. Entering the house like a newly wedded couple, Jongin grabbed he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter