It's all mixed up; love, disappointments & guilt.

That Girl Caught My Heart.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 13

 

Soojung and Jongin walked side by side under a beautiful moonlight. Soojung was wearing her white loose t-shirt with a pair of denim shorts. Soojung let her hair loose fell on her shoulder and let the wind blew it backwards. Jongin who was wearing a blue stripes long sleeves shirt with his denim pants.

As a gentleman Jongin is, he carried Soojung’s bag; although everyone knows it’s a girl’s bag. Jongin smiled a little not showing how excited he was. Jongin was about to talk to Soojung when her phone suddenly rang. Soojung took her phone out and the screen showed Jiyoung’s name. Soojung looked at Jongin and showed him her phone. Jongin chuckled.

 

“Just answer, probably she’s checking whether you’re alive or not,” Jongin smiled. Soojung giggled and nodded.

“Oh Jiyoung ah,” Soojung answered, “what’s wrong?” Jongin grinned.

“Oh you’re alive! Jongin didn’t do anything to you?” Jiyoung said on the other line.

“What? I’m pretty much alive right now,” Soojung answered and earned a ‘I told you so’ face from Jongin.

“Oh… Having fun with him?” Jiyoung asked.

“We just left your house like 3 minutes ago… Clearly he’s still with me,” Soojung rolled her eyes yet smiling.

“It has been 3 minutes only? Oh…” Jiyoung said.

“I’m hanging up,” Soojung giggled. Jongin smiled.

“Ok~” Jiyoung said. Soojung then hung up and looked at Jongin.

“Some cousin you got there,” Soojung smiled.

“Annoying but thoughtful,” Jongin smiled back. Soojung just nodded and smiled while looking forward.

Silence engulfing the atmosphere but it was comfortable for them. Walking side by side, hands swaying back and forth, the girl’s face was blushing while the boy can’t stop himself from grinning. Soojung’s right hand accidentally brushed with Jongin’s left hand. She felt an electricity ran through her blood circulation which her to stop from walking. Jongin didn’t even notice the touch but what he noticed was, Soojung wasn’t beside him. Jongin then looked back and saw the flushed face Soojung, holding her right hand looking like a lost puppy.

“What’s wrong?” Jongin walked towards her looking a bit concern.

“Uh? N-n-nothing…” Soojung looked up to Jongin’s eyes. Jongin smiled looking at her reddened cheeks.

“Are you ok?” Jongin chuckled.

“Of course…” Soojung said.

“Your face is red~” Jongin for the first time feeling like teasing her.

“I’m just…feeling…cold…” Soojung pouted.

“You sure? Or are you hot?” Jongin said then suddenly he realised his question could mean something else, “I mean…”

“You think I’m hot?” Soojung back, “I’m just kidding.” Soojung smiled. Jongin was flustered but he chuckled afterwards. Jongin then took her right hand and held it tight with his left hand.

“If you’re cold, you should have told me,” Jongin smiled, “I’ll keep you warm.”

“Neh…” Soojung looked at her shoes, blushing hard. Jongin then interlocked their fingers as they walked. Their interlocked hands swayed as they walked when suddenly a guy called them from behind.

“Together already?” he said, making Jongin and Soojung turned around.

“Sehun,” Soojung called out, Jongin just looked blankly at him.

“You’re rejecting my date because of Jongin?” Sehun was playing around, “everyone likes Jongin huh.”

“Oh Sehun,” Soojung said.

“Jongin ah, are you going to ignore me? Still?” Sehun looked at Jongin, “how many times do you want me to apologise?” Jongin didn’t say a thing. Soojung tightened her grip on Jongin’s hand. Jongin looked at her and Soojung signalled him to respond to Sehun. He sighed heavily.

“I need time Sehun ah,” Jongin answered, “I’m disappointed with you…”

“I know I’m wrong…” Sehun mumbled, “but you were wrong too. Towards Sulli.”

“What?” Jongin said.

“You secretly seeing Soojung in the greenhouse every morning and lunch time while dating her,” Sehun said almost shouting, “you know how hurt she was?” Jongin stayed quiet and his grip on Soojung’s hand loosened. Soojung held his hand even more tightly.

“I was at fault as well,” Soojung looked up at Sehun, “I knew he was taken but I can’t stop myself from going to the greenhouse as well. I’m sorry.” Soojung finally confessed. Jongin held her hand back and looked at Soojung.

“You two are at fault as well,” Sehun said.

“But, You two betrayed me even before Soojung arrived,” Jongin glared at Sehun, “explain that!” Sehun shut his mouth and exhaled heavily.

“We’re just fighting here Jongin ah,” Sehun said finally, “I should go before our situation is getting worse.” With that Sehun walked away and left the two speechless.

 

 

The two walked hand in hand without them even noticing; they were staring into space. They were thinking the same thing; they did the same thing which was wrong. Seeing each other behind Sulli’s back; but they weren’t dating or anything.

“Jongin ah…” Soojung called out. Soojung pulled Jongin’s hand before he went  a little bit further from her.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter