Time to get back on track?

That Girl Caught My Heart.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 33

 

Soojung walked towards the entrance of grandparent’s house. She closed her eyes, breathing normally, trying to calm herself. Inhale. Exhale. You can do this Soojung ah, she reminded herself. She waked towards her grandmother who was standing next to the window of their living room. She looked behind her and saw Soojung was approaching towards her.

“Are you sure you want to go to school today sweetheart?” her grandmother asked. Soojung smiled sweetly at her, showing she’s fine. Her grandmother sighed heavily.

“I don’t know what happened to you, I assume it has something to do with Jongin?” she asked. Soojung just kept quiet.

“I’ll be here waiting for you to tell me when you’re ready,” her grandmother spoke up again, knowing Soojung won’t be saying anything. Almost for 5 days straight Soojung didn’t say a word in the house. Soojunng kissed her grandmother’s cheek and went straight outside. She looked up, she squinted her eyes. The weather was clear, the wind was perfect, the trees were dancing peacefully and she sighed again. She looked around as she went to the sidewalk, she saw someone was standing still like a statue, looking pale, weak and helpless in his school uniform. Soojung stopped for a while, she stared at the man. The man she loved. The man who broke her heart with his uncontrollable hormones.

“Jongin…” for the first time in 5 days, Soojung said a word. Even she was shocked to hear herself speak. Well whispered. She felt like she would fall to the ground in any second and she knew Jongin wouldn’t let that but she didn’t want to. Soojung turned around, face forward and walked. Soojung inhaled a great amount of oxygen, making her head dizzy. She heard his footsteps from behind, having the pace as hers. Walking behind her, not wanting to scare her. Knowing he was behind her, she felt secure and at ease.  She thought to herself, he’s badly in shape…has he been eating well… 

 

Jongin walked the same pace as her, although he wanted so badly to hug her and tell her that everything was his fault and he wants to start over. The moment he looked at her when he saw her went out of her house, his heart fell. His heart fell hard on the floor. His face went pale when he saw her pale face, chapped lips, and swollen eyes, weak and helpless. He followed her from behind, keeping his space between them. He clutched on his bag straps, preventing himself from going towards Soojung’s weak back. He wanted to cry and tell her he loves her, he misses her, he wanted to hug her, he wanted to kiss her everywhere, assuring her that she is all he needs.

“Soojung ah,” Jongin whispered to himself, “you look pale… have you eaten…”

 

 

As they arrived at the bus stop, Soojung stood still under the shade while Jongin kept himself a few feets away from her. When Jongin move a little bit forward, Soojung winced, making the man walked further behind more. Soojung noticed that, she felt so bad but she can’t deal with him. Now yet. The bus came, the two entered. Soojung stood in the middle of the bus, and Jongin was just a few feet away but soon he was next to her due to the number of people entered after stops after stops. Soojung stopped breathing when she felt him right behind her; breathing heavily. Sooojung didn’t want to turn; she knew she might hug him. She didn’t want him to look at her weak face as well. Suddenly more people went in, the space between them gone zero. Soojung stumbled when a man nearly knocked her down, thankfully Jongin encircled his arm around her waist, securing her. Soojung winced at his touch.

“Just for now. Just today…” Jongin whispered. He pleaded, “please…” Soojung stopped moving, she missed his voice, his touched. Jongin pulled her, hitting her back to his chest; hugging her.

“Sorry young lady,” the man apologized towards Soojung. Soojung gave him her smiled, but Jongin was glaring at him, making the man flinched. For another 3 stops ahead they’ll be arriving in school, but as he was still in the buss, the two didn’t even say a word. As if, just beside each other, words already surrounding them. Jongin buried his face on Soojung’s hair, inhaling his favorite smell tightening his grip surround her. He wanted to cry just by smelling her. He wished the bus would just go on forever and never stops at all. Soojung had her hands on her sides, not knowing what to do. She closed her eyes, enjoying the moment until they heard their stop. Jongin stood up straight, not wanting to let her go but unfortunately Soojung lifted his arm, and left him behind, without looking back at him. He sighed looking at her and had his head down.

Jongin just followed from behind, not too far away. Soojung walked towards the school gate with her head down, feeling nervous. She could feel that Jongin was closed to her. She turned slowly and carefully; she saw Jongin was staring at her with his sad eyes, making her heart flinched. She looked at front almost immediately. She was breathless and panting.

 

 

 

“Soojung ah,” Jiyoung whispered, “Mr. Lee wanted to see you. He’s in the staffroom…” Soojung looked at Jiyoung and she just smiled faintly at her.

“Guess I’m in big trouble huh…” Soojung said to her quietly, “I’m going now.” Jiyoung looked at her and she ust stared at the figure that disappeared into the corridor. Sulli walked towards Jiyoung and sat on Soojung’s seat.

“What’s going on? Punishment for her?” Sulli asked Jiyoung quietly.

“I guess… I hope it’s not a heavy one…” Jiyoung said to her. The two just sighed; while the two talked, Sehun was trying to talk to Jongin who was pretty much out of order that day. Suddenly his brain wasn’t functioning like usual. That’s what Sehun thought. Sehun poked his head from the side that made Jongin turned towards him and glared at him. Jongin looked at him like he wanted to kill him so bad.

“What?” Jongin snapped. Sehun winked at him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter