Lost Appetite

BY BLOOD

 

Chapter 6

Japanese Breakfast

 

 

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgftmY7LUveVteErtnbWV

 

 

Rei woke up early the next day. She planned to cook breakfast for Jaejoong. She was still yawning as she headed into the kitchen and got the shock of a lifetime when she saw Mr. Lee in his red hello kitty apron. It was quite a sight to see.

"M-Mr. Lee?" Reimi wanted to laugh but she held it in for it was rude.

"Ah, Good morning Ms. Kim. How's your night? I hope you slept well," he said in a very formal tone, ignoring Rei's reaction to his apron.

"Oh, I've never slept as comfy as that in my whole life," she said truthfully, smiling as she recalled her very well in sleep in her new room plus the apron.

"Do you want some coffee, Ms. Kim?"

"Oh, please drop all the formalities, Mr. Lee! You can call me Rei or Reimi or Mimi perhaps and I'm sorry but I don’t drink coffee. The one who took care of us never allowed us to."

"Is that so? I will call you Rei from now on. Only your best friend calls you Mimi right?" She nodded.

"How about banana milk then?"

"Banana milk?" And her eyes sparkled. Banana milk became her favorite when she first landed in Korea. It was Mr. Lee who gave it to her.

'Just like her Omma.' He smiled secretly.

"Ah Mr. Lee, can I ask you a favor?" she's not quite sure if he will allow her to use the kitchen. She really can’t help but admire that room. For the third time since she arrived in Korea, she was once again awestricken by the luxury and elegance in front of her eyes. From the modern countertop to the state-of-the-art appliances, it was all awesome. She was sure to enjoy cooking there.

The breakfast was set in the very elegant dining room. Mr. Lee helped Rei prepare.

“Satisfied Rei?”

“Indeed yes,” she said, smiling.

Very simple dishes were served like steamed rice, miso soup, tamagoyaki and California rolls. Rei expertly made them all. Even Mr. Lee who was also an experienced one when it comes to cooking was indeed very impressed.

"Would Jaejoong Oppa like it?" asked Rei. She sure didn't want to disappoint him.

"I'm very sure he will love this." Mr. Lee smiled at her. "I will wake him now." Upon hearing this, Rei suddenly became nervous.

"N-No," she said stammering.

"You don’t want me to call your brother?"

"No. ah I’m sorry," she bowed and immediately ran to her room. "Let him have his breakfast."


Mr. Lee just shook his head. He knew she was still afraid to see her brother after their first encounter. Rei really wanted to get close to him but there was something preventing her from doing it.


"What's for breakfast?" Jaejoong lazily asked, eyes still half closed. He just woke up and went straight to the kitchen.

Mr. Lee immediately gave his banana milk and handed him the daily news."Breakfast is in the dining room. The rest of your members will arrive any time now," he said while glancing at his pocket watch.

Jaejoong took a sip from his banana milk, ignoring his butler's words. Banana milk never fails to relax him. Even though he was told countless of times to stop drinking that 'child's milk' and shift to coffee. 

"I'll wait for them," he said nonchalantly. He didn't even ask for his sister, Mr. Lee took the initiative.

"Ms. Kim is also awake." 

"Lee, please." Jaejoong immediately stopped him. "Not now." giving him a warning look.

Mr. Lee just nodded. He knew Jaejoong since he was young and he always gets what he wants, so Lee never tried to go against his will.


"Mr. Lee, what's for breakfast?" Changmin exclaimed excitedly, barging in like a boss.

"Good Morning Mr.  Shim Changmin. It's Japanese breakfast for all of you today." Mr. Lee was back to his stiff, serious side again. He was used to the four guys barging in even without gettng invited.

"Wow, tamagoyaki! I miss this one." Yoochun said as he munched the food using his hand. It's been a whle since they last wento Japan so he really missed the food.

"Ehem." Someone faked a cough. It was Mr. Lee again. "You need to wash up first Mr. Park Yoochun."

"Oh? I see," he answered back, smiling before heading to the kitchen.

'Sometimes these kids are forgetting their table manners,' he sighed.

"Woah! This is delicioushh." It was Junsu, another case of bad table manners, talking when the so-called mouth is full. Everyone was in the dining room now.

"Aish! Chew it first," Yunho, the leader said, nearly smacking the guy.

"This is indeed delicious. Thanks, Mr. Lee," said Yoochun and everybody nodded in agreement including Jaejoong.

"Don’t thank me. It was Ms. Rei who prepared all of that."

Yunho was shocked.

Yoochun grinned.

Changmin took another bite of the California rolls. Ignoring everyone.

Same as Junsu.

And Jaejoong-

Jaejoong choked on his Banana milk.

Changmin immediately handed him some water.

"Are you alright, Hyung?" he said as he patted his back, worried.

Jaejoong just raised his hand, as if saying that he was okay.

Mr. Lee secretly smiled at Jaejoong's reaction. He somehow knew it will happen and he was right.

"I have to say Hyung, your sister has a thing for cooking," Yoochun said while enjoying the food.

"She made all of this?" Jaejoong finally asked recovering from the liquid that went to the wrong pipe.

"Yes, and I’m very satisfied. She even surpassed my expectation." Mr. Lee said proudly.

Then.

“I lost my appetite."

"Jaejoong?" Even Yunho couldn't understand his attitude. "You're almost finish."

He was about to stand up when Mr. Lee said something. Something that made the others shock. "She woke up early because she wanted to thank you for her new room, considering that she just had a serious case of jet lag."

"Ah, the room across Jaejoong's. That's the best room next to his," Junsu said, leaning back to his seat in total satisfaction on the food and Jaejoong's 'kindness'.

"Not that one.” Mr. Lee suddenly interrupted, wanting everyone to know what Jaejoong did.

Jaejoong could almost see his impending doom.

"Then which one?" Yunho asked with brows boxed against each other.

"The room at the end of the hall," Lee calmly replied.

The four looked at each other first, trying to absorb what they heard before they all stared at Jaejoong and said,

"The maid's room?"

 

aejae22

BY BLOOD