The Start

BY BLOOD

 

 

 

Chapter 1
The Start

 

 

  

 

"I'm really going to miss you, Rei," Sakura said as she hugged her best friend. A part of her was praying that the one friend she has will change her mind. They've known each other since they were very young and it was their first time to be separated from each other. People often mistook them as twins not because of their looks but because they were inseparable. Sakura is pure Japanese while Rei Mi is  Korean. They met at an orphanage when the latter was sent to that place for some unknown reason.

"Saki," she fondly called her, eyes never leaving her face. "Don't be sad. We'll be seeing each other again." They are at the airport that time. Giving their goodbyes, and Rei was trying her best to comfort her friend. The promise was an empty one since South Korea was very far and buying tickets for a visit will cost a fortune. So Rei was just saying empty words to comfort her, knowing that it was the last time they will see each other. Sakura gave her a sad smile.

"Hey! As if I will be given the chance to visit you there. Air fare is too expensive." Sakura was in tears, it was like she knew what was on Rei Mi's mind. "I really don't get it. Why would you have to go to Korea? You don't know how they will treat you there. What if that guy is a freak or a maniac? How will I  be able to save you if you are miles away?" she said in between sobs. "And you don't even speak Korean!" If Sakura could, she would definitely stop her best friend from leaving, but she knew that it was for the best and Rei Mi deserves to be in Korea and not in Japan.

Sakura wanted to curse the person who sent the letter that made Rei decided to go to Korea. She wanted to, but couldn't since it was Rei's lifelong wish to see at least a member of her family. A family she thought she never had.

Rei just hugged her best friend and chuckled while ruffling Sakura's hair. Of course, she was sad because she was about to leave her best friend, not to mention her life in Japan. But the idea of seeing the last member of her family made it all worth it. There was no assurance that they will accept her with open arms but it was definitely worth the try. 

Sakura had been acting like a baby even before they arrived at the airport but who could blame her? 

"I promise to call you often."

Sakura scoffed, "Right! You don't even know how to use your cell phone!" 

Rei took a deep breath and hugged her best friend for the last time. "I'll call once I get there, please don't worry about speaking Korean, I got it all covered." She then looked at her best friend's crestfallen face, memorizing each detail and gently wiping the tears streaming down. "I'm going to miss you Saki," she whispered.

Sakura sobbed even more because of that like it was all a nightmare and she wished to wake up already. She couldn't believe that her best friend for years was taken away from her. She wanted to hate her family but it was for her own happiness that was why she was letting her go.

"Hey, don't dare to skip meals. Remember to call me every time ok? And please pray every night," she said and tears rolled again. Rei just nodded as her tears finally escaped her eyes.

ALL PASSENGER OF KOREAN AIR FLIGHT 214 BOUND FOR SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA, PLEASE PROCEED TO GATE FOUR.

"Time for me to go." They both hate goodbyes but they had to say it with each other. She took her bag and slowly walked way trying hard not to look back. Rei will now start living a brand new life, to a brand new country and a brand new family.
  

 
 
 
 
 

 

aejae22

BY BLOOD