Panic! At The Waiting Room

Dreams, Love & Friendship

[GROUP CHAT]

Lea: I'll finish work early tonight. Do you still wanna hang out, Yongguk?

Yongguk: Of course!

Lea: Okay. Usual place?

Yongguk: How about our dorm? The boys are here and they missed your cooking!

Hae Jung: What about me? They don't miss me? T_T

Yongguk: Nope, cos you're mean!

Hae Jung: Fineeeee

Yongguk: Haha. Just joking. Of course, they do. You spoil them too much.

Hae Jung: Yayyyy!!!

Yongguk: So noona, are you on?

Lea: Oh, yeah. Why not? Gotta go now. See you later! I'll call you once I'm done with work. :)

Yongguk: Okay~

 

[S BROADCAST STATION]

EXO was having a last minute special appearance on a variety show, so they had to sacrifice what was supposed to be their free weekend. Poor EXO. Because one of the stylists were on medical leave, Hae Jung had to do all the work all by herself. Thankfully, their make-up artist and hair stylist were willing to help around here and there, but it was still a bit too much for Hae Jung to manage. She was stressing out. Being in a room with a bunch of active boys were not helping either. "Calm down, noona. You can do this!" Lay tried to calm her down as she tried to adjust his jacket.

"Oh, I'm sorry. It's my first time doing these all by myself." she replied, still focusing on Lay's jacket. Luhan and Suho were getting their make-up and hair done, while the other boys were goofing around in the waiting room, waiting for their turn to get ready. "Boys, can you at least put on your stage outfits? I'll go check on them after I'm finished with Lay's." Hae Jung instructed the boys, almost begging. "Okay, noona!" Chanyeol replied happily. Of course, the happy virus Chanyeol. That made Hae Jung smiled a little. "Thank you." she said.

One by one, the boys changed into their stage outfits. The room was a bit noisy and messy. Xiu Min, who has now fully changed, shook his head. "Guys, please clean up after your mess!" he said, a bit disappointed, as he picked up their stuff on the floor. Tao then helped Xiu Min clearing up the room. "Thanks, boys. Really." said Hae Jung, sighing. "My pleasure." replied Xiu Min, smiling.

"Next!" shouted the hair stylist. Kai and Sehun immediately jumped onto their seats in front of the mirrors to get their hair and make-up done. Luhan and Suho were all set and ready so they helped Hae Jung out a bit. "Uh-oh!" Chanyeol suddenly shrieked. Everyone in the room turned to look at him. "What?" asked Hae Jung in panic. Chanyeol paused for a bit, frozen and eyes widened. "I think I just... my pants... they're.... torn right down the middle." he replied and started blushing. The other boys started laughing at him and he immediately stood with his back against the wall, trying to hide the damage.

Hae Jung started to panic and walked back and forth across the waiting room. "Noona, calm down! Everything's gonna be fine. Just, calm down." Lay once again helped her to get it all together. "Don't we usually have extras?" asked Kris. Hae Jung shook her head. "The other outfits are still at the dry cleaners. You're not supposed to perform or anything this weekend so we sent all your outfits for dry cleaning." she explained, still panicking. Everyone were quiet, looking at each other. "Can you call someone? Do you know anyone who can help us right now?" asked Suho, trying to give some ideas. "Ah,right! Thank you Suho-ah! That helped a lot! I'll be right back!" she shook Suho's shoulders with her hands and walked out of the waiting room.

 

[LEA'S POV]

I, literally, just got off work when my phone rang. "Hello?" I answered, without looking at the ID.

"Ya! Where are you right now? I need your help!" asked Hae Jung, sounded a bit restless.

"I just finished with my work. Why? What's up?" I replied, trying to know what happened.

"Great! Can you get something for me and send it to S Broadcast Station?" asked Hae Jung again.

Since it wasn't far away from where I work, I agreed to help her. "Omg thank youuuuuu! i owe you one!" replied Hae Jung happily and continued explaining what I needed to do and where I needed to go. I took note of everything... in my head and immediately making my move to the store she had asked me to go to. After a few minutes of walking, I finally arrived at the clothing store and walked in. "Annyeonghaseyo." greeted one of the workers. I bowed at him and told him that Hae Jung had sent me there. "Oh, are you the one picking up the pants?" asked the worker, guiding me towards the counter. "Oh, yeah. Hae jung asked me to help her." I answered, a bit taken aback. He handed me a shopping bag and greeted me goodbye. I, once again, bowed to him and said 'thank you'.

"Got the pants! I'm on my way there now." I texted Hae Jung. "Awesome! Thank you, again!" she replied.

 

[GROUP CHAT]

Yongguk: Noona, are you still at work?

Lea: Omg, I'm so sorry! I forgot! I mean, I didn't forget our appointment but I forgot to tell you that I had to run some errands for Hae Jung.

Hae Jung: Sorry, Gukkie. Imma have to borrow her for a bit.

Lea: Don't worry, I'll be there soon. Tell the boys, I'll cook their favourite meals.

Yongguk: Yayy!! Thank you, noona! I love you! You're the best! <3<3<3

Yongguk: Uhh... that was Zelo, btw.

Lea: Haha. Okay, okay. I'll see you boys soon!

 

[S BROADCAST STATION]

Lay and Baekhyun had lost a bet, so now they had to buy them drinks and some snacks. Both of them went outside and headed to the cafeteria. "You get the drinks, I get the snacks." suggested Baekhyun. Lay nodded. "No problem!" he said as he walked towards the vending machines at the corner of the lobby. "I'll see you at the waiting room? Okay?" asked Baekhyun, giving Lay the okay sign. Lay turned and once again nodded in agreement.

Lay got all the drinks but the problem was, how would he carry all of them? He's only got two hands. He looked around and laughed. 'Pabo' he thought. "Here, use this." an ahjumma suddenly handed him a plastic bag and helped him put in the drinks into the bag. "Omg. Thank you ahjumma. Thank you, thank you, thank you." Lay hugged her and danced around. "Aigo, aigo this kid! I'm too old to be doing this." she said, giggling. Lay giggled too and bowed his head many times as a thank you and headed back to their waiting room.

"The drinks are here!" he screamed excitedly as he entered the waiting room. All the boys surrounded him and took one can each, not forgetting to thank Lay for his treat. "Oh no." Lay suddenly said while rummaging all his pockets. "What?" asked Baekhyun. "I think I lost my wallet." Lay said, panicked. He then started to look around and tried to follow the path he used earlier to see if the wallet's still on the ground or something. "Lay-shi. I think this is yours." a man suddenly said while handing him his wallet. He checked and it was, indeed, his wallet! "Omg! Thank youuuuu! Where did you find it?" he asked while bowing countless times. "Don't thank me, a pretty lady found it and asked me to give it to you." replied the ahjushi, pointing towards the girl who was walking towards the opposite direction.

Lay turned to look and to his surprise, it was that girl! The girl who had helped him escaped from all the sasaeng fans the other night. Lay's eyes widened and without thinking twice, he began running after her, hoping that he'd get the chance to, at least, say thank you. Lay stopped running, surprised, as he saw the grl standing right in front of their waiting room. She was talking to Hae Jung. 'What is she doing here? Why is she talking to Hae Jung noona? Do they know each other? What are they all so excited about?' Lay thought silently, not far from the waiting room. Chanyeol then stepped out of the room and bowed to the lady a couple of times. "Thank you, Hae Jung noona's friend. You just saved the day!" Chanyeol said happily to the girl. 'Chanyeol? What is he doing talking to her now?' thought Lay again, still frozen on his spot.

"Oh, hyung! Did you find your wallet?" asked Chanyeol, now facing towards Lay. Both Hae Jung and the girl turned to look at him. The girl just stood there and stared at Lay blankly, and so did Lay.

 

To be continued....

 

Author's note: Here's a long chapter for y'all! Enjoy! :D I guess, you know who's Lay's mysterious girl by now! :D