Not Again

Dreams, Love & Friendship

[HAE JUNG'S POV]

I opened my eyes and it was already so bright outside. I was in my bedroom. I didn't even know how I got here and I wasn't even drunk. "Hey, how are you feeling?" Lea suddenly got up from an armchair at the edge of my bed and sat down next to me.

Lea looked very worried and suddenly I remembered what happened last night. I wish I didn't though. It happened to me once and it nearly happened again last night. It was a terrible memory that I would not want to remember or experience ever again! "What happened? How did I get home?" I asked, confused.

"You passed out once we got in the car. Yongguk and I sent you home." explained Lea. "I'm sorry. This is all my fault." she continued and sighed.

I held her hand and assured her that it wasn't her fault. "No, Hae Jung. It was my fault! I saw him getting in and I forgot to tell you." Lea sighed again, looking down. "And it's all because of that freaking Kwon Jiyong!" she added and I chuckled.

She glared at me, giving me a why-did-you-laugh-this-is-a-serious-matter look and I laughed again. "Dude, it's nobody's fault. I actually met him once a week ago. And he kinda threatened me." I sat up and started explainig to Lea.

"What?!" Lea suddenly stood up only to sit back down. "So is that w-why Lay's been over protective over you?" she continued while looking straight into my eyes.

I turned away to avoid her eyes and sighed. I could tell from the corner of my eyes that Lea has noticed something. "You like him, don't you?" Lea's question caught me off guard.

I looked at her, my eyes widened. I wanted to say yes but Lea and Lay kind of have a history so I hesitated. I didn't want to make the situation awkward between us. "Hey, it's okay if you liked him. It's kind of obvious, actually." Lea giggled, making me blush.

"H-How did you-" I stuttered.

"Aigoooo! I thought you're the love expert! Well, I guess you're not." Lea laughed and got up.

I threw a pillow and it hit the back of her head causing her to shriek a little. "What did you do that for?!" she cried and this time, I laughed.

Lea then went to the kitchen while rubbing her head and I followed her. "I'll make you breakfast." she said and that made me very happy.

"Thank youuuuuuuu!!" I said happily and hugged her from the back and kissed her cheek many times to annoy her.

Lea screamed as she struggled to let go of my grip. "Ya! Let me go!!" she cried and I finally let go after a good one minute.

Meanwhile, I decided to take a shower. I just couldn't stand the thought of his filthy hands touching me, his lips carressing my neck disgustingly. I finished washing up and got dressed after half an hour or so and Lea has finished preparing breakfast. I was so happy and all excited to see my favourite food on the table. I wanted to hug her again but she stopped me. "Do not even think about it!" she warned but I managed to kiss her cheek again and laughed.

Lea could only sigh. "Thank you, eonnie." I said with a big smile before I started to gobble down on the food.

The room became quiet as both of us only concentrated on the food. I guess we were really hungry. We were too  busy having fun that we didn't get to eat much last night. "Lay seemed very worried last night. You should call him." Lea suddenly said and i coughed my food out in surprise.

"Oh God, Hae Jung!!" cried Lea and took a towel to clean the mess up.

She then sat back down and the room became quiet again. I didn't know what to say so I just continued eating my food. I could see from the corner of my eyes that Lea was still glaring at me, waiting for an answer. "Hae Jung-ah!" she said again firmly.

"I don't know. If he's that worried then why isn't he here? He promised me that he'd protect me but he didn't." I replied, annoyed.

Weird. I wasn't like this last night. Deep down, I really wanted to call him. Tell him how I felt. But somehow, my ego took the best of me. "I think he still likes you so why even bother calling him." I continued and sighed.

Lea planted her face onto the table quite roughly. "He likes you." said Lea as she got up and put her plate into the sink.

I paused for a moment to process what Lea has just said. 'He likes me?' I thought, tilting my head. "Are you that clueless, Hae Jung? Why would Lay protect you if he doesn't care or like you? He's been so nice to you these past weeks and there's definitely something, I'm sure." exclaimed Lea and she kind of looked annoyed now. "That guy has been following you around like a shadow. He never fails to make sure that you got home safe, he even protected you from Chanyeol, remember?" she added and it got me thinking really hard.

I did have the feeling that there was something going on between me and Lay but i was scared to acknowledge it because I thought that he would still have a feeling for Lea. I was confused. I really didn't know what to do now. "What should I do, eonnie?" I asked with a weak voice and unknowingly, tears started to fill my eyes.

 

[LEA'S POV]

I didn't know Hae Jung was this clueless about her feelings, about Lay's feelings. I mean, she's always the one who gave me advices on relationships and whatnot. But I guess that's one of her cute charms. She may not say it directly but I know deep inside her heart that she really likes Lay. I wish I could do something to help but I just didn't know how to. And then there's Yongguk. He would be really mad if he found out that I was going to meet Lay so I had to scratch that idea.

After having breakfast with Hae Jung, I decided to go home for a while and packed some things. Yup, we're going to have a sleepover party, along with Jimin. It'd be nice to have some fun, just us girls. I walked up the stairs, whistling happily when suddenly I saw Lay in front of my door. I was kind of scared. The last time this happened, he was confessing his feelings for me. I didn't want that to happen again, not when I knew Hae Jung has a feeling for him. He was sitting down, his head on his knees. He seemed to be asleep. "Lay-shi?" I shook him a bit to wake him up.

He looked up and rubbed his eyes to clear his vision. "Noona, you're back?" he asked weakly and I helped him to get up.

"W-What are you doing here? Have you been here all night?" I asked, confused.

Lay sighed and just looked down on the ground, not saying anything. "Lay-shi?" I shook him again.

"I-I need to tell you something." he replied with teary eyes.

 

To be continued...

 

A/N: Uh-oh! What is Lay doing in front of Lea's apartment? D: Find out in the next chapter! :D