The Confession

Dreams, Love & Friendship

[NARRATOR]

Lea came home and was shocked to see Lay sleeping in front of her door. He looked really miserable. A part of Lea was worried for him and another part was scared that Lay would confess his feelings again. Well, the latter did happen. However this time, it was quite different. "I need to tell you something." Lay muttered. "I know this might sound strange to you but..." he paused once again, leaning his back against the wall and sighed. "I-I-I think I'm falling for Hae Jung noona." he finally managed to finish his sentence.

Lea stood next to him and patted his shoulder lightly. "I know." she replied, smiling.

Lay turned to her with a surprised face. "You two are so meant to be together, do you know that?" she chuckled.

"What do you mean?" asked Lay, puzzled.

"It's obvious. Man, you both are so clueless!" she giggled. "Come on. Follow me." she continued and grabbed Lay by his hand.

"Wait, where are we going?" asked Lay as he tried to let go of Lea's grip.

"We're going to Hae Jung's place. Now!" exclaimed Lea and dragged Lay downstairs to head back to Hae Jung's apartment.

Lay's eyes bacame wider. He panicked and tried to escape from Lea's grip but to no avail. She was, surprisingly, strong. "WHAT?! But why?!" asked Lay, surprised.

"Don't ask too many questions. Just follow me." she ordered with a firm voice.

Lay had now given up on trying to escape and just followed her. Inside, his heart was pounding. He felt like he could get a cardiac arrest or something soon. He didn't know exactly what Lea's planning to do so he was nervous. Very nervous. They finally arrived at Hae Jung's apartment and his heart was racing even more faster. "Noona, wait! I-I-" he stuttered, his body shaking.

"Relax! Just tell her how you exactly feel. I'm sure everything will be alright." replied Lea. "Breathe in. And now breathe out." she ordered and Lay followed. "Trust me, everything's going to be alright. Fighting!" cheered Lea. "Are you ready?" she asked once again to make sure.

Lay took another deep breath and nodded. Lea did the 'fighting' gesture one last time before she rang the doorbell. Lay was waiting nervously while Lea was being all excited by herself. Hae Jung opened the door and greeted Lea happily, not knowing Lay was also there. "Hiiiii! That was fast!" said Hae Jung cheerfully, thinking that Lea did bring her stuff for their sleepover party.

"There's somebody who wants to talk to you." replied Lea with a big smile on her face.

"Who?" asked Hae Jung in confusion.

Lea, who couldn't stop smiling the entire time, finally dragged Lay to the door. "Him!" said Lea innocently.

Hae Jung was a bit taken aback and took a step backward. "Noona, I don't think this is a good idea" Lay tried to escape but failed.

Lea managed to grab his hand and pushed him inside. "I'll let you guys talk. Call me if you need anything. Wait, no. Call me if you guys are finally an official couple!" Lea winked and closed the door.

Hae Jung and Lay were frozen at that very moment. There was a long, awkward silence. Hae Jung could not stop fidgeting with her hands and Lay could not stop scratching his head. "I-" both them said at the same time.

"You first." said Lay.

"No, you first." insisted Hae Jung.

"Okay." replied Lay while looking down, trying to hide his shyness. "Well, umm.... I'm sorry about last night. I should've been there as I had promised." he continued and sighed.

"That's okay. I knew you would come and save me. It's just that GD was there first." said Hae Jung, her cheeks slowly turning pink.

Lay walked to the window and just stared blankly at the empty street. "You know, I really hated it when I saw you in his arms. It felt like thousands of knives were stabbed right into my heart. It could've been me who saved you. It could've been me who hugged you and comforted you. Telliing you that you're alright, that everything will be alright for as long as I'm here. But I failed. And I really hate myself for that." Lay began to cry.

Hae Jung, too, couldn't help but to cry when she heard his confession. But it was happy tears. She immediately run towards Lay and wrapped her arms around him tightly from the back. "I love you. I know it's crazy but that's the truth. I love you, Lay." she said and her tears just couldn't stop flowing.

Lay was a bit shocked at first. He, honestly, did not expect that Hae Jung would feel the same way too. He turned around and wiped her tears away. "Shhh. Don't cry, baby. I love you too. I love you too silly, bubbly, clumsy Park Hae Jung." he said jokingly, causing Hae Jung to hit his chest strongly.

Lay shrieked and kind of regretted what he said. Well, only the silly-bubbly-clumsy part. "Seriously, though. I love you." he said while cupping her face with his soft hands and looking her straight in the eyes.

Hae Jung blushed like crazy when he did that. "I'm sorry but I can't resist it." said Lay with a smirk.

"Resist what?" asked Hae Jung suspiciously.

"This." Lay smiled and slowly leaned closer to kiss her lips gently and passionately.

It was a very beautiful moment for both of them. Butterflies were flying all over their tummies and Hae Jung's face was bright red by then. They finally broke away from their kiss and Hae Jung looked down in embarrassment. "I didn't know you could be this cute!" Lay chuckled, causing another hit on his chest.

"Aigo! I think I need to get used to that." he joked and both of them laughed.

He hugged her once again and kissed the top of her head. "I'm really sorry about last night. I promise that I'll do my very best to be a good boyfriend." he said before kissing her head again.

Hae Jung just smiled and hugged him even more tightly, not wanting to let him go.

 

To be continued....

 

A/N: Yayy!!! Hae Jung and Lay finally opened up about their feelings! :D Oh btw, this story is coming to an end pretty soon. Just a few more episodes left. :( I hope you enjoyed it! And oh, welcome ne subbers! Thank you for supporting my fic! :D