You Will Be Mine

Dreams, Love & Friendship

[LEA'S POV]

'Did Yongguk just kiss me? Oh yes, he did!' I hopped happily on my way back home. I still couldn't believe it Everything felt so surreal To be quite honest, I didn't intend to confess my feelings or anything last night. I wan't even sure what I was feeling. However, the thought of losing Yongguk and not being able to see him was killing me. I really thought that I lovd him only like a brother but when he held me in his arms, I felt something different. Something magical. I knew right then and there that I loved him more than just brother, that I wanted to be more than just his bestfriend.

I was humming my favourite song as I hopped my way up the stairs to my apartment when I saw a man standing in front of my door. "Lay-shi." I said, confused.

"You're finally here." he smiled and walked closer to hug me. "I was waiting for you all night!" he replied, pouting his lips.

"B-But why? Is there anything wrong?" I was a bit taken aback.

He giggled and hugged me again, even more tighter this time. "Because I missed you, noona!"

i didn't know what to do at that moment. I wanted to tell him the truth but I also didn't want to hurt him. He finally let go of me when he realised that I wan't hugging him back. His face turned more serious now. "I have to tell you something." he said.

I just kept quiet and looked him in the eyes. I saw love. I saw hope. I saw sincerity. How could I possibly think of hurting this boy? He's just so nice and kind. But I've got to do what I got to do. "L-Lay shi." I stuttered and took a deep breath. "I know that you have feelings for me. But I'm afraid that I can't tell you that I feel the same way for you. Don't get me wrong. You're a really nice guy. But you deserve someone better than me." I continued explaining.

It was really hard for me to say all those things but if I didn't, I would've just hurt him even more. "You're lying, noona! I know you're lying! Tell me you didn't feel anything when i hugged you. Tell me you didn't feel anything when i kissed your forehead." he cried as he grabbed me by my shoulders.

I wanted to say no but I would be lying. Because I did feel some sparks when he did all that, but not as much as when I was with Yongguk. "I'm sorry, Lay. I really am." I replied as I looked down on the ground.

Lay fell down on his knees, sobbing like crazy. I felt really guilty but I couldn't do anything. He would've been even more hurt if I didn't tell him the truth. I bowed and apologised to him once again and rushed into my apartment. "Noona, I won't give up on you! I promise with my whole life that I will win your heart and make you mine!" I heard him shout from the other side of the door.

Ugh. I really hated this feeling. Guilt. How did I even get myself into all these things?

 

[GROUP CHAT]

Hae Jung: Have a safe flight, Gukkie! Please take care of yourself and enjoy the tour!

Yongguk: Will do, thanks. :)

Hae Jung: And please send my regards to the boys! Especially my baby, Zelo! :D

Yongguk: Ha, Zelo said hi too! He said he misses you and your gifts!

Hae Jung: Haha that boy!

Yongguk: Lea noona, aren't you gonna say goodbye or anything?

Hae Jung: Oh? You're two are good again? Since when? Did I miss anything?

Yongguk: Yeah, since last night. :)

Hae Jung: Ooooh~

Lea: Goodbye? Nope! Cos I know I'm gonna see you again. Hee, call me when you're free, okay? :)

Hae Jung: Call me too! Don't leave me alone!

Yongguk: I guess I'll see you soon then? Hehe and of course, I will. ;)

Hae Jung: Remember to call me toooooo!!!

Yongguk: Aigo, this kid! I will, I will. Don't worry.

 

[NARRATOR]

Lay was really devasted. It felt like his heart was crushed into tiny pieces. He couldn't eat, he couldn't sleep and he couldn't even focus on his work. He was just not the joker Lay that everybody knew. He has changed drastically ever since that day. He really liked Lea. No, he loved her. He's gone through a lot ever since he moved to Seoul to pursue his dream of becoming an idol. Although he seemed so cheerful and always joking with the other members, he's actually pretty dark inside. Being away from his family, dealing with stress of becoming an idol and whatnot - Lay has actually been keeping all these to himself and it's slowly killing him. However, everything seemed to change when Lea came into his life. There's just something about her that made him happy, really happy. Maybe because he could see the same sadness that he had in her eyes. He felt that the're  somehow connected.

"What's wrong with him? He seems to be very quiet these days." asked Kris, pointing at Lay who was sitting by the mirror table alone.

"I don't know. He's been like this for a few days now. I tried talking to him but he said he's okay." replied Suho with a concerned voice.

"Well, he's definitely not okay! Look at him! He looks terrible!" replied Kris, a bit frustrated.

All the members were worried about Lay as they have never seen him so quiet before, but they didn't know what to do. Suho, Sehun and even Luhan have tried talking to him but he just wouldn't tell them what's bothering him. Kris couldn't take it anymore and confronted Lay, "Ya! Why are you being like this? If you have a problem, talk to us!" he said, annoyed.

Lay was a bit surprised by Kris's sudden outburst. "I-I'm okay, hyung. Really." stuttered Lay, trying to hide his emotion.

"Is this what you called okay? Bullcrap! You're totally not okay!! You've been isolating yourself from the others and you're being so quiet. This is just so not you!" cried Kris.

"I said I'm okay, hyung! Gosh, why can't you just leave me alone?!" replied Lay, very frustrated, and dashed out of the waiting room.

Everyone's eyes were widened. Everyone was shocked. "Look, I know you're worried but that's just not the right way to approach him." Suho tried to calm Kris down.

"I know. I'm sorry. I'm just so worried about him." sighed Kris as he sat down, covering his face with his palms.

Hae Jung witnessed everything and couldn't help but to worry, herself. She went out to look for Lay. After looking around the entire floor, she finally saw him stting down at a very secluded corner. He was crying like crazy. Hae Jung was shocked. She's never seen Lay or any of the other members cried except when they won their first award. She slowly approached him. "Is this about Lea?" she asked softly.

Lay just continued crying. He was just so helpless and broken-hearted. Hae Jung came a bit closer and hugged him. "It's okay. You can cry. Just let it all out if that makes you feel better." she patted his back.

Lay finally calmed down after a few minutes. "She rejected me, noona. She rejected me." he whimpered.

"Hey, Lea is not the only girl in the world you know~ C'mon, you're a handsome, young man! I'm sure there are a lot of pretty and hot girls out there that would like to date you!" Hae Jung tried to cheer him up.

"But, she's different. She's special." Lay sighed.

"Of course, she is! She's our Lea!" joked Haejung.

"Ya, noona! Are you trying to help me or make me me feel worse?!" Lay replied and hit her shoulder.

Hae Jung laughed. "Well, can you just forget about her for now? Your friends are worried about you. And you also have a responsibilty as an Exo member. You should focus on that first and then your love life. Remember, you came here to pursue your dreams and make your family happy. Do you wanna ruin that just because of one girl?" said Hae Jung with a serious tone.

Lay just kept quiet for a while before he let out a deep sigh. "I guess you're right. I shouldn't be acting like this! I'm here to sing, to dance! I should and I would not let the other members down!" Lay got up and regained his strength. "Thanks, noona! You're the best!!" he continued and hugged Hae Jung happily.

Hae Jung hugged him back and they jumped happily like two little kids. "Come, let's go back to the waiting room. The others are waiting for you." Hae jung grabbed his hand and dragged him back to the waiting room.

 

To be continued...

 

A/N: Awww poor Lay! Do you think he'd finally win Lea's heart? Stay tuned to find out! :)