Like A Mother I Never Had

Dreams, Love & Friendship

[NARRATOR]

Hae Jung rushed to the hospital as soon as she received a call from Lea. She was really worried and has yet to know exactly what happened. She stormed into the hospital and looked around for Lea, slightly panicking. "Lea! Lea, where are you?" she screamed out her name.

"Hae Jung-ah! I'm here." replied Lea from across the hallway.

Hae Jung immediately ran towards her and to Lea's surprise, she wasn't alone. Lay, Kai, Chanyeol and Suho were also with her. "What happened?" asked Hae Jung, concerned, as she sat down next to Lea.

"Calm down. I'm fine. I saw some girls beating another girl at some alley on my way to the store so I helped her." explained Lea.

"Pabo ya! Did you know how worried I was?!" Hae Jung hit Lea by the shoulder and hugged her tightly. "Next time, don't act all strong by yourself! You should ask for some help or something. What if they beat you up too? Yongguk's not here to protect you!!" continued Hae Jung, still hugging her.

Lay's eyes immediately glared at Lea upon hearing Yongguk's name. Lea noticed him glaring but she ignored it. "Miss. Lea Kwon? Are you Miss Lea Kwon?" asked a policeman politely.

Lea nodded and everyone's eyes were on the policeman. "Can you come with us for a moment? We need to ask you some questions." asked the policeman again.

"Sure." Lea said to the policeman. "Don't worry. Everything's fine. I'll be right back." she said to calm Hae Jung down and followed the policeman to another corner.

Lay, Kai, Chanyeol and Suho sat down next to Hae Jung, with Suho trying to calm Hae Jung down. She was still in a panic mode, somehow. "Noona, did you just say Yongguk just now? Is it B.A.P's Yongguk?" asked Lay hesitantly.

Hae Jung paused for a moment. She forgot that Lay has a thing for Lea. "Umm, yeah. We've been friends for years. He's kinda like our bodyguard." chuckled Hae Jung, trying not to hurt Lay's feelings.

"Oh, okay." Lay replied weakly.

'So it's Bang Yongguk, huh? I guess I could never win against him.' Lay thought and sighed.

After half an hour, Lea came back to sit with them. "What did they say? Is everything alright?" asked Suho.

"Yeah. They just wanted to know what happened and what I saw, that's all." replied Lea.

"You seem really tired, noona. You should go home." suggested Chanyeol.

Lea hesitated at first. She wanted to wait till the girl's awake. She kind of felt that it was her responsibility to look after the girl, at least until she's awake and able to contact her parents. "He's right, eonnie. You need to change your clothes too." insisted Hae Jung, pointing at Lea's shirt which was covered in blood.

Lea was too busy helping and worrying for the girl that she didn't even realise that she had blood all over her shirt. "Well, I guess I have to then. But I won't be long. I'll change my clothes and come back. I can rest here too so it's okay." Lea finally agreed.

"Don't worry about the girl. I'll stay here until you come back. And I'll call you if she's awake." said Hae Jung and hugged Lea again.

"We'll give you a ride home. We're heading the same way anyways." suggested Kai and the rest agreed.

Lea nodded and thanked the boys.

 

[JIMIN'S POV]

I opened my eyes and everything was blurry so I closed them again. My body's aching from head to toe. I, literally, felt as if I just got hit by a bus or something. I heard some unfamiliar voices. "I'm here. How is she?" whispered one lady.

"Oh, she's fine but still unconscious." replied another lady.

"Thank you, Hae Jung. You can go now. You have work so you better go hom and rest. I'll take it from here." whispered the first lady. "Oh and can you help me submit my thesis? You just have to put it in a box. I'll give you the directions, don't worry." she continued.

I tried to open my eyes again and it was still blurry so I blinked a few times, hoping to see better. "Oh, you're awake!" said the first lady as she came closer to me and held my hand.

"I'll call the doctor." the other lady rushed out and came back with the doctor.

The doctor checked my eyes with his light and then he checked my heartbeat. He asked me if I felt any unusual pain anywhere and I shook my head. "She's fine. Fortunately, there's no internal injuries or anything. Just a few cuts and bruises. She can go in a couple of days." the doctore turned and talked to the first lady.

Weird, I didn't even know her. Why would the doctor explain those things to her? She bowed at the doctore a few times as he left the room and turned to me with a smile. "How are you feeling?" she asked softly.

I just kept quiet as I was still a bit confused. "Eonnie, Imma go now. Call me if you need anything." said the other lady before she left.

"What happened? Who are you?" I managed to blurt out a few words out of my mouth.

"Y-You were beaten up by some girls last night at an alley and I helped you. Did you not remember?" she replied with a motherly voice.

I started to remember everything bit by bit and it hurt my head so bad. "That's okay. You don't have to remember everything now. You need to rest." she held my hand and comforted me as she saw me cringed in pain. "Hey, I know you're in pain and a bit confused right now but may I know your name?" she continued, still holding my hand.

"S-Song Ji Min." I replied weakly.

"Ah, can I call you Jimin? My name is Kwon Lea. You can call me Lea eonnie if you want. " she said smiling. "And um, how can I contact your parents?" she continued.

I just kept quiet for a while. "I-I don't have any parents. I live with my grandmother." I replied as tears started to build up in my eyes.

"Oh, okay then. Just tell me her phone number and I'll call her for you." she said as she tapped my hand gently.

"No!" I cried, shocking her. "Please, don't tell her. I don't want her to be worried." I held her hand tightly and begged.

Suddenly, two policemen came in. "We heard that you're awake. Do you think you can answer some questions now?" asked one of the policeman.

"W-Why are they here?" I stuttered, slighly panicking.

Lea eonnie stood up and took the policemen to the corner of the room. "Look, she's still in shock. Can you come again another time?" she said as quietly as possible.

The policemen nodded and bowed their heads to me before they left. "Hey, it's okay. You don't have to tell everything now. Just rest, okay?" she walked back towards me and patted my shoulder.

"And um, may I know where you live?" my eyes widened when she asked the question. "It's okay. I won't tell her what happened. I'll just tell her that you're away for some school project. At least that way, she won't worry to much about you." she continued.

I nodded and gave her my address. "Thank you." I said weakly and she smiled.

"No worries. For now, you're my responsibility. Get some rest. I'll be back at noon, okay?" she replied and squeezed my hand to reassure me that everything was gonna be alright before she left.

How could she be so nice to a stranger like me? Weird, but I kinda liked her. A lot. Somehow, I felt really safe when she's here with me. Well, she did save my life once. She's so nice and kind. She's like a mother I never had.

 

[GROUP CHAT]

Yongguk: Hae Jung-ah! I haven't heard from Lea noona at all today. Is she okay?

Hae Jung: Oh, she's in the hospital.

Yongguk: WHAT?! HOSPITAL?! WHY?????

Lea: Calm down! I'm just taking care of a girl who I helped last night.

Yongguk: Oh, okay. You scared me!! T_T

Hae Jung: Don't worry. I'll protect your precious noona while you're gone!

Yongguk: Thank you uri Hae Jungieeeeeee

Hae Jung: Ugh, don't call me that! And you're welcome.

Yongguk: Haha! Now you know how I feel all this time!!

Hae Jung: Pfffttttt!!! Yonggukkie Yonggukkie Yonggukkie~~ :P

Yongguk: *rolles eyes*

 

To be continued...

 

A/N: Ah, so it was Jimin that Lea saved the other night! But uh-oh! Who attacked her? How would Jongup react when he finds out about this? D: Stay tuned to find out!! ^^