Finale

Dreams, Love & Friendship

[NARRATOR]

They’re finally back in Korea and everyone resumed their respective activities. Lea’s doing much better now, all thanks to her two very reliable best friends -Yongguk and Hae Jung, who would check up on her every now and then. Lea’s finally able to forgive herself, although she didn’t really have to in the first place, and she has started writing songs again.

*Ding dong.

Lea’s doorbell suddenly rang, interrupting her newfound artistic moment. She got up lazily to open the door and was very surprised to see Lay standing in front of her door, with his signature smile on his face. “Lay-ah. W-What are you doing here?” Lea’s, somehow, always nervous whenever Lay came to visit because she knew that he wouldn’t just come to her house without any purpose.

“Noona, I need your help.” he replied nervously.

 

***

 

It’s finally D-day! Hae Jung’s very first fashion show! Everyone seemed to be very excited. Well, except maybe Hae Jung, herself. She was nervous – very nervous that she kept on going to the toilet every few minutes.

1 hour to the fashion show and Hae Jung was still busy doing some last minute touches on her designs. “Noona!” Zelo shouted excitedly as he entered the dressing room and went to give Hae Jung his big, bear hug.

“Ya! You’re gonna kill noona!” Jongup appeared out of nowhere and grabbed Hae Jung from Zelo’s grip to give her another tight hug.

Daehyun, Youngjae and Himchan followed after, and everyone gave her a big, happy, group hug. Yongguk came in a few seconds later and his eyes widened when he saw his best friend being squeezed by five teenage boys – well, make that three teenagers and two young adults. He immediately grabbed the boys by their collars and dragged them away, one by one, giving Hae Jung some space and air to finally breathe properly. “Thanks, Gukkie.” Hae Jung managed to say while grasping for air.

“Thank you? What did we miss?” asked Lay with Lea by his side.

“Eonnie! You came!” Hae Jung greeted her happily and at the same time a bit surprised to see Lea. “Are you okay? How are you feeling?” Hae Jung started to bombard Lea with questions.

“Of course, I came! I wouldn’t miss this for the world!” replied Lea, also, happily as she wrapped her arm around Hae Jung’s shoulders. “And I’m doing good. No need to worry about me. Today’s your day! So focus only on yourself!” Lea added while pinching Hae Jung’s right cheek with her free hand.

“Ahem!” Lay cleared his throat, trying to remind Hae Jung of his presence. “Aren’t you going to, at least, say hello to your boyfriend?” he continued as he gave his cutest pout ever.

“Oops! Sorry, boyfriend!” Hae Jung chuckled as jumped right in front of Lay to give him a kiss on the nose.

Lay was a bit taken aback by her action – his mouth agape and his face turned so red like a tomato. “You two are the cutest couple I’ve ever seen!” exclaimed Chanyeol from behind and suddenly the rest of the EXO members started to crowd the once empty, large room.

“Finally! You guys are here! Let’s get you three to change! We don’t have that much time!” ordered Hae Jung as she pushed Tao, Kris and Chanyeol to their respective fitting rooms.

Yes! Hae Jung has asked the so-called towers of EXO for a favour to be the main models of her fashion show. Besides, without their help, she wouldn’t get the gig in the first place. So it was kind of her way to say thank you. “And there goes my girlfriend.” mumbled Lay jokingly, but it was loud enough for everyone to hear.

“Don’t worry, she’ll be all yours after the show.” Lea replied with a wink. “Are you ready?” she asked again and Lay nodded shyly.

“Wait, what are you guys talking about? What did I miss?” Yongguk asked out of suspicion.

“Nothing! You’ll find out soon!” answered Lea teasingly. “Now let’s get everyone settled down and seated!” she added as she ruffled Yongguk’s hair and guided everyone to their seats.

 

***

 

The fashion show went really well. Everyone was screaming and whistling throughout the entire show, especially when Kris, Tao and Chanyeol walked the runway. Hae Jung got pretty good reviews from other designers and other fashion enthusiasts alike. She was so happy that she couldn't stop smiling the entire night.

Everyone has now gathered at the usual coffee shop for an after party. Yes, Yongguk has rented the entire place and the café’s closed just for them. It wasn’t really a wild party where people got drunk and grinded on each other’s body, though. It was just a small, warm gathering with their closest friends and acquaintances – including all EXO and B.A.P members, their managers, and Hae Jung’s colleagues.

Jongup came a little bit late than the rest and he brought Jimin along with him. “Sorry I couldn’t make it to your fashion show, eonnie. Gotta help my grandma with some errands.” Jimin greeted Hae Jung with a bouquet of flowers.

“That’s okay, sweetheart. I understand. But next time, you have to be there, got it?” Hae Jung threatened her jokingly.

“Definitely! I promise!” Jimin promised.

Jongup then brought Jimin to the center to dance, which she kind of rejected at first since nobody else was actually dancing. After many attempts of doing failed aegyo faces, Jimin finally surrendered and danced with him. “So young and in love.” Hae Jung chuckled as they watched the two young lovebirds dancing happily by themselves.

“Well, look who’s talking.” replied Yongguk and flicked Hae Jung’s head rather roughly causing her to yelp.

“And remind me who’s the maknae here?!” Hae Jung retorted while grabbing and pulling a chunk oh his hair with her hand.

Lea just giggled and shook her head looking at the two bickering like they would normally do. ‘Typical Yongguk and Hae Jung.’ she sighed at her own thought.

“Noona, can I talk to you for a minute?” Lay suddenly asked Lea, causing Hae Jung and Yongguk to stop fighting and they both raised their eyebrows in suspicion.

Lea nodded and Lay immediately dragged her to the back of the café. “I don’t think I can do this.” Lay suddenly started panicking and pacing back and forth restlessly.

“Ya! Snap out of it! You’ll do just fine!” Lea stopped Lay and shook his shoulders. “Now take a deep breath.” she instructed and Lay followed. “Better?” she asked again.

“Yes. Thank you, noona.” Lay replied with a weak, yet happy smile.

“Don’t mention it! I’m more than happy to help!” she winked. “So, are you ready?” Lea asked again.

Lay took another deep breath before he nodded his head. “Wish me luck, noona!” he said.

“Good luck! Not that you need it, though.” chuckled Lea as she pushed him back inside the café.

Little did Lea and Lay know, Yongguk and Hae Jung were actually observing their every move from the other end of the café. They gave them their what-are-you-two-hiding-from-us look but both Lea and Lay just pretended like they didn’t even notice, which made Yongguk and Hae Jung even more curious.

“That’s it! I can’t stand this anymore!” Hae Jung finally made her move and shoved her way through the crowd to talk to Lea when a voice from the loudspeaker suddenly stopped her.

“Annyeonghaseyo. I’m EXO’s healing unicorn, Lay.” Lay greeted everyone from the small stage by the corner of the café to get everyone’s attention.

Hae Jung couldn’t help but to giggle upon hearing Lay’s adorable introduction. “Firstly, I would like to thank everyone here for coming. This means a lot to Hae Jung noona.” he continued only to pause for another few seconds to take a long, deep breath.

All eyes were on him and Lay got even more nervous. “Well, I’m standing in front of you tonight not as the member of EXO but as a mere human being who has fallen in love with the most wonderful girl I have ever known. I am not one who is usually good with words so I have personally written a song, instead, to help me express what I am truly feeling.” he added before settling himself in front of a piano.

“This song is for you, Park Hae Jung. I hope you’ll like it.” he said one last time before he started to play the piano and sing.

 

You're stuck on me and my laughing eyes
I can't pretend though I try to hide - I like you
I like you.

I think I felt my heart skip a beat
I'm standing here and I can hardly breathe - you got me
You got me.

The way you take my hand is just so sweet
And that crooked smile of yours it knocks me off my feet

Oh, I just can't get enough
How much do I need to fill me up.
It feels so good it must be love
It's everything that I've been dreaming of.
I give up. I give in. I let go. Let's begin.
Cause no matter what I do,
Oh (oh) my heart is filled with you.

I can't imagine what it'd be like
Living each day in this life - without you.
Without you.
One look from you I know you understand
This mess we're in you know is just so out of hand.

I hope we always feel this way (I know we will)
And in my heart I know that you will always stay

Oh, I just can't get enough
How much do I need to fill me up.
It feels so good it must be love
I give up. I give in. I let go. Let's begin.
Cause no matter what I do,

Oh (oh)
You got me. You got me.
Oh (oh)
You got me. You got me.

 

[A/N: This is actually a Colbie Caillat song called "You Got Me". You can listen to it here. But for this, just pretend that Lay really has written this song for Hae Jung. XD]

This was, most probably, the sweetest thing guy has ever done for her. Hae Jung was really happy and really thankful at the same time too. “He’s a good man, Hae Jungie. Don’t lose him.” Yongguk whispered as he wrapped his arm around Hae Jung’s shoulders.

Hae Jung just nodded and smiled shyly. She just couldn’t get her eyes off of Lay throughout the entire performance. Every word and every sentence that came out of his mouth sent millions of electric feels all around her body. But nothing would compare to what was about to happen next.

After he has finished singing, Lay looked down on the black and white keys under his fingers and smiled shyly and slowly, he lifted his face up to look at his girlfriend, who was now under some kind of a magic spell. He took another deep breath. He giggled to himself thinking about the number of deep breaths he has taken for the past few hours. Lay then walked down the stage and towards Hae Jung, who was standing, frozen on her feet.

“She’s all yours.” said Yongguk with a big smile plastered on his face as he pushed Hae Jung slightly so that she was standing much closer to Lay.

Lay giggled once again, looking at how cute Hae Jung was with that surprise look on her face. Meanwhile, Lea somehow got her way back to Yongguk and the two wrapped their arms around each other’s waist, and watched Lay and Hae Jung happily.

“I know that we’ve only been together for a short period of time, but I’ve known you long enough to realise what kind of a person you are. You’re weird, you’re crazy and you nag all the time.” he teased, causing Hae Jung to poke his tummy rather strongly. “But you can also be very sweet, caring, gentle and loving. I can go on and list another hundreds or even thousands of words but it still won’t be enough because you are that amazing.” he added, both his and Hae Jung’s faces have now turned so red.

“Like I said when I first confessed my feelings to you, it frustrated me when I witnessed some guy trying to hurt you right before my eyes. And it frustrated me even more to see you cry in another man’s arms. Honestly, it still frustrates me up until today. From that day on, I promised myself to be the only man to protect you, to be there for you for better and for worst. I love you, Park Hae Jung. I love you so much it’s driving me insane. I want to be the only man in your heart like you are the only woman in mine.” Lay suddenly got down on one knee, surprising everyone, especially Hae Jung.

She covered with her hands, trying her best not to cry. Somehow, she knew where this was going and she’s loving it. Lay took out a ring out of his pocket and Hae Jung just couldn’t control her tears anymore. “Park Hae Jung. The beautiful, Park Hae Jung. Would you do the honour and be my wife?” he asked, giving that beautiful smile of his, still blushing like crazy.

Hae Jung was a crying mess but she managed to say yes in between her sobs. Lay then happily slipped the ring into Hae Jung’s ring finger and pulled her into a very tight hug. “I love you.” he said softly as he leaned closer to kiss her.

Everyone in the café went crazy! Some were screaming, some were banging on the tables and whistling, and some were throwing flowers over the newly engaged couple. “Ya! Don’t be too happy just yet!” Yongguk interrupted the two lovebirds. “She is still my best friend, Yixing shi! If you ever hurt her, even a tiny bit, I promise you that I’ll come and hunt you down!” he continued, giving Lay his most sinister gaze.

“He’s just joking!” Lea interrupted as she shoved Yongguk’s head with her hand slightly causing Lay and Hae Jung to laugh. “Congratulations! I’m so happy for the both of you.” she added and started to cry herself.

Hae Jung hugged Lea and the two started to cry like a baby. “Girls.” Yongguk scoffed and Lay just laughed at his comment, kind of in agreement.

“I heard that, makdoongie!” said Hae Jung, emphasising the word makdoongie as a threat.

“To celebrate this wonderful moment, all drinks are on me!” shouted GD, who was standing on a table, excitedly.

“Since when did he get here?” asked Lea, raising one of her eyebrows.

 

***

 

Four months have passed. Lay and Hae Jung are still happily engaged. They have decided to keep it on a down low for the time being, though. Well, at least, until EXO has finished their promotional activities for the year.

Hae Jung is still working as EXO’s stylist, but she also keeps designing her own clothes every now and then. In fact, she will be launching her own fashion line pretty soon and GD will be the main endorser of her brand.

As for Lea and Yongguk… Well, they have their ups and downs but they’re still together and still in love. They’re not planning to get married anytime soon, though.

Yongguk is busy with B.A.P’s album promotions, tours and whatnot. While, Lea is busy helping GD with his new album. Yeap, Lea has finally decided to write a few songs for him. One thing for sure, both of them are still a bit protective over Hae Jung, living up to their eomma and appa nicknames.

Jongup and Jimin, on the other hand, are still very much in love with each other. Jimin has finally brought Jongup to meet her grandmother and she really likes him. Both Zelo and Jimin are graduating from high school soon and along with Jongup, they have decided to go to college together. The girl, who once bullied Jimin at school, has now become her one and only best friend.

 

THE END.