Zelo's Sudden Outburst

Dreams, Love & Friendship

[JIMIN’S POV]

I looked out the window and I could see the clear, blue sky. It was very relaxing. I started to reminisce the times I spent with Jongup. Although it has not really been that long that we’re together, it was enough to put a smile on my face. ‘How did I even end up with Jongup after all the years crushing on Zelo?’ I thought to myself and chuckled. It was a mystery that I have yet to solve, myself.

I continued washing the dishes for another few minutes before taking out the trash. “Grandma, I’m taking out the trash for a bit.” I said to my grandmother, who was watching a K-drama in the living room, before I left.

With both hands carrying trash bags, I managed to open the door with a bit of a struggle. I cleared one of my hands to close the door and was about to pick the trash bags up when someone snatched them away from me. I looked up in confusion. “Eonnie, what are you doing here?” I asked.

“I need your help.” replied Lea as she helped me with the trash bags.

“Help?” I asked her again.

“I’m planning to prepare lunch for the boys. And it’s going to be a surprise!” she replied with a big smile on her face. “I am pretty sure that you miss seeing Jongup, don’t you?” she added.

‘Yes, I miss Jongup. I miss him a lot.’ I thought to myself and unconsciously, I let out a deep sigh. Lea ruffled my hair, interrupting my thoughts. “Come, let’s go!” she said.

“I need to tell my grandmother first.” I replied and she nodded.

We then went to a nearby supermarket to buy all the necessary things needed and went straight to Lea’s house right after. We spent a couple of hours cooking and preparing lunchboxes, not only for the B.A.P members but also for their managers and other staff. Lea eonnie was being so generous today like she always has. “Should we write a note for each of the member?” asked Lea with her thinking pose.

‘A note for each member? It’s not a bad idea at all. Besides, I could always slip a love note for Jongup.’ I giggled at my own thoughts. “Ahem!” Lea faked a cough.

“I’m sorry. I got distracted.” I said, trying to hide my excitement.

“I noticed.” she teased and my cheeks started to feel a bit hot.

“I think it’s a very good idea, eonnie. The boys will love it.” I finally managed to answer her question.

We finally finished preparing the lunchboxes after a couple of hours and immdeiately headed to TS building. One of the managers was already there when we reached the building. He bowed politely and offered to help carry the stuff we brought. Apparently, Lea eonnie has already planned everything beforehand with the manager. He guided us into the building and asked us to wait in an empty dance practice room. We decided to hide ourselves behind a sofa after hiding the lunchboxes in an empty cabinet. “Do you think they’ll see us? Do you think they’ll find out? Do you think this surprise would fail?” Lea eonnie started to breathe heavily in panic.

“Everything’s going to be fine.” I tried to calm her down. “I’m sure the boys are going to be happy. And shocked!” I added and both of us laughed silently, trying our best not to ruin the surprise.

Their footsteps could now be heard and it’s becoming louder and louder as they walked closer towards the room. Suddenly, a creak sound from the doorknob could be heard. We jumped a little bit from behind the sofa. We were extremely nervous now. The silent room has now become a lot more noisier with Daehyun warming p his vocals, Himchan nagging on Youngjae over something trivial and whatnot. We decided to wait a bit more and enjoy the sounds of the boys bickering and joking among themselves.

“I’m tired!” cried Youngjae as he flooped his body onto the dance floor before he jumped back up and screamed his lungs out.

“Ghosts!” he shouted as he clung onto Daehyun’s body like a baby, his arms wrapped around Daehyun’s neck tightly.

We figured that Youngjae has already seen us. Well, at least a part of us. Or maybe our shadows. “Ghosts? What ghosts?” asked Himchan, his eyes scanning the entire room only to see nothing but the usual things and of course, themselves.

Youngjae continued to convince the members that he has seen something weird but everyone just laughed at his dorkiness and brushed it off. That was when we decided to surprise them. Lea and I both jumped at the same time and shouted, “SURPRISE!”

Corny? Cliché? I know but that’s exactly what we did. All the boys fell down onto the dance floor in shock. The look on their faces was just so epic, I wish I could capture the moment with a camera so that I could use it to tease them in the future. Too bad, though, we were too excited to even think of taking any pictures. “What are you girls doing here?” asked Yongguk, his voice a bit shaky.

“We’re selling hair products. Well, duh! To surprise you guys, of course!” Lea eonnie replied sarcastically.

Jongup suddenly got up and ran towards me. Without warning, he hugged me tightly and spun me a round a few times. “I’ve missed you!” he said happily.

I could only smile widely upon hearing that. Of course, I’ve missed him too. But I was just so happy that my tongue just couldn’t move its muscles. “Jongup-ah, she’s going to throw up if you continue spinning her around like that.” Himchan said and everyone started to laugh.

He finally put me down and cupped my face only to look deeply into my eyes. My cheeks started to feel hot once again. My heart was also racing that I could hear every heartbeat. He didn’t say anything though. He just smiled and we looked at each other in the eyes as if we were communicating with them. “Okay, lovebirds! You’re making me jealous!” Himchan, once again, interrupted our precious moment.

“Seriously, what are you girls doing here?” asked Yongguk in a serious tone.

“Aren’t you happy to see us? Aren’t you happy to see me?” replied Lea, a bit annoyed.

I could sense that she was a bit jealous that Jongup has welcomed me warmly when Yongguk has done nothing but asked her what we were doing here. I wouldn’t blame her, though. I would also feel disappointed if I were in her shoes. After all, she has put in a lot of efforts in planning and preparing the surprise.

“I’m sorry. I was just shocked. Of course I’m happy to see you.” Yongguk said as he tried to hug Lea, only to be pushed away by her.

Everyone was a bit surprised by her action. It’s quite rare to see Lea that upset. But she had all the rights to be upset. I could see Yongguk scratching his head quite roughly, kind of regretting what he has said earlier. “We’ve prepared lunch for you and all the staff.” explained Lea as she took out all the lunchboxes which we have hid inside the cabinet.

I ran to help her and passed everyone their respective lunchboxes. Daehyun was the most eager one out of the bunch. Of course, it’s food we’re talking about – his soulmate. “Oh! There’s a note!” cried Youngjae happily.

‘We hope that the preparation of the new album will go smoothly. Cannot wait to hear the end-product! We’ve prepared some food and we hope that it will give you strength! Fighting!’ Yougjae read the note loudly and happily.

Everyone got the same note. We wanted to write something different for each member to make it more meaningful, however, we were kind of in a rush. Well, I did manage to slip in an extra note for Jongup as I have planned, though. I just hope that he wouldn’t read it now, at least not in front of everyone. “Oh! There’s a-” I immediately covered his mouth with my hands.

He looked at me, sruprised. “Read it when you’re alone.” I whispered shyly.

Jongup just smiled and nodded his head. “Thank you for the food! We’ll eat them deliciously.” said the boys almost simultaneously before digging in the food like a bunch of hungry kids.

I smiled and giggled as I observed the boys eating the food happily. And then I saw Lea, still looking a bit disappointed. She took one of the bags and went out. I figured that she was going to give it to the managers. “Is she okay?” asked Himchan, looking at Yongguk.

“I think I said something wrong.” replied Yongguk, facepalming himself.

“You think?” Himchan cried, annoyed.

“She planned this all by herself. I didn’t even know about it until this morning. She was really excited, you know.” I explained.

Yongguk sighed and immediately went out to look for Lea, leaving his unfinished food behind. “Pabo Yongguk!” said Himchan and he laughed at Yongguk’s silly mistake.

Jongup suddenly got up and walked towards the computer at the end corner of the room. I looked at his lunchbox and to my surprise, he’s already finished everything. Everything! Not even a single grain of rice left. ‘That was fast!’ I thought to myself and chuckled. A Chris Brown song suddenly played and I looked up to see Jongup starting to do what he does best – dancing. And boy, did he dance so ily! He was, obviously, showing off. Pfft! But to be quite honest, I was actually enjoying it. Well, who wouldn’t?

Jongup then moonwalked his way towards me and extended his hand to me. I looked at him confusedly. “What?” I asked.

“Dance with me.” he said, smiling,

Damn! That smile of his… it’s driving me insane! How could I say no to that? Well, I did say no. I just couldn’t dance, okay? “Come on! Don’t worry, I’ll be a good boy.” he winked and grabbed my hand to help me stand up.

‘Did he just say he’ll be a good boy? What does that even mean? Why is he acting all naughty all of the sudden? In front of everyone, for that matter! Wait, why am I even thinking about naughty things?’ my mind was in a mess, a good kind of mess.

I finally gave in and started to dance with him. I stumbled on my feet every few seconds and that made him giggle. ‘Ugh! Jongup! Why are you being so cute? I can’t handle it!’ my mind started to get weird again. Jongup didn’t notice what the hell I was actually thinking or imagining and just continued to dance, spinning me around every now and then. I could hear the other boys cooing and I couldn’t help but to blush a little. Well, maybe not a little.

Suddenly, the music stopped. And so did we. Everyone looked towards the computer only to see Zelo standing with quite an annoyed face. “What’s wrong, Junhong-ah?” asked Jongup, confused.

“Nothing.” replied Zelo, simply, and sat down on the couch with his arms crossed.

“Ya! Are you jealous?” asked Daehyun in a teasing manner.

That made Zelo even more angrier. He stood up and clenched his fists. “Yes, I am jealous! I am jealous that Jongup hyung is even much closer to Jimin now. I am jealous that I don’t get to hang out with Jonguppie hyung that often anymore. I am jealous that we rarely dance together like we used to!” he said angrily before sitting back down and covered his face with his hands.

The room turned awkwardly quiet. Everyone was quite shocked at Zelo’s sudden outburst. “Are you saying that you’re not jealous of Jongup for stealing Jimin away from you? Are you saying that you’re jealous of Jimin for stealing Jongup away from you?” asked Youngjae and he started to laugh, followed by Daehyun and Jongup.

Zelo just sighed and hid his face in embarrassment. I elbowed Jongup roughly and he stopped laughing. “What?” he asked, confused.

“You’re not supposed be laughing at him!” I frowned.

Jongup finally got my signal and sat next to Zelo. “Junghong-ah! Why didn’t you just tell me that you miss me? I would have done something about it. I’m still your Jongup hyung. I’ve never gone away. We’re still Moon and Zelo! We’ll always be Moon and Zelo!” Jongup explained as he ruffled Zelo’s hair cutely.

“Ya! I didn’t know you were such a cry baby!” I teased Zelo. “Relax, I won’t steal your precious hyung. I know how close you two are and how much you mean to each other. I promise that I will always remind him to spend time with you.” I continued.

Zelo finally lifted his head and his face was red. “I’m sorry. I know it was childish.” he said shyly.

“Ya! Please, don’t be sorry. You didn’t do anything wrong. I’m actually thankful that you said that. I wouldn’t have known how much you loved me if you didn’t!” replied Jongup and everyone started to laugh again.

Zelo hit Jongup’s shoulder really hard and put the music back on. “Dance battle!” he said with a manly voice and Jongup accepted his challenge.

 

[YONGGUK’S POV]

I was actually really tired. I haven’t been able to get enough sleep ever since we started recording. But I know I shouldn’t make that as an excuse. I said something wrong. I made Lea feel upset. I was wrong. I didn’t mean to hurt her feelings, though. I really didn’t. I felt really guilty so I went out to look for her.

I saw our manager hyungs and other staff eating from similar lunchboxes in the cafeteria. “Did Lea noona give this to you?” I asked one of our managers and he nodded. “Where is she now? I need to talk to her.” I asked again.

“Isn’t she with you guys? I though that she went back to the practice room, no?” replied the manager.

I scratced my head hard.‘I just came from the pratice room. I should’ve seen her if she did come back but I didn’t. Where did she go?’ I thought to myself and began to panic. I went back to the practice room but she was not there. “What’s wrong?” asked Himchan.

“Have you seen Lea noona anywhere? Did she come back here?” I asked.

“Nope! Why?” asked Himchan again, this time, with a more concerned voice.

“Nothing.” I replied, simply, and went back outside to look for her.

I tried looking everywhere for her, even in the women’s toilet, but she was just nowhere to be found. I started to become even more panic and walked back and forth, scratching my head like there was no tomorrow.

“Hey, is there anything wrong?” Himchan suddenly said from behind.

I stopped to look at him wih my confused and panicked face. “Lea noona’s gone.” I said weakly.

“Why don’t you try and call her.” suggested Himchan, handing me the phone that we all six share together.

I did just as what Himchan has suggested but Lea just wouldn’t pick up. I texted her many times but there was no reply. I hated this feeling. I hated myself for making her upset. I should’ve treated her better. I should’ve welcomed her with a hug, with a kiss, with everything that I have. “Hey, don’t be so hard on yourself. I’m sure she’ll call you. Just give her some time.”

Suddenly, the phone beeped and it was a text message from Lea. 'Hey, sorry but I had to bail on you guys. Something came up and I don’t think I would be able to see you for a while. Don’t worry. I’m fine. And I’m not mad at you. I’ll be back before your comeback stage. Just wait for me, okay? Love you.’

My whole body got so weak that I fell down on the ground on my knees. Tears started to fall down and without realising it, I was sobbing in Himchan’s arms. “Sshhh. Everything’s going to be fine. She’ll come back. Just do as she says. Wait for her. I’m sure she’ll tell you everything when the right time comes.” Himchan tried to calm me down. “You have to be strong for your own sake, for our sake. The boys need you to be strong, Yongguk-ah. We need you to be strong as our leader.” he continued.

I was really thankful that Himchan was there for me. He’s always been there. I’ve always been close with my twin and share everything with him. But now that I’m busy as an active member of B.A.P, I haven’t been able to spend time with my twin and it frustrated me. However, Himchan has always been there to support me, to have my back whenever I feel down, whenever I feel like the whole world is against me. He’s such a great friend and I am so grateful to have someone like him in my life.

 

To be continued...