Childhood Memories

Dreams, Love & Friendship

 

[NARRATOR]

Lea was the first to arrive at the coffee shop, where the three of them usually hang out. She was actually an hour earlier so she decided to work on her assignments while waiting for Hae Jung and Yongguk. 45 minutes later, Yongguk arrived, but Lea was too engrossed in her work that she didn't realise Yongguk was already there. *Click* Yongguk took a photo of her. Lea turned around and saw Yongguk holding his stomach, laughing. "Ya! Delete that picture!" shouted Lea, a bit annoyed.

"No way! Imma post this on instagram!" teased Yongguk, still laughing.

"Fine! Upload it and expect dating rumours soon after!" Lea gave up and started packing her things.

Yongguk just continued laughing. He was kinda enjoying teasing and annoying her. "Ya!!! Why didn't you tell us that you got into the hospital yesterday?" Hae Jung suddenly appeared from out of nowhere and sat in front of Lea.

Lea's eyes widened. Yongguk's too. "I-I-I ran into..." Lea tried to answer but was interrupted by Hae Jung. "And Lay brought you home?????"

"Lay? EXO's Lay?" asked Yongguk, confused.

"Shhhhh! Keep it low, guys. People might hear us! You don't want silly rumours to spread out, do you? I bumped into him when I ran back from your dorm yesterday morning. Like, I literally bumped into him. I fainted so he brought me to the hospital. He tried to call you, Hae Jung. Like many times, but you didn't answer. So he helped and brought me home. That's it." Lea explained.

"That's it? Are you sure?" Hae Jung gave Lea the look.

Lea put her face down against the table and sighed. She didn't know what to do. She never brought any guys home, including Yongguk... her bestfriend. So she didn't want him to feel hurt or anything. "Nothing happened, okay?!" she had to lie.

"Fine! I trust you." said Hae Jung, rolling her eyes. "Imma go to the bathroom for a bit." she excused herself.

Yongguk just kept quiet after all that chaos, making it even more awkward between them. Lea wouldn't dare to look at Yongguk because she knew that he could, somehow, sense something. Yongguk's just a good mind reader, especially when it comes to the girls. "How did you know Lay?" Yongguk finally said something.

"Umm... remember lastime, when I said that I thought I just saved someone?" Lea asked, trying to avoid eye contact.

"Uhuh.." replied Yongguk coldly.

"It was Lay. That was the first time I met him. The second time was right before I went to cook for you and the boys, while running an errand for our princess, Hae Jungie. And the third time was yesterday, when i got into the hospital. That was it. I don't even know him that well." Lea continued explaining.

"Okay. Seems like fate brought you guys together." he said, with a slight sign of jealousy.

Things became awkward once again and both of them just kept quiet. Lea pretending to be busy with her phone, while Yongguk just stared outside the window. Suddenly, Hae Jung hurried to the table and told them that she had to go. "What? You haven't even ordered anything yet." said Lea, confused.

"I've got some last minute work to do. You guys just go on without me, okay? See ya!" Hae Jung then dashed out of the cafe.

Lea and Yongguk was still a bit taken aback and there was a long minute of awkward silence, again. "I guess I've to go too. I still need to do a lot of research for my thesis." Lea broke the silence.

"I'll walk you home." replied Yongguk, with a serious tone.

Lea didn't want him to but Yongguk insisted. He grabbed her bag and carried it for her. "That's heavy." he said.

"I'm doing a research, remember?" Lea .

They didn't talk much on the way. Lea still felt a bit guilty for not telling him about Lay coming into her apartment. "Achoo!" Lea suddenly sneezed.

Yongguk then, immediately, took off his jacket and put it on Lea. "You really need to start taking care of your health. I don't wanna hear you getting into a hospital ever again!" he said with a concerned voice.

Lea suddenly stopped walking. Youngguk, too, stopped when he realised that Lea wasn't beside him. "Why are you so nice to me? I mean, I get that we're bestfriends and all but... You're always taking extra care of me. What about Hae Jung? Why aren't you treating her the same way? Don't you think she'll get hurt by this?" asked Lea, staring at the ground.

Yongguk turned around, a bit taken aback by what she just said. "You really don't remember, do you?" he asked, making Lea even more confused.

 

[YONGGUK'S POV]

I was really hurt when she asked me that question. I don't know why, but i felt like someone stabbed me by the heart with a knife over and over again. I've been keeping this to myself for five years. Five freaking years! Why couldn't she remember anything? Why? It really frustrated me to be the only one who knew, who remembered those great memories. I wanted to wait until her birthday but I couldn't take this anymore. I just couldn't. I knew right there and then that I had to do something.

So I grabbed her hand and dragged her to a nearby neighbourhood. "Now, do you remember?" I said to her, tears slowly rolling down my cheeks.

She looked around for a few times, was slightly opened. She seemed a bit confused. I couldn't tell if she's remembered anything or not. "Yongguk-ah..." she finally said something.

"I used to live in this neighbourhood. When I was still a kid..." she continued and suddenly, she turned to look at me, making me feel even more nervous.

"I remember everything now. That house, it was Mr. Kim's. He was so annoying, always coming home drunk and shouting. And that house, there used to be a beautiful garden in front of it, with many butterflies flying all around. And that park... That pa-park... we used to play there together, didn't we? I remember everything now..." before she could finish her sentence, I immediately ran towards her and hugged her tightly.

I didn't wanna let go. I've been keeping everything to myself for so long. I've missed her. I've missed her a lot. I was crying like an idiot, but I didn't care. "Uri Yonggukkie" she said softly, hugging me back.

"Now you know why I hated it when Hae Jung called me that." I sobbed.

She giggled. And I was still crying. "Aigo, uri Gukkie, why are you crying so much?" she asked teasingly.

"I've missed you, pabo!" I replied, still hugging her tightly.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I didn't remember a single thing." she apologised and started to cry as well.

I cupped her face and wiped off the tears from her cheeks. "It's okay. At least, you've remembered everything now. That's all that matters." I said to her and smiled.

It was the happiest moment in my life and I didn't want it to end.

 

To be continued...

 

A/N: Awwwww, so Yongguk and Lea were childhood friends! Now, how is Lay gonna fit in the picture? Who's going to win over Lea's heart? Who do you want it be? Yongguk? Or Lay? Share your thoughts below! :D