Sorry

Dreams, Love & Friendship

[NARRATOR]

Lea was on her way to meet Hae Jung for their supposed girl talk. She felt really nervous because she knew that Hae Jung was going to scold her and nag all day long. Lea took a deep breath before entering a cafe. She opened the door and Hae Jung was already inside waiting for her. She did not look really happy. It was so really not her. Hae Jung's usually the cheery and bubbly type of person. But today, she was being quiet. Too quiet, it's not normal. "So, what's up?" asked Lea innocently as she pulled the chair and sat down.

Hae Jung just glared at her. Lea tried to avoid any eye contact and asked again, "Oh c'mon, you sounded like you really had something to say in the group chat. So what's up? What's bothering you?"

"You." Hae Jung replied with just one word, yet it was very impactful.

Lea was getting very nervous then, still avoiding any eye contact with her bestfriend, who's basically shooting laser beams with her eyes right in front of her. "M-me?" stuttered Lea.

"If I may, is there something going on between you and Lay?" asked Hae Jung, now leaning closer to Lea, making her even more nervous.

Lea coughed and paused for a while. 'Is there something going on between us?' she thought. Lea, herself, was confused with what's going on between her and Lay. Even though they've only met for a few times, it was enough to make her heart to beat faster. She actually kinda liked it whenever he's around. But the thing was, she didn't even know what she's feeling exactly. As cliche as this might sound, but all these things - guys, crushes, etc - were kinda new to her. She never really paid attention to boys before. She was too busy being in her own world - studying, music, trying to make her family happy. She never really got the time to really have fun and go on dates and whatnot. To be frank, Yongguk was the one and only guy friend she ever had.

"Are you even listening to me?!" asked Hae Jung as she tapped on the table, causing Lea to jump off her seat a little.

"I-I-I really don't know. I honestly do not know what's going on right now. I mean, I liked it when he's around me. I liked it when he took care of me. I-I-I don't know." explained Lea, trying to hold back her tears.

"Oh, no. You're falling for him." sighed Hae Jung.

Hae Jung was actually kinda worried and felt sorry for her best friend. She has never really seen her like this. Confused and sad at the same time. "Then what about Yongguk?" she asked again, this time with a less serious tone.

"Yongguk?" asked Lea, confused.

"Oh c'mon, he's head over heels in love with you, Lea! Are you just playing dumb or did you really not realise that at all?" Hae Jung was getting a bit frustrated again.

'Yongguk... I love him. I love him too much that I would kill someone or hide a dead body for him if he ever asked me to. It sounds crazy, I know. But he's always been there for me. He always makes me feel safe. He's the only man that I know who wouldn't betray or hurt me. He's just too precious.' Lea thought to herself while reminiscing their memories together since childhood to now.

"You're daydreaming again!" once again, Hae Jung tapped the table.

"I love Yongguk. He's like a brother I never had." replied Lea.

"So that's it? I'm just like a brother to you?" asked Yongguk from behind.

Lea's eyes widened. Slowly, she turned her head back to see if it was really Yongguk. Deep down, she was hoping that it wasn't him but too bad, it was him. Yongguk was standing there all along and he heard everything. "Yongguk, what are you doing here?!" Hae Jung was so shocked to see him standing by the door.

Yongguk just smirked at them and left. "Yongguk, wait!!" Lea started running after him but Yongguk was a bit too fast for her to catch up.

"Yongguk!!! YA!!! BANG YONGGUK!!! STOP!!!!" shouted Lea loudly causing people to stare.

Yongguk stopped but he didn't turn back. His head was facing down, looking at the ground. He was crying. But he didn't want anyone to see it. He didn't want Lea to see his weaker side. "Yongguk-ah. I'm sorry. I didn't mean-" Lea slowly approached him, trying to explain, but Yongguk continued walking, got into their van and left before she could even finish.

"Yongguk-ah... I'm sorry." Lea fell down on his knees and cried her heart out.

 

To be continued...

 

A/N: Oh nooooo! Yongguk is upset!! What's gonna happen between them? Will Yongguk forgive her? Will they still be bestfriends? Stay tuned to find out! And oh, please let me know if you want Hae Jung to have a love interest or not! ^^ And my 4 subscribers, thank you very much!!! I hope you enjoy this story!