Surprise

Dreams, Love & Friendship

[NARRATOR]

Jimin woke up very early the next morning. To be frank, she couldn't even get much sleep last night. The awful memory of her being attacked and beaten in the dark alley kept on coming and haunting her in her dreams, making her feel anxious and paranoid. She turned around to check on Lea, who was sleeping soundly. She sighed as she sat down at the corner of the bed and stared at the large, empty wall blankly. Jimin didn't know what to do. She couldn't go back to sleep. She just didn't want to have those nightmares again.

Jimin finally got up and stretched her body. She turned back again to make sure that Lea was still asleep, which she was. Jimin shook her head and chuckled at the sight of Lea sleeping with open, both her hands tightly hugging a big stuffed SpongeBob. She then went out of the bedroom and wondered around the house to see if there was anything she could do to kill time. And then she saw Lea's messy desk and decided to tidy it up for her. 'She warned me to keep the house clean and yet her desk is all messy like this.' Jimin thought, chuckling once again. She continued doing some cleaning around the house for the next few hours.

Lea finally woke up and found that Jimin was no longer in bed. She went outside with her messy hair, oversized sweater and basketball shorts, and her eyes half-closed. "Good morning, eonnie!" greeted Jimin merrily from the kitchen's counter.

Lea rubbed her eyes and yawned. "Why didn't you wake me up? I could've cooked you breakfast.,” asked Lea, still not fully awake.

"It's okay, eonnie! It's my turn to cook you something delicious! You better go wash up and uh, fix that." replied Jimin pointing at Lea's hair and pushed her towards the bathroom.

However, the doorbell stopped them. Both of them looked at each other in confusion. "Are you expecting anyone?" asked Jimin.

Lea shook her head and immediately walked towards the door, forgetting completely about how she looked like. She opened the door and six boys stormed in excitedly, taking their turn hugging her. "Noona, you look very funny." chuckled Daehyun.

"Funny? Wha- Wait, Wha-?" stuttered Lea, bewildered.

"Oh! Duster girl!" cried Zelo as he spotted a familiar face in the kitchen.

Everyone turned around to look. Jongup just stood still, his mouth slightly opened. "Jimin-ah, what are you doing at noona's house? And your face, what happened to your face?" asked Jongup worriedly and immediately walked closer to her.

"Do you guys know each other?" asked Zelo out of curiosity.

But Jongup and Jimin ignored him. Jongup was so worried about her. He grabbed her shoulder and checked all over her body to see if she's injured anywhere else. And then he cupped her face and examined the bruises. Jimin just kept quiet. She didn't know what to say. She didn't want him to worry too much. "Who did this to you?! Who on earth would hurt my baby like this?!" he asked angrily, surprising everyone in the room.

Lea finally got back to her senses. "Jongup-ah, you need to calm down. Let's talk about this properly in the living room, okay?" suggested Lea as she brought the two to the living room.

Everyone gathered in the living room as well, confused and curious. There was an awkward silence for a long minute. "Do you have anything to tell us, Jongup?" asked Yongguk softly so as to not scare the young man, finally breaking the silence.

Jongup took a deep breath, feeling very nervous to tell his hyungs about him and Jimin. "Yeah. Actually, I do have something to tell you." he said, taking another deep breath. "I think Yongguk and Himchan hyung might have already sensed it. But umm... I have a girlfriend. And that's Jimin. Song Jimin." he continued and wrapped his right arm around Jimin's shoulder causing her to blush slightly.

Everyone was shocked, especially Zelo. He wasn’t being jealous or anything. He just didn’t expect Jongup to be in a relationship. Not to mention, with his own classmate! “So is this the reason why you’ve been jogging late at night lately? Were you even jogging?” instead of nagging as he usually did, Himchan started teasing Jongup.

“Yaaaaa! Uri Jonguppie is a grown man now, huh?!” said Youngjae excitedly as he hit Jongup’s back playfully and proud.

Everyone laughed and started congratulating Jongup and Jimin, making them both turned so red, except for Yongguk. He just stood by Lea’s desk with a serious, blank face. “But what happened to you, Jimin-shi?” asked Yongguk.

Jongup turned back to Jimin as he got back to his senses and asked the same question. Jimin, however, just kept quite. Her body slightly shaking. Lea suddenly stood up and cleared . “She was uh… She was attacked.,” said Lea.

“Attacked? What do you mean, attacked?” asked Jongup with an angry voice.

“I went out to get some fresh air right after I had a video chat with Yongguk last time when suddenly I heard a girl screaming for help.” Lea continued explaining each and every detail of the incident.

Tears started to build up in Jimin’s eyes and eventually, she cried. She couldn’t take it anymore. She’s been wanting to cry and let everything off of her chest. Jongup hugged her tightly, trying to calm her down. “Noona, do you now who did this to her?” Jongup turned to Lea’s direction, still holding Jimin in his arms.

Lea shook her head and apologised. “But I think Jimin does.” She added.

Jongup turned to look at Jimin again and lifted her chin. “Baby, is it true? Do you know those people?” asked Jongup softly.

Jimin gulped and wiped her tears. She wasn’t sure if she should tell him or not. “Please, baby. I need to know so I can protect you.” Insisted Jongup.

“I-It’s them.” She simply replied while looking down at her feet.

‘Them?’ wondered Jongup and suddenly he remembered something. “THEM?!” he asked angrily as he showed a picture of some girls on her phone and Jimin nodded.

“THESE GIRLS REALLY ARE SOMETHING!! I AM SO GONNA KICK THEIR !! DON’T TELL ME I DIDN’T WARN THEM!!” Jongup suddenly burst and outraged, surprising everyone.

Yongguk and Himchan immediately grabbed and held him tightly to stop him from doing anything stupid. “Ya! Jongup-ah! You need to take it easy! Do you think they will leave her alone if you acted like this? Things are just gonna get worse!” exclaimed Himchan.

Jongup finally managed to relax and sat back down, hugging Jimin once again. “What should I do, hyung?” Jongup asked Yongguk, slightly shaking.

Yongguk kept quiet for a moment to think. Lea looked at her boyfriend and couldn’t help but to feel sorry and worried for him. She patted his back as a sign that she’s there for him and the boys. “I think we should talk to them. You know them, right Jimin-shi?” Yongguk finally said something.

Jimin nodded, somewhat confused. “If they really were our fans, then they should know how to respect our personal lives and spaces. What they did was definitely crossing the line and so, we should teach them something.,” he continued as everyone looked at him, still with a confused look on their faces. “What I mean is that we don’t need to use violence or anything but we, at least, need to give them a solid warning so that they wouldn’t do the same thing again, not only to Jimin but also to others.” added Yongguk.

Lea smiled a bit when he said that. She could sense that Yongguk was not only worried for Jimin’s but also for her safety. “Like a contract? A legal contract?” asked Himchan.

“Well, I didn’t think that far but yeah. That would do.,” replied Yongguk.

Everyone nodded in unison. They continued discussing the matter for almost an hour and finally decided to present the girls with a legal contract. “I’ll ask our manager to contact the girls and have them meet us at our company sometime this week. Don’t worry, Jimin-shi. I’m sure they’ll leave you alone now.” said Yongguk and gave her a hug.

“Ahh, I’m hungry!” said Daehyun out of the blue and everyone laughed.

“Ya!! Is that all that you can think of? Your stomach??” teased Yongjae.

“Oh yeah, I just remembered. I was going to cook something for Lea eonnie just now. I don’t mind cooking for everyone.” Jimin stood up and smiled.

Daehyun jumped happily like a small kid upon hearing that and dragged Jimin to the kitchen. The other members followed them and helped Jimin in the kitchen. Lea smiled seeing how happy Jongup and Jimin were now after being sad and angry just a few minutes before. Yongguk noticed her smiling and couldn’t help to smile himself. He pushed Lea slightly with his hips causing Lea to stumble. She pouted her lips as she glared at him. “Did you just wake up?” Yongguk giggled.

“Yeah, how did you know?” asked Lea, scratching her head in confusion.

“You are so cute!” he replied as he pushed her towards a mirror.

‘OH. MY. GOD. I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT MY HAIR!’ thought Lea and screamed her lungs out as she ran into the bathroom. Yongguk laughed seeing his girlfriend running and all shy like that. He waited for her outside the bathroom and when she finally came out, he grabbed her hand and pushed her onto the wall, his body so close to hers. He carefully looked around to see if the boys were watching or not before he planted his lips onto hers and kissing her gently. Lea was a bit taken aback but not for long. She immediately tilted her head to kiss him more passionately. Yongguk smiled, breaking away from the kiss. “I missed you so much.” he said softly and kissed her again.

“Uhh, I hate to break this off but brunch is ready.” coughed Himchan with his hand closing his eyes and went straight back to the kitchen.

Lea leaned her head onto Yongguk’s chest in embarrassment. Yongguk giggled and kissed the top of her head. “Come on. The boys are waiting.,” he said as he grabbed Lea’s hand and pulled her towards the kitchen.

“By the way, I didn’t know you guys were coming back this soon!” said Lea, squeezing Yongguk’s hand.”

Yongguk smiled and simply said, “I missed you too much, I couldn’t wait any longer.”

 

To be continued...

 

A/N: A long chapter for JongMin and YongLea shippers! :D