Clueless Hae Jung

Dreams, Love & Friendship

[HAE JUNG'S POV]

Lay has been very nice to me ever since that incident at the supermarket. I've always known that he's a nice person, but he's being extra nice to me lately. It felt kind of weird but I couldn't deny that I was touched by his kind, little gestures. 'Ah, so this is how it feels like to have a brother.' I thought at the back of my mind everytime Lay's being protective over me.

"NOONA!" Chanyeol suddenly screamed near my ears causing me to jump off my seat.

"Omo, did I scare you? Sorry." he said, laughing.

My heart was racing and I let out a long sigh. Thank God I didn't have a heart attack or something. Chanyeol then sat down next to me, flipping through some sketches that I've drawn. "Wah, noona! I didn't know you're so talented! This... This is awesome!" said Chanyeol as he stood up, holding a piece of paper in his hand.

"Ya! Chanyeol-ah, give it back to me!" I cried and jumped, trying to reach and get the paper back.

Chanyeol raised his hand higher and ran around with my skecth still in his hand. I began running after him, not caring about what or who I stepped on along the way. I've been drawing sketches of my own designs but I never really showed them to anyone so it was kind of embarrassing.  Suddenly, Chanyeol fell down and flopped onto the ground. "Ouch!" he cried and turned around only to see Lay standing over him with a glare.

Lay snatched the paper away from Chanyeol's hand. "Don't you ever do that to noona again, understood?" he warned Chanyeol.

"Geez, I was just playing around." Chanyeol whined as he tried to stand back up, rubbing some dust off of his knees.

I just stood by the mirror, still a bit shocked. I didn't expect Lay to react that way. Chanyeol was just being his usual self and I really didn't mind it at all. "Here." said Lay softly as he handed the paper back to me.

"Lay-ah, why did you do that to Chanyeol? He was just joking." I asked.

Lay paused and kept quiet. His eyes were looking at something else. "Um... I told you I'd protect you." he murmured.

"Ya! You don't have to protect me from Chanyeol. That boy is harmless!" I chuckled while pushing Lays shoulder jokingly.

Lay just gave me a weak smile and left. Weird. "What's wrong with him?" I asked the other members, chuckling 'cos I found it quite funny that Lay, all of a sudden, decided to act as my knight or something.

 

[GROUP CHAT]

Lea: Hey guys! Let's meet up. It's been a while.

Hae Jung: Yeah, we should! I miss you guys so much. T_T

Hae Jung: Wait, Yongguk's back?!

Yongguk: Yes, I am! :D

Hae Jung: HOW COME I DIDN'T KNOW?!!!

Yongguk: Haha I wanted to make it a surprise.

Hae Jung: Surprise? And yet Lea knew about it? How is that a surprise?

Lea: Haha. I didn't know either until he and the boys suddenly appeared at my apartment.

Yongguk: :D

Hae Jung: Pffft!!! I'm always the last one to know. :(

Yongguk: Sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. You know I love you too. :)

Hae Jung: Haha! Oh my God, Yongguk you didn't have to say that, it's so cheesy!

Lea: Tsk, tsk. You two. *shakes head*

Lea: Anyways, usual place? Tonight? What time will you guys be free?

Yongguk: How about 10?

Hae Jung: That should be fine! See you then! :D

Lea: Aight!

Hae Jung: But wait, what about Jimin?

Lea: Oh, she's gone back to her house so I'm all free now. :)

Hae Jung: Ok!

Yongguk: See you, my two favourite ladies!

Hae Jung: Cheesy, Yongguk. C. H. E. E. S. Y.

 

[NARRATOR]

Lea was the first one to arrive at the coffee shop they usually go to. She sat down at a table by the window so it was easy to see if Yongguk and/or Hae Jung was coming. She just sat there, doing nothing but just staring at the street blankly when a man called out her name. "Lea? Is that really you?" he asked happily and sat down in front of her.

Lea was surprised yet happy to see her old friend. "Oh my God! It's been a while man. How have you been?" replied Lea as they did a fist bump.

The two of them continued catching up for a good 15 minutes or so before the man left with his friends. Lea didn't even realise that Yongguk was already there. "Oh, Yongguk ah, you're here!" she greeted him happily.

Yongguk sat down in front of her and turned back to look at the man. "Who was that?" he asked with a serious tone.

Lea leaned her face closer to his and stared at his eyes. "Are you... jealous?" she asked with a smile.

"Jealous? What?! No!" he replied, rolling his eyes.

Of course, Yongguk was jealous. Lea and that man seemed to be really close and happy talking to each other a moment ago. Lea chuckled seeing Yongguk's serious face. "That was an old friend. I haven't seen him in years." she explained, still amused by Yongguk's jealousy.

Yongguk glared at her. "Are you taht happy to see him?" he asked.

"Aigo! Stop it already! You're being too cute right now I don't think I can't handle it!" said Lea and ruffled his hair. "He's just a friend who I jammed with back in the States. I did tell you that I was in a band, didn't I? Don't worry, we're just friends. My heart belongs only to you." she continued.

A smile began to appear on Yongguk's face upon hearing Lea saying that her heart was his. "That's my boy!" said Lea happily and pinched Yongguk's cheeks. "Oh Hae Jung's here!" Lea let go of Yongguk's cheeks as she looked out the window.

Yongguk turned around to see. "Isn't that Lay?" he asked.

Yes, indeed it was. Lay wallked Hae Jung to the door and hugged her before he left. He spotted Lea when he turned around and just bowed his head slightly to her. He seemed so serious. Not the usual Lay that Lea has met. Lea bowed back and gave him a weak smile. She still felt a bit guilty for rejecting him. Yongguk saw Lea's facial expression and his face turned a bit darker.

"Hey guys! Sorry I'm late!" Hae Jung immediately sat down next to Lea and sighed.

"You seemed tired." said Yongguk with a concerned voice.

"Well, you know how famous EXO is nowadays. I have to follow them right and left. No offense to B.A.P. You guys are famous too. I'm sure your stylist noonas are dying of exhaustion like me too. HAHA" Hae Jung laughed, closing with her hand.

"What happened to your car, by the way? Why did EXO send you here?" asked Lea, curious.

"Oh, yeah. About that... Something bad happened the other day and Lay insisted on being my bodyguard ever since. It's weird, he's being extra nice to me." explained Hae Jung.

Both Yongguk and Lea just stared at her, giving her the look. Hae Jung looked at Yongguk and then to Lea and then back to Yongguk again. "What?!" cried Hae Jung.

Yongguk just laughed. "Nothing." he said. "I didn't know you would be this clueless." he added causing Hae Jung to hit his head roughly and Lea just laughed at the two fighting like they usually did.

And so the three bestfriends spent hours catching up that night. Even though they've been really busy and were very tired, they always managed to find some time to just hang out together and have fun. They helped each other forget all the problems that they had and just enjoy each other's company. You could say that they're each other's backbones.

 

To be continued...

 

A/N: There will be a surprise appearance soon. Not sure if it's gonna be in the next chapter or the one after that. Just stay tuned to find out! :D Oh and, welcome to my new subbers! And thank you so much for your comments and support! I'll try my best to write a better chapter/story. I'm still new at this so I hope you still enjoy my story. Hehe