New Beginning

Dreams, Love & Friendship

[JIMIN'S POV]

My parents passed away in a car accident when I was 5. To be honest, I couldn't really remember much about them. I wish I could, though. I've been living with my grandmother ever since and she's done nothing but work, work and more work in order to earn enough money to support the two of us. I wanted to help out a bit but she wouldn't let me. She's always told me to focus only on my studies and encouraged me to chase my own dreams. I was very lucky to have a grandmother like her. As matter of fact, I still am.

It's finally weekend. The weather's nice. It's definietly a great day to spend outside so I decided to take my grandmother out for a walk. She refused, at first. But she just couldn't say no to my aegyo. That's my ultimate weapon. Ha! Since it's spring, I took my grandmother to Yeouido Park to see some cherry blossoms. I held her hand as we walked along the park, reminiscing about my childhood memories. "Aigo, you sshould've watch the cherry blossoms with your boyfriend, not your old grandmother." she chuckled.

"What are you saying? I'm happy that I get to see it with you! You're the most important person in my life." I replied an pinched her cheek.

Grandmother suddenly stopped walking and held both my hands tightly. "Jimin-ah, I'm sorry that you had to go through all the bad things at such a young age." she sighed with teary eyes.

"That's okay, grandma. It's not your fault. You don't have to apologise." I replied with a smile. "I promise that I'll work hard and earn more money once I finish school in the future. You can quit all your jobs and rest." I added as I wiped the tears off her cheeks.

We continued walking for the next 20 minutes before heading back home. Grandma was getting older and with all the side-jobs she had, she's always feeling tired and weak. We nearly reached home when suddenly, we heard someone screamed for help. I looked at my grandmother with wide eyes and someone screamed again. "Someone needs help! Go and check it out!" instructed grandma.

I hesiated on leaving her at first. "It's okay. I'll wait here. I'll be fine." she reassured me, looking at my worried face.

I made sure that grandma was sitting down at a corner safely and immediately rushed towards the source of the scream. I saw a little boy lying on the ground, unconcious. "What happened?" I asked the girl sitting next to the boy.

"It's my brother. H-He fainted. My mother's not home. I-I-I don't know what to do." she cried and turned to look at me.

To my surprise, it was that girl from my class. The one who bullied me. The one who had beaten me up in the dark alley. She was surprised to see my face and immediately turned around to avoid my eyes. "I'll call for help. Don't worry, okay? Your brother is going to be fine." I said, patting her back.

The ambulance arrived after a few minutes and the boy were immediately taken to the hospital. I sent my grandmother home and decided to go to the hospital to check on the girl and her brother. There, I saw her sitting down alone, crying. I sat down next to her and tried to comfort her. "Where's your mom? Have you informed her about your brother?" I asked.

She nodded and kept quiet. "It's okay. I'm sure your brother's going to be fine. Please stop crying. This is so not you." I said, hoping to cheer her up.

"Why? Why did you help me? I've done nothing but hurt you. I bullied you!" she asked, with a slight guilt in her voice.

"I just wanted to help your brother. Your brother never bullied me. So why would I get my revenge on him?" I replied as I took her hand and patted it. "Besides, I know how it feels to lose someone you love. I don't wanna see anyone to have to go through the same thing I did." I added.

She slowly turned to me, still crying. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything. I promise that I would never bully or hurt you again. I promise I'll be a good friend from now on." she plead.

"That's okay. I've forgiven you long time ago. I'm not really the type of person who holds grudges." I replied and hugged her.

Suddenly, I remembered about the legal contract Yongguk oppa suggested the other day and immediately called Jongup to cancel the plan. "Are you sure? I don't want you to get hurt again." he hesitated at first but I assured him that we've resolved the problem ourselves and that things will be different now.

After a while, I finally succeeded in convincing him. "Hehe. Thank you. You know I love you." I said before hanging up the phone.

"Was that Jongup?" asked the girl and I nodded. "You two make a very cute couple." she added and I gave a her a confused look. "No, seroiusly. You both are so cute." she giggled and I giggled too, trying to hide my embarrassment.

As promised, she's been such a good friend to me ever since that day. Or should I say, a good bodygurad. I promised to get her a backstage pass to B.A.P's next concert... without Jongup's permission. But I was pretty sure he didn't mind it.

 

[GROUP CHAT]

Lea: OH MY GOD

Hae Jung: What?!

Yongguk: Yea, what?!

Lea: Remember the guy at the coffee shop? My friend from the States? The one I jammed with back in the days?

Yongguk: Uhuh.. So?

Hae Jung: Guy? What guy? I didn't see any guy!

Lea: Haha! It's an old friend of mine, the one I told you about. My ex bandmate.

Hae Jung: Ahhhhh yeah!

Yongguk: SO? WHAT ABOUT HIM?

Hae Jung: Someone's jealous~~

Lea: Relax, Yongguk! I told you he's just a friend. Haish!

Yongguk: I know, I know. Seriously though, what's up?

Lea: Well, he asked me to sing for their band next weekend. Their vocalist's out of town so they needed a sub.

Hae Jung: OMG! Awesome! I've always wanted to see you sing!!!

Lea: But the thing is, I've abandoned singing or music a loooong time ago! I'm not sure I can do it.

Yongguk: Of course, you can. I know you can. :)

Hae Jung: Bleugh! Yongguk's being cheesy again~~~

Lea: Should I?

Hae Jung: YES!!

Yongguk: Follow your heart, dear. Just know that I'll always be here to support you.

Hae Jung: Me too!

Lea: Okay. I'm nervous!

Hae Jung: Fighting!

Yongguk: Just don't flirt around~

Lea: Ha! I won't! I promise! :D

Yongguk: Good girl. :)

Hae Jung: Oh my, get a room guys!

 

To be continued...

 

A/N: As I said before, there'll be a special appearance in the next episode! So make sure to stay tuned! ;)