Surprise, Surprise

Dreams, Love & Friendship

[NARRATOR]

It's very early in the morning - 7 a.m. to be quite exact - and Yongguk has asked Lea and Hae Jung to see him at the usual cafe. The girls thought that it was kind of strange. Yongguk has never been a morning person, unless he had a schedule to attend to or something. Well, none of them was actually a morning person. Hae Jung went to pick Lea up first and then they drove to the cafe together. To their surprise, Yongguk was already in front of the cafe waiting for them. He smiled widely as soon as he saw the girls and immediately walked towards Hae Jung's car to welcome them.

"Ya! Are you sick or something? Why do you want to see us this early?" Hae Jung was curious and so was Lea.

Yongguk, still smiling widely, grabbed the girls' wrists and pulled them closer to him. "Ya! What are you doing?" asked Hae Jung, a bit annoyed.

"I just want to hug my two favourite girls in the world one last time." he said happily and hugged Lea and Hae Jung even more tighter.

"What do you mean one last time? Where are you going?" asked Lea, frowning.

"Nowhere. It's just that we're going to be busy preparing for the new album starting tomorrow. We might not be able to see each other that often, so I decided to see you girls today." he explained, still hugging the girls tightly.

Lea hit his chest hard causing him to jolt a little. "Pabo! You sounded like you were dying or something. You scared me!" whined Lea, burrying her face onto Yongguk's chest.

Yongguk couldn't let go of both Lea and Hae Jung. He loved the girls too much and the thought of not seeing them for quite some time irked him. He didn't care that people were staring. He didn't care that rumours might arise from this. He just didn't care of what everyone else thought. All he cared right then and there was Lea and Hae Jung, his two best frineds that he has known for years, his two bestfriends who have supported and got his back even before he became a well-known idol.

"Hands off my girl!" shouted a man from behind.

Yongguk got startled and immediately let go of the girls. All three of them turned around in curiousity only to find Lay glaring at Yongguk. Yongguk, then, started to glare as well. There was quite an intense glaring battle between the two idols for a few seconds. "Yixing! You're here!" said Hae Jung happily as she hopped towards Lay and hugged him.

Yongguk's glare softened and he turned to look at Lea with a big question mark on his face. "They're officially a couple." Lea whispered to Yongguk's ear with a smile.

"WHAT?! WHEN? WHERE? HOW? WHY?" Yongguk shouted out loud unconsciously, causing the other three to laugh. "What? Why are you guys laughing?" asked Yongguk again.

Hae Jung came closer and ruffled Yongguk's hair. "I'll tell you some other time, alright uri makdoongie?" she said jokingly. "I have to go now. Exo is busy too, you know." she continued and giggled.

"Ya! Y-" Lea covered Yongguk's mouth with her hand before he could even finish his sentence.

"Just go. I'll deal with him later. Good luck with the fanmeeting, Yixing. And please, take care of our Hae Jung" said Lea.

"Thanks. And don't worry noona. I'll protect her with my own life." replied Lay with a big smile plastered on his face.

Hae Jung and Lay then bid their goodbyes happily as they walked to the van hand-in-hand, not even caring whether or not people were watching them. "Yixing? You call him Yixing too?" Yongguk finally managed to shove Lea's hand off of his mouth.

"Relax! He's with Hae Jung now. So you don't need to worry or get jealous anymore. Man, sometimes I think that you got jealous for no particular reasons. You were even jealous of my cousin, GD." Lea chuckled and pinched his cheeks.

 

[LAY'S POV]

We've been working together since day one and I have never expected that the day I would fall in love with Hae Jung noona would ever come. But I was quite happy that things ended up as they were. No, I was very happy. Well, I still am and will continue to be happy for as long as she's in my life, my heart. I've planned a surprise for her today and I was sure that she would be really happy once she finds out about it. I couldn't stop smiling during the whole car ride to our fanmeeting this morning. Hae Jung noticed something weird and kept on asking me questions. It was kind of hard to make excuses but somehow I managed to come up with something. How gullible could she be? Damn, she's so adorable. How could I not realise this earlier? Silly me.

I wanted to tell her as soon as possible. I ain't that good at lying, you know. So it was really difficult for me. I decided to wait until the fanmeeting's over and done with and tell her at the waiting room with the rest of the members. Yes, they knew about it. In fact, they helped plan and arrange everything. The event has finally ended after a couple of hours and I just couldn't wait anymore. I rushed to the waiting room only to find her sleeping on the couch. She must be really tired. I almost forgot that she's just as busy as we were. Or even more busier than us, for that matter, as she had to prepare our stage outfits beforehand and send them to the dry-cleaner right after - not mentioning there were not one but a few sets of outfits for each member.

I shook her shoulder lightly for a few times until she's finally woken up. "Hey, sleepyhead." I said softly.

A beautiful smile begin to appear on her pretty, little face. "How did it go? Were there any fans who tried to hurt my Yixing?" she asked jokingly.

I shook my head and gave her a peck on her cheek. "Ooooooh! Skinship!" teased Tao and Sehun.

I was about to scold them but Hae Jung got to it first. She jumped off the couch and flicked their foreheads quite roughly. "That's for teasing my boyfriend!" she said before she started to laugh at Tao's and Sehun's dumfounded faces.

Everyone else started to laugh as well, including myself. "Hyung, have you told her yet?" asked Chanyeol.

"Tell me what?" asked noona, glaring at me.

The room became silent and everyone just stood still, waiting for me to say something. I cleared my throat. "Remember the sketches that Chanyeol stole from you the other time?" I asked.

Noona seemed to still be a bit confused. She tilted her head cutely to think. "Oh yeah! That day, when you tripped Chanyeol's feet! You were jealous of him!" she replied.

"What? Me? Jealous of Chanyeol? No way!" I lied - I was indeed kind of jealous of him. "Anyways, that's not the point here. The point is that we have sent your sketches to someone we know, someone who has quite an influence in the fashion industry. He liked it and he invited you to the S/S Seoul Fashion Week next two weeks." I continued.

Noona seemed to be a bit lost. Or even surprised, maybe. She just kept quiet, was slightly opened. "Well, he didn't just invite you as a guest. He invited you as a fashion designer. In another words, your collection will be showcased during the fashion week." Kris continued to explain.

Noona's mouth were opened even more this time and her eyes widened. "What did you just say? You're all joking right? This was just a prank right?" she asked in disbelief.

"No, noona. We're not lying. You really are invited to the fashion week! As a designer!" Chanyeol tried to convince her.

"Oh. My. God." she said weakly as she sat down on the couch.

I guess she was still a bit shocked and was still trying to process everything we have just said. She leaned back on the couch and closed her eyes. "This is just a dream. This is just a dream." she repeated.

I looked at the other members. I didn't know what else to do to convinve her. And then I saw Tao pouting his lips and pointed at Hae Jung noona. I didn't get it at first. "Kiss her!" whispered Sehun.

I finally understood what Tao has signalled and did just that. I kissed her. In front of all the members and even our managers. Noona finally opened her eyes, wide and large. She was surprised. "No, this wasn't a dream. You guys were not joking. Tell me you're not!" she suddenly started to talk again, not even caring that I just kissed her on the lips in front of everyone.

"Noona! We're not! Here's a proof." replied Sehun as he handed her the official invitation.

Noona finally managed to take in every information and started to jump up and down. She ran around the waiting room like a hppay little girl and hugged each and every one of us. "Omg! Thank you, thank you, thank youuuuuuu!" she cried happily.

I pulled her closer to me and hugged her tightly. "Enough hugging other people today. You're only allowed to hug me from now on." I said out of jealousy.

"Pfft! We saw her first!" said Tao with an annoyed face.

Well, he was right. He, indeed, saw Hae Jung noona first. But I was the one who fell in love with her and vice versa. Se's mine and I'm hers. I stuck out my tongue towards Tao and he walked away to complain to the hyungs. "Thank you. This means a lot to me." she said as she tip-toed to kiss my forehead.

I couldn't help but to smile happily. It felt amazing. It felt unreal. I was really happy to know that she's happy. I've always known that her dream's to become a successful fashion designer but she's stuck here, with us. So I decided to do something in return. We all did. "But wait! When did you say the event was?" she asked.

"In two weeks!" replied Luhan hyung.

"Two weeks?! I haven't even prepared anything yet! Two weeks?????' she started to panic.

"Don't worry, noona. We'll help you!" said Chen and everyone else agreed, including the manager hyungs.

"Thanks guys. I really appreaciate it." she replied with her beautiful smile yet again.

I think.... I just died.

 

To be contniued...

 

A/N: Sorry for not updating in a while! I've been having a writer's block and I finally managed to sort everything out. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. There are only 2-3 chapters left. So stay tuned! :D I've also already planned on doing another fanfic and this time it's gonna be on an idol-idol relationship so do look out for that as well!