Me and my Baby

Me and my Baby

 

Yuri's POV
 
I waited in the car for the bell to ring for final dismissal. I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel as I hummed a song to myself. 
 
The bell suddenly rang. 
 
I put my jacket on and got out of the car. I stood by the front door and waited for Taeyeon to get out of her classroom. 
 
"Appa!" She ran into my open arms. 
 
"Hey, Tae! How was school today?" I asked as I carried her to the car. 
 
"It was fun! I learned how to spell my full name. First and last. And Sunny said that when we're older and taller, she would marry me."
 
"Really?" I asked. 
 
"Yes! She said that once I grow tall and cool, I would be her wifey. We even pinky promised, so it's going to happen." Taeyeon jumped out of my arms and buckled herself in her car seat. "Are we going to Umma's house now?"
 
I nodded. 
 
"Am I gonna be seeing you again tomorrow? When are you gonna start living with us again?"
 
"You can see for as many times as you want. I promise I won't leave like last time."
 
"But what about Umma? When will you two be married again?"
 
"Tae, your Umma and I have a complicated relationship right now. Even though we're not married, we are both still your parents."
 
"What about Tiffany Appa?"
 
I gripped the steering wheel in anger at the sound of her name, "Well... That's a hard call. It's too early to be able to tell what they are yet."
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"Hey! We're here." I said, quickly changing the subject. 
 
"Yay! Umma!" She grabbed her backpack and ran to the apartment door. 
 
I was about to open the door when I realized that I threw away my keys to the apartment a couple of days ago. I rang the doorbell. 
 
No answer. 
 
 I sighed and called Sica. 
 
"Hello?"
 
"Jessie! I don't have the keys to your apartment. I rang the doorbell, but you're not answering."
 
"Oh crap! I'm at Tiffany's house right now. Do you think you can drop Taeyeon off here?"
 
I clenched my teeth, "Yes. That is not a problem."
 
"Thank you so much, Yuri. I'll see you when you drop her off. Bye."
 
"Bye." I hung up and walked with Taeyeon back to my car.  
 
"Where are we going?"
 
"To Tiffany'a house."
 
"Yayayay! Appa Tiffany! I get to see her again!" Taeyeon cheered in my arms as I forced a smile. 
 
I followed the directions Sica gave me. When we got there, I looked around and saw a small light brown house, just like in Sica's directions. 
 
"Which one is Appa Tiffany's house?" Taeyeon asked quickly grabbing her backpack and running to a random house. 
 
"Kwon-Jung Taeyeon! That is the wrong house!" I ran after her, but the owner of the house opened the door. 
 
"Hi! Is Appa Tiffany around?" Taeyeon asked with a big grin on her face. 
 
"Tiffany? Tiffany Hwang?" The woman asked. She was wearing skinny jeans, a jacket, scarf and a beanie. Her baby-like face made her look innocent and adorable. Her round rosy cheeks looked pinchable. Would she be mad if I pinched them?
 
"I'm sorry." I laughed, "My daughter thought that this was Tiffany's house. I'm sorry." I bowed. 
 
"Oh, don't worry! Tiffany lives next door. Your daughter was close." The woman laughed. 
 
"How do you know Appa Tiffany?" Taeyeon asked. 
 
"We've been neighbors for a couple of years now. She sometimes bakes me cookies and what-not and always bakes me my favorite mango cake for my birthday every year."
 
"I'm sorry, but I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Kwon Yuri and this is Kwon-Jung Taeyeon." I smiled and pointed to Taeyeon. 
 
"Hello. My name is Seo Joohyun. But please call me Seohyun." She smiled and held her hand out. 
 
"Nice to meet you, Seohyun." I shook her hand. I let my hand linger in her touch, but quickly pulled away. "As much as I'd like to chat, I have to take little Taeyeon over to Tiffany's house. I'll see you around." I grabbed Taeyeon's hand and began to walk to Tiffany's house. 
 
"Actually, I'm heading there right now. Would you mind waiting for a second? I just need to put shoes on."
 
"Sure." I nodded. 
 
Seohyun came out and smiled, "Ready to go?"
 
I smiled and nodded, "Let's go then."
 
We both made small talk as we made the short walk to Tiffany's house. She knocked on the door and we both waited. 
 
"Yuri, when I asked you to bring Taeyeon here, I didn't realize you were with your girlfriend." Sica said. 
 
"Oh no! We're not together. Taeyeon thought Hyunnie's house was Tiffany's!" I said quickly. 
 
"Hyunnie?" Taeyeon, Sica and Hyunnie-- I mean, Seohyun all said. 
 
"I meant, Seohyun!" I said quickly. 
 
"Hi, Seo. Glad you make it. I hope you don't mind, but I invited a couple of people for dinner too." Tiffany appeared behind Sica. 
 
"Not at all."
 
"Well, I better get going then. I wouldn't want to disturb your dinner." I said, slowly backing away. 
 
"Don't be silly!" Hyun--- Seohyun grabbed my arm and pulled me close to her. "You can be my plus one. Tiffany won't mind, right Tiff?"
 
"Of course not." Tiffany smiled.