Me and my Baby

Me and my Baby

 

"All you ladies pop yo like this." She did a pelvic . 
 
"Shake yo body don't stahp. Don't miss." She violently shook her body. 
 
"Just do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Now." She jumped on her bed. 
 
"My neck. My back. my and my crack." She pointed to her neck, her back, then to the cat that crossed the street outside, and then back to her . 
 
"Jung Taeyeon!" 
 
"Yes Umma?"
 
"What did I tell you about singing to that song?"
 
"It only works when we're in the car because the car has a better bass than the computer."
 
"You little ert."
 
"I learn from the best."
 
"I never taught you how to dance it like that."
 
"No, but I saw you dancing like that the other night with Auntie Krystal."
 
"Yah. Weren't you suppose to be sleeping?"
 
"You guys are bad when you're drunk."
 
"Alright!" I quickly covered , "Let's go take you to the park."
 
"Yaaaaay!" She jumped off my bed and ran to her room still screaming. 
 
"I'm gonna have my hands full with her when she grows up." I rolled my eyes and changed into clothes appropriate for the park. I wore shorts, a blackv-neck, and and a black I <3 New York sweatshirt. 
 
"Umma!" She shouted. 
 
"Taeyeon!" I mimicked her voice. 
 
She giggle and then pouted, "Why aren't you wearing your Thing 2 sweatshirt? I'm wearing mine. See?" She held up her red sweatshirt with the words 'Thing 1' printed in white. 
 
"Alright. Go to Umma's closet and go get it for me because I have to make our food for the park." 
 
My child nodded her head and made a run for my bedroom. There was a loud thud. 
 
"Tae? What did you do?" I called. 
 
"I just tripped over the carpet. I'm fine though!" She shouted. 
 
"What am I gonna do with you..." I muttered and started making two grilled cheese sandwiches. I sliced apples, kiwis, grapes, mangos and pineapples and mixed them into a bowl. Then I got six Capri Suns and put them all in a bag. 
 
"I found it!" Taeyeon beamed and threw the sweatshirt at me. 
 
"Yah. Only throw things at me when I'm paying attention." I flicked her forehead. 
 
"I love you, Umma." She kissed my forehead. "You will forever be my favorite girl in the world."
 
I smiled, "Want a piggy back ride?" I turned so my back was facing her. She jumped on my back and wrapped her arms and legs around my neck and waist. 
 
"To the car!" She shouted. "Go Umma. Go!" 
 
Taeyeon. The only person I will actually run for. I ran to the car and placed her in the back. I made sure that she was safely secured and put my seatbelt on. I gave her my cellphone so we could listen to the songs of her choice. 
 
She gave me a sly grin. 
 
"I WANNA SEE YOUR PEACOCK!" She shouted as I drive to the park.  
 
I sighed. This was going to be a long car ride. 
 
"Swings!!!" She shouted and made a run for the swings, but I grabbed her by the shirt. 
 
"Yah. What are you forgetting?"
 
"I have band aids in my pocket. I will go under our tree when I get hungry. My shoes are tied. I have a hair tie so my neck doesn't get sweaty. And I love you, Umma!" She gave me a quick hug and ran off to the swings. 
 
I smiled as I watched her take off. I took the bag from the trunk and made my way to our shady tree. Resting my back to the trunk, I closed my eyes for a bit and relaxed my body. 
 
I woke up and felt something on my cheek. I groggily looked up and saw Tiffany smiling down at me. 
 
"Morning."
 
"Ahh!" I shouted and jumped up. "Wh-what are you doing here?!"
 
"Isn't it normal to take walks in the park?" She asked casually. 
 
"But why was I sleeping on your shoulder?" I blushed. 
 
"I saw you slowly leaning to the side and I didn't want you to hit your head. So I sat next to you." She gave a beautiful eye-smile. She patted her thighs, "C'mon. You can use my legs as pillows. I bet you're tired from working and taking care of Taeyeon everyday."
 
I eyed her. 
 
"Don't be shy. Just don't drool on me." She laughed. "C'mon. I don't normally let people sleep on my legs. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity." 
 
I reluctantly agreed and rested my head on her legs. I closed my eyes and relaxed my body once again when I felt a warm blanket over me. I peeked and saw the jacket Tiffany was wearing on me. A hand my head and raked her fingertips through the strands of my hair. 
 
"Umma!!"
 
My eyes immediately opened to the sound of my daughter's battle cry. 
 
"I'm hungry!"
 
I sat up and fixed my hair. "Calm yourself. Here." I reached in the bag and handed her a grilled cheese sandwich and a Capri Sun. 
 
"What are you doing here, Auntie Tippany?"
 
"I was just taking a walk." Tiffany answered. 
 
"Want some of Umma's sandwich?" Taeyeon asked. 
 
I gave her a look of disbelief, "You're not gonna share with Auntie Tiffany, but you want me to share with her?"
 
"I'm a growing woman. I need food. You've already passed your growth, so it's okay if you two share."
 
"You little smart ."
 
"You raised me right." She grinned and bit her sandwich. 
 
I flicked her forehead, "Use handsanitizer." I put a small drop in Taeyeon's hands and some in Tiffany's.  
 
"Thank you." She gave me an eye-smile. 
 
"Here you go." I split my sandwich in half and handed the other half to Tiffany. 
 
"Oh! You didn't really have to. I thought Taeyeon was kidding." She said quickly and shook her head. 
 
"I never joke." Taeyeon said in a serious voice. 
 
"Ignore her." I rolled my eyes and forced my sandwich in Tiffany's mouth. 
 
"Shank chu." She said with a smile and a mouthful of cheese and bread. 
 
There was a comfortable silence between the three of us as we ate our food. Taeyeon would occasionally look at me or Tiffany and smile. I would look at Tiffany and catch her looking at me, causing me to somehow turn red and quickly look away. Whenever Taeyeon and Tiffany made eye contact, the two would laugh and continue eating as if nothing happened between them.
 
 Tiffany slowly leaned on my shoulder and eventually rested her head there. An unfamiliar feeling of happiness spread throughout my body. I looked down and saw her smiling causing me to smile as well. 
 
"Yuri-Appa?"
 
"Yuri?"
 
"Long time no see, Sicababy."