Me and my Baby

Me and my Baby

 

Jessica's POV
 
I sat there with Michelle and Evelyn while Tiffany went to the kitchen to get our food out. It was a little awkward. 
 
"So...." Michelle started slowly. 
 
"So?" Evelyn asked. 
 
"How was your day, Jessica?" Michelle asked. 
 
"It was fine. A bit tiring, but I'll manage." I smiled. 
 
"Evie gives the best massages!" Michelle said, "Go massage her, evil one."
 
"Dinner!" Tiffany smiled. She placed a big plate of fried chicken. A big bowl of mashed potatoes and gravy. There was a small bowl of corn. 
 
"I'm starving!" Evelyn smiled and started digging in.
 
"How's my cooking?"
 
"Delicious. As usual." Evelyn said with a mouth full of food. 
 
"Don't talk with your mouth full, you filthy teenager." Michelle flicked her forehead. 
 
"Why am I always the torment of your jokes? All I do is be myself and you two depict me for it. Why is that?" Evelyn said. 
 
"Because you're from a different planet." Tiffany laughed. 
 
"Be nice." I nudged Tiffany's shoulder. "It's not everyday your little sister flies from California to see you here in Korea."
 
"How does that apply to me? She lives with me." Michelle asked. 
 
"She's 10 years younger than you."
 
"That's an entire decade. How does that make you feel?" Evelyn asked. 
 
"It makes me feel legal." Michelle smirked. 
 
"God dammit." Evelyn slouched back to her seat and pouted. "I wish I was legal..."
 
I looked at her and laughed, "Why do you want to hurry up and grow up anyway? You should take your time being a kid. Enjoy it while you can."
 
"You don't understand my childhood." Evelyn looked at me coldly.  
 
"That's enough, Evie. Let's not talk about this right now." Michelle patted her on the shoulder, which seemed to relaxed her a bit. 
 
The rest of dinner was rather relaxed one after that. Evelyn calmed herself. Michelle and Tiffany both stopped teasing her. I just kind of just say there and ate quietly. 
 
I looked down at the table and saw Tiffany's hand resting on her thigh. I gulped. Should I? I probably shouldn't. I shook my head and sighed. We're not even dating yet. She just told her sisters that we were just friends. Maybe she only thinks of me as a friend because of that kiss with Yuri. I shook my head. 
 
"Are you okay?" Tiffany touched my leg. 
 
I blushed and nodded, "Yeah."
 
"It's getting hot in the club..." Evelyn softly sang. 
 
"Okay! We'll go upstairs and unpack now." Michelle suddenly got up and dragged Evelyn upstairs. 
 
"No! Wait!" Evelyn shouted. "I NEED FOOD!"
 
"Shut up and unpack!" Michelle shouted as the door slammed shut. 
 
"Your sisters..."
 
"They're seriously something else huh?" Tiffany laughed. 
 
I laughed and nodded, "Better than the relationship I have with Krystal."
 
"Oh stop. Krystal loves you."
 
"How do you know?" 
 
"Because I see her every other day since Amber drags her to work every other day." She laughed. 
 
I forced a laugh. I sat there playing with the food on my plate with my fork. 
 
"Something wrong?"
 
"Nothing."
 
"Something's wrong. Tell me."
 
"It's fine."
 
"It's clearly bugging you. Tell me."
 
"It's nothing. Forget about it." 
 
"Alright. I won't force you to tell me if you don't wanna tell me." She smiled and gave me a side hug. 
 
I smiled, "Thanks. I needed that."
 
"Anytime." 
 
"Dammit Evelyn Hwang!" Michelle shouted. 
 
"I didn't mean to!"
 
"What did you two do?!" Tiffany and I went running to the guest room. Clothes were scattered all over the floor and Evelyn was sitting the corner with her arms around her knees. 
 
"Her...." Evelyn said with her eyes filled with fear. 
 
"What did you do, Mitch?" Tiffany looked at her oldest sister. 
 
"Nothing. She just caught a glimpse of what I packed in my luggage."
 
Tiffany slowly walked over and opened Michelle's luggage. "Holy ! NO! Bad Michelle!"
 
"What?! I'm away from my husband for two entire months. I am going to get . Don't judge me!" 
 
I walked to her luggage curious to see what the two younger Hwangs were screaming about. 
 
"Don't go in there!" Tiffany spun me around and covered my eyes with her hand. The other hand was resting on my back which technically is a hug. "You'll regret it." She whispered in my ear causing me to shiver from her husky voice. 
 
"If she wants to see. She can see. I have no shame in it. It's perfectly normal for a woman my age to do when she is away from her husband for more than two days." Michelle crossed her arms. 
 
"Two days...? But I'm sleeping in the same room with you for two months!" Evelyn shouted. Her face buried in her knees and her hands covering her eyes. 
 
"What's in the suitcase, Tiff?" I whispered. 
 
"Tiff?"
 
"Fffffany." I extended her name. 
 
She laughed. I felt the vibrations of on my cheek, "You can call me Tiff or Fffffany. I don't mind." 
 
"What's in the suitcase though?"
 
"Do you want to end up like Evelyn?" She turned her body along with mine, so we were still hugging, and faced Evelyn. She was rocking back and forth still covering her ears with her hands. Her silent prayers were barely audible and every now and then she would stop rocking back and forth and looked at the suitcase. Fear would come back to her face and she would repeat everything all over again. 
 
"Poor Evie. I wonder what she saw in there." I said. 
 
"C'mon. I'll walk you to the door." Tiffany led me back to the front door. 
 
She got my coat from the coat rack and waited for me to slip inside it. She grabbed my scarf and placed it around my neck. She then opened the door for me and we both stepped out in the cold winter weather. I looked at her worriedly since she was only in her shirt and jeans. I saw that she was slightly shivering, but she still had a bright smile on her face. I frowned. 
 
"What's wrong? Did you not have a good dinner with my sisters?"
 
"I'm still curious of what's in the suitcase."
 
She laughed and patted my head, "I think it's best that you don't know. But what I really want to know is what was bothering you during dinner."
 
"It's nothing." I repeated. 
 
"Tell me and I'll tell you what was in Michelle's suitcase."
 
"But you have to kiss me first." I covered my mouth realizing the words I had just blurted out. 
 
"Do you want me to?" She asked, taking a step closer towards me. "I can get rid of Yuri's germs on your beautiful lips." She caressed me cheek, her hands were cold, but her smile was warm and a little sad. "Yuri kissed you..."
 
"I was going to talk to you about that. That's what was bothering me at dinner tonight." I confessed. "That kiss didn't mean anything."
 
"You two looked like you were getting pretty into it." Tiffany said sadly as her other cold hand touched my other cheek. 
 
I looked up at her. I could see her breaths in the winter air. "That kiss didn't mean anything."
 
She sniffled. I wasn't sure if it was because of sadness or if it was because of the cold. But I didn't care. I wrapped my arms around her neck and hugged her tightly. Her cold arms s under my jacket as if they were trying to find warmth. 
 
"It really didn't mean anything." I repeated, but this time, it was a whisper in her ear. "I don't even love Yuri the way I used to. We are just ex-wives now. Nothing more. Do you believe me?"
 
I felt her nod and her arms tightened around me. I smiled and tightened my hug as well. 
 
"She had toys."
 
"What?" I pulled away from our hug and gave her a questioning stare. 
 
"Michelle had toys in ever suitcase." Tiffany said. 
 
I slowly nodded, "Okay... What a great was to ruin the moment."
 
She laughed and pulled me back into our hug. She took a deep breath and smiled, "I'll kiss you when I take you out on our first date."
 
"I can wait."
 
"Drive carefully." She smiled. 
 
"I will."
 
"Call me when you get home so I know you got home alright."
 
"I will."
 
"Bye." She kissed my forehead. 
 
"Bye." I waved as I got in my car. 
 
I saw her walk back into her house. I jumped up and down my seat squealing like a crazy SNSD fan girl after the new "My Oh My" and "Do The Catwalk" songs came out. 
 
"Oh my God..." I fanned myself. "Is it hot in here?" I asked myself out loud trying to cool myself down. 
 
It may be cold outside, but my heart is feeling like the summer.