Me and my Baby

Me and my Baby

 

Michelle's POV
 
"Let's not panic. We can't panic."
 
"WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?!"
 
"YOU'RE PANICKING!"
 
"I KNOW I AM!"
 
"STOP DOING IT! NOW I'M DOING IT TOO!"
 
Evelyn closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Alright... Zen... I am calm..."
 
"What are we gonna do?"
 
"We? Since when did this happen? You did it. You fix it."
 
"We're sisters and sisters stick together." I wrapped an arm around her shoulders. 
 
"This is no okay. I don't like this we thing, Mitch. I don't like it. I have to live with Steph. You're moving back home in less than a month. I'm staying here until I finish college and move out. You aren't stuck with her for 5 years like I am."
 
"I know. I know. But you still have to help me. You're good at these kinds of things."
 
"What the hell are you talking about? I can't fix anything even if my life depended on it!"
 
"Have faith in yourself!"
 
"I know someone... But Steph nor her will be very happy to be in this living room."
 
"Who is it?"
 
"It's..."
 
 
 
"You're serious?"
 
"Why the hell am I here?" Yuri asked. 
 
"Look... I know you're not exactly Stephanie's biggest fan right now, but we need your help." Evelyn said. 
 
"Why should I help you two idiots out?" She crossed her arms. 
 
"First of all, hurtful. And second of all, we can help you out in exchange for your services." Evelyn reasoned. 
 
"Which would be....?"
 
"Seohyun."
 
"Seohyun?" She raised an eyebrow. 
 
"Yes. She's lived right next to Steph for a couple of years now and she trusts me. I can tell you things."
 
"What kind of things?" Yuri asked leaning in.
 
"What kind of things do you want me to tell you?" Evelyn said, leaning in so her face and Yuri's face were only inches apart. 
 
"You got yourself a deal, kid." Yuri held her hand out. 
 
"Deal." Evelyn shook her hand an heaved a sigh of relief. 
 
"What do you need help fixing?"
 
"You're an architect, correct?" Evelyn asked. 
 
"Correct."
 
"Can you fix this?" She opened the door and revealed a pile of legos scattered all over the room. 
 
"What the hell..."
 
"No questions asked. Can you fix this?"
 
"What exactly do you want me to fix?"
 
"So... Stephanie has a hobby. She built a replica of the Eiffel Tower using legos and it was about 7ft tall, but Michelle was being stupid. She accidentally spilt some hot chocolate at the bottom--"
 
"You mean the grass?"
 
"Yes. The grass. Whatever. But she couldn't get some of the hot chocolate that seeped through the thing that was supporting the structure. So she tried lifting it and well... you see the after mass of what happened."
 
"Why were you even in here in the first place?"
 
"I don't know! I just wanted to admire Stephanie's work." I defended myself. 
 
"Your sister has some weird hobbies." Yuri muttered. "Do you have a picture of this Eiffel Tower?"
 
"Oh! Yes. Steph took a picture with and hung it up in the living room. She tells people that she went to a museum and got a picture of it." I handed Yuri a framed picture with Stephanie posing beside the lego-built structure. Yuri laughed. "Don't laugh at my sister."
 
"I'm sorry. I just can't believe Sica fell for someone like her."
 
"Excu--"
 
"Don't say anything." Evelyn covered my mouth before I could say anything. "Keep them all to yourself and when she is safely away from the Eiffel Tower, you can spill your guts out. Okay?" I nodded. 
 
A couple of hours passed and Yuri was actually doing a pretty good job. She had the foundation and the middle part of the tower built. She would look at the picture every now and then to make sure that she was doing it correctly. But everytime she looked at the picture she would laugh, shake her head or roll her eyes and keep on building. Evelyn had gone downstairs to get us some snacks and drinks while I sat there keeping an eye on Yuri. 
 
"So Yuri...."
 
"What?"
 
"Dang. No need to snap at me. I was just going to ask how you were doing." I said. 
 
"I'm fine."
 
"How was your day so far?"
 
"Crappy."
 
"Wanna talk about it?"
 
"Not really."
 
"Why not? I bet it'll make you feel a lot better."
 
"Trust me. You and your sisters are the last people I wanna talk to about the situation I'm in right now."
 
"Ohh... I know where this is going. Okay. I'll just keep my mouth shut then." I zipped my lips and threw away the lock. 
 
"Why are you so interested anyway?"
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"What's with all the questions?"
 
"What's wrong with asking questions? I was just curious to see how your day was and how you were doing. Is that so bad?"
 
"Kinda."
 
"You're not much of a talker are you?"
 
"Nope."
 
"I brought snacks!" Evelyn sang and placed the tray on the closest table. "I wasn't sure what you liked, Yuri Unnie, so I just took whatever looked good. I hope you don't mind homemade lemon cookies, sugar cookies, blueberry muffins, banana nut muffins, pink lemonade, water and Sprite or was it 7up... I don't think it matters."
 
"Thanks." Yuri got up and are a sugar cookie. "Are these seriously all homemade?"
 
I nodded, "Stephanie makes them whenever she has time. She doesn't believe in junk foods."
 
"Then why does she have soda?"
 
"Because I'm visiting."
 
"Isn't Evelyn visiting too?"
 
I shook my head, "She's staying here for a while."
 
"How come?"
 
"Problems at home." Evelyn answered. 
 
"I feel it. My parents got divorced and my mom decides to run away with her new husband without even saying anything." Evelyn laughed. "What's so funny, kid?"
 
"I just find it ironic how you're a lesbian and your mon ran away with her new husband."
 
"How is that funny?"
 
"Nevermind. I'll just shut up now." Evelyn locked her lips and sat down on the floor. 
 
"So umm...." I said trying to start another conversation. 
 
"Did you want me to try to find out if Seohyun Unnie likes you? Or ask her something else? Like her what her favorite color is or her favorite food?" Evelyn asked bluntly. Yuri stopped putting the lego blocks together and stared right through Evelyn's soul, which somehow didn't seem to phase my little sister at all. "Well?" She asked again. 
 
"Just ask her if she likes me..." Yuri muttered under her breath. 
 
"When would you like to have this information by?" Evelyn asked. 
 
"As soon as possible."
 
Evelyn fished out her phone and left the room for a good 30 minutes and came back with a grin on her face. 
 
"Well?"
 
"I'll tell you when you're done with this structure." Evelyn said motioning to the almost finished structure. 
 
"You drive a hard bargain, kid." Yuri glared and kept building. 
 
"I will be a business major soon." Evelyn smiled and sat down on the floor. 
 
Once Yuri was done building the structure, she took a step back and admired her work. She smiled and clapped her hands once. 
 
"Well?" 
 
"Well what?" Evelyn asked. 
 
"Does she like me?"
 
"Who?"
 
Yuri closed her eyes and took a deep breath to calm herself, "Seohyun. Does Seohyun like me?"
 
"I don't know." Evelyn shrugged. 
 
"What do you mean you don't know? I thought you already talked to her."
 
"I did talk to her."
 
"What'd she say?"
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"God dammit, kid!"
 
The doorbell rang. 
 
"I'll get it." Evelyn jumped out of her seat and ran to the door. 
 
"Why did you call me over here in such short notice?"
 
"Someone wanted to tell you something."
 
"Who?" 
 
"Her."
 
"Oh."