Me and my Baby

Me and my Baby

"What does that mean?" Evelyn grumbled.

"Hmm?" Seohyun mindlessly kicked a rock on the ground.

"Are you listening to me?" Evelyn stopped in her tracks and glared at her girlfriend.

"What? You don't think I'm listening to you?"

"It seems like it."

Seohyun laughed. "Well, I-- I'm at a loss."

"About our conversation or the conversation earlier?"

"The earlier conversation."

"How come?"

Seohyun carried the grocery bags in one hand and wrapped her free arm around Evelyn's shoulders. "I'm obviously not a parent and you clearly aren't either. So neither of us would know the feeling of sacrificing everything just to give your kid a better life."

"What would you do?" Evelyn looked at her girlfriend. "What if we were in that situation?"

Seohyun bit her bottom lip. "Are you Sica Unnie or Ppany Unnie?"

"Does it matter?"

"Well, if I was Sica Unnie, I would probably do what she's doing now but I would tell you about the situation as soon as I got that call. I would definitely not break up with you." Seohyun paused and stayed silent for a little bit. "But I might ask you to come with me."

"Really? But they've only been together for about a year. How can you be so sure?"

"Ppany Unnie doesn't have much ties here in Korea. I mean, there's Sooyoung and Yoona Unnie but they can always visit and keep in touch."

"What about the restaurant?"

"Sooyoung Unnie knows how to run the entire place. Yoona Unnie is the best chef so the chances of her quitting are very slim. Amber and Soomin are hard workers. I'm sure between the four of them they'll be able to keep the restaurant open."

"What if you were in Steph's position?"

"I would've tried to be understanding because like I said, none of us know what it's like to be a parent. Sica Unnie was probably already trying to sort everything out by herself. She needed Ppany Unnie the most during a time like this but with the way Unnie reacted her worst fears probably came true." Seohyun saw the worried look on her gorlfriend's face. "But I don't really know their situation so I wouldn't know what to say." She quickly added.

Evelyn smiled and kissed her girlfriend on the cheek. "I think you think too much sometimes."

The latter laughed, "You cause me to overthink more than I normally do."

"What are you trying to say?"

Seohyun pulled her girlfriend closer and planted a kiss on her forehead. She let the kiss linger as she inhaled her girlfriend's lavender shampoo scent. "I would fight for us no matter how many times you tell me to go away. That's what I'm trying to say. I love you too much to let you go without a fight."

The younger one smiled. "Really?"

"I would tackle you on the floor and make sure you miss your flight." Seohyun laughed. "I'd do it again and again and again until you finally give up or you don't have any money in your bank account. That way you're gonna be too broke to go anywhere and have no choice but to let me take care of you for the rest of our lives."

"The rest of our lives, huh?"

"Forever and a day, my love."

"You're so cheesy." Evelyn cringed.

"But you wuv me anyway." Seohyun rubbed her nose on her girlfriend's cheek earning a few giggles from the latter. "I love you." She kissed her cheek.

"I guess I love you, too." Evelyn let out a heavy sigh and tried to kiss Seohyun on the cheek.

"Something wrong?"

Evelyn blushes, "I'm too short. You gotta bend down a little so I can reach."

Seohyun laughed and lowered her height. "Better?"

Evelyn gave her a quick peck. "Much better."


-----

Tiffany sighed for the millionth time at their meeting. It had been so long since she held a conversation with someone outside her small circle of friends. After all, she had made Jessica and Taeyeon her life for the past year. The strange feeling of being around her friends was comforting. Especially since she hadn't seen Nickhun and Taecyeon in a while. Their only form of contact was through text and maybe meeting up for a cup of coffee just to catch up and talk business. This was the very first time in a year that Sooyoung, Yoona, Taecyeon, Nuckhun and Tiffany were all under one roof.

Although Evelyn had somehow managed to get her sister out of bed, she was still in sweats. It was progress.

"So how's our little broken hearted Ppany?" Taecyeon asked.

"Shut up," Tiffany rolled her eyes in his direction. "How have you been, Khun?" She purposefully faced her back to Taecyeon and gave Nichkun all her attention.

"Yah." Taecyeon glared.

"I've been good myself." Nichkun nodded. "I recently broke up with my girlfriend and I couldn't be happier with my decision."

"What happened between you guys?" Sooyoung asked. "You said things were great the last time we went out for drinks."

"Dude. That was 3 months ago." He replied. "When are you two finally gonna get together?"

"Wh-wh--shut up!" Sooyoung turned bright red and covered her face with her hands.

"Taec, Ppany and I are still placing our bets and we can only wait so long."

"How long?" Sooyoung looked at Tiffany.

"I'm not saying anything." Tiffany cleared and took a sip of her coffee.

Taecyeon shrugged, "I placed two and a half years."

"I said never gonna happen." Nichkun stated.

"Ya-yah!" Yoona glared with her face red. "You don't know anything!"

"So you two have done some stuff?" Taecyeon smiled as he leaned closer to the two women.

"Knock it off, you two!" Sooyoung flicked both their forehead.

"Aish...." Nichkun rubbed the sore spot and glared at his friend. "I don't know what the big deal is. We were just teasing you guys. Sheesh."

Sooyoung stood up, "I gotta go to the bathroom."

"Hey, we were just messing around, Soo," Taecyeon said. "You know that right?"

A confused look appeared on the latter's face. "I know? I'm really just going to the bathroom to pee."

Nichkun laughed, "I thought you were mad at us for a second there."

"No," She laughed. Sooyoung swiftly walked to the bathoom.

"How have you been, Yoong?" Nichkun asked.

She shrugged, "I've just been busy with the restaurant and things like that. I'm thinking about going to culinary school just so I can perfect my techniques and just be a better chef in general. It'll be good for me. Ya know?"

"That's awesome! How come you didn't tell me you were thinking about doing that?" Tiffany asked.

Yoona shrugged. "You've been going through some stuff. I didn't wanna bother you."

Tiffany frowned, "Have I really been so caught up in my own recently?"

The group nodded.

"I mean, you just went through a really bad break up. No one can really blame you for that." Taecyeon said. He leaned back on his chair and laughed. "Been there, done that." He swatted his hand from side to side.

"We all know what you're going through." Nichkun nodded. "Some of us wanna be left alone, some of us wanna go on shopping sprees and some of us wanna drink our problems away."

Yoona glared her him. "I had more than enough money! I just went a little overboard with the trampoline...."

"What are we talking about?" Sooyoung came back from the bathroom and sat back down.

"Yoong's trampoline fiasco." Tiffany laughed.

"Yah." Yoona kicked Tiffany under the seat. "I didn't realize that it was unstable when it broke."

"Or was the just that wild?" Taecyeon raised his eyebrows.

"We still don't know who that mystery person is." Tiffany tapped her pointer finger on her chin.

"Yeah, Yoong," Sooyoung narrowed her eyes. "Was the really that good?"

Yoona blushed and played with the hems of her shirt. "It was the best I've ever had," She said quietly.

"I knew it was the !" Nichkun slammed his hands on the table causing Taecyeon's coffee to spill on himself.

"Aish! You son of a ."

"Oops. I'm sorry, Hyung."

"The mall isn't too far from here. Did you want me to buy you a pair of new jeans?" He offered.

"You better buy me a new pair of jeans." Taecyeon lifted his hand as if he was going to hit Nichkun but put it down and just sent him a death glare.

"You're still paying right?" Yoona asked.

"Of course! Even though this is technically a business meeting, we are also celebrating." Nichkun lifted up his cup of coffee.

"Celebrating?" Tiffany asked.

He nodded. "Even though you're still in sweats, you are officially out of the house!"

"Cheers!" The gang clanked their coffee mugs togethers and rejoiced.

"To the mall!" Taecyeon rejoiced.

"The mall!" The others copied.

"Oh wait!" Tiffany said.

"What?" The group asked.

"Can I go home first?"

"Why?" They asked.

"So I can change out if these sweats."

"To Ppany's house first THEN the mall!"