Me and my Baby

Me and my Baby

 

Lol. Blast from the past. You guys get to see what our childhood was like xD hahaha. 
-Unnie
 
 
 
Jessica's POV
 
I was tired. My bones were aching. My eyes were drooping. My back was hurting. And I'm hungry. 
 
I opened the door to my apartment only to see the cutest sight I had ever seen in my entire life. Taeyeon and Sunny wrapped in Tiffany's jackets snuggling in her arms. My heartstrings were pulled into a million and one directions at the cutest thing I had ever seen in my entire life. 
 
"Tiff... Wake up..." I said quietly as I shook her leg. 
 
"Huh...? Oh. Jessie. Hi." She said groggily. She yawned and stopped stretching midway when she realized that there was two children on top of her. "Oh. Sunshine and Baby Girl. I almost forgot." Her husky chuckled sent shivers down my spine. 
 
"Baby Girl? Sunshine?" I asked. 
 
"Oh yeah. That's my little nickname for these two." Her crescent eyed smile show up. 
 
There was a soft knock on the door. 
 
"I'll go get it." I got up and opened the door. "Oh Hyoyeon. Hi."
 
"Is Sunny sleeping?" She asked. 
 
I smiled and nodded, "I guess Tiffany kind of worn her out at the park today."
 
She laughed, "If you ever know a babysitter, please give me a call. I really need one for Sunny since Donghae and I have been working so much lately."
 
"I know someone." Tiffany's voice rang. 
 
"Oh. Come in, Hyoyeon." I motioned her into my apartment 
 
"Hi. I'm Tiffany Hwang. I'd shake your hand, but these two are occupying them." Tiffany smiled. 
 
"Kim Hyoyeon. Nice to meet you."
 
"So I understand you're looking fir a babysitter?" 
 
Hyoyeon nodded, "My husband and I have been very bust lately and having trouble keeping up with Sunny."
 
"My little sister is great with children. She's 17, she has a 4.5 GPA and could use the extra money for her college fund." Tiffany said. 
 
"Hmm... Do you think that there's a chance that my husband and I can meet her?" Hyoyeon asked. 
 
"But I thought Evelyn was only saying here in Korea for two months." I said, a little confused. 
 
Tiffany patted my leg, "I'll tell you later. But yes, when will it be convenient for the two of you to meet her?"
 
"How about tomorrow around 4:30 PM?" Hyoyeon asked. 
 
"Sounds good." Tiffany slipped away from Taeyeon and handed Sunny back to Hyoyeon. 
 
"I hope she wasn't a bother." Hyoyeon cradled her daughter in her arms and smiled. 
 
"Of course not. But they did keep calling me old and Appa."
 
Hyoyeon smiled sadly, "Donghae doesn't seem to like Sunny very much. It's one of the reasons why we're getting a divorce."
 
"Divorce?!" I said surprised. 
 
"Shh!" Tffany quickly covered my mouth. "Taeyeon and Sunny are sleeping."
 
"Why are you two getting a divorce?" I asked. 
 
"Because he prefers someone else's family more than his own."
 
"I'm sorry, Hyoyeon." I patted her shoulder. 
 
"It's fine. I'm relived actually. I never liked him all that much anyway. It was my mother's idea for the twi of us to get married. Well, I'll see you tomorrow, Tiffany. But it might just be me going, not Donghae." She waved and drove away in her car. 
 
"So why isn't Evelyn going back to the U.S with Michelle?" I asked. 
 
"Because she likes it here better. That girl needs a new start and she needs to get away from the people back home."
 
"What happened?"
 
"She gets bullied for being a lesbian and for being different. Apparently being yourself is going against the school she goes to. Of course, my parents tried putting her into a private school, but that girl is pretty rebellious."
 
I laughed, "How so?"
 
"She always found loops holes in the system. She would leave the u uniform untucked and ed and wore a bright color underneath. She's just..." Tiffany's voice trailed off. "She needs me more than anything right now. Michelle is barely home because she's always working. And our parents are never home because they don't seem to care about Evelyn anymore because she's old enough to take care of herself. But she really isn't. If anything, she's lonely back home. So I asked my parents if she can just stayed here and finish her senior year here in Korea and go to college here. I have a job and I don't pay for the house anymore, so I'll be able to afford her college tuition, but with her grades, I doubt I'll be paying too much."
 
"Is that why she got so defensive over dinner the other night?"
 
Tiffany shook her head, "Evelyn had a very rough childhood. The three of us all did actually, but I think she got the worst end of the bargain."
 
"What happened?" I scooted closer to Tiffany, wanting to hear more about her past and her sisters. 
 
"My sisters and I aren't very...normal, if you haven't noticed already. I guess that's kind of why we work so hard to be successful. But anyway, my parents always wanted to have athletes in the family. So when we were younger, Michelle and I were never athletic when we were younger."
 
"What about Evelyn?"
 
"You're forgetting that Michelle and I have a two year . Evelyn and I have an eight year ."
 
"Oh yeah..." I laughed. 
 
"Anyway. So Michelle excelled in academics and I excelled in cooking. Obviously since I'm a chef and Michelle got enough grant money and mini-scholarships to get accepted into Yale, Dartmouth, Stanford and Harvard. I'm smart too, but not as smart as Michelle. But the down fall was the both of us at sports. So eight years later, my parents decided to try again and had Evelyn. Obviously Evelyn excelled in academics as well because she always thought that she was always living behind our shadows. But Evelyn is an amazing musician. She can play piano, violin, viola, cello, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, soprano saxophone, guitar, ukele, and she was even part of the school choir and the art club. But she was always being compared to us. Why couldn't she cook better than me? Why did she get an A instead of an A+. Or why did she get an A- on that project? And while all that was happening, my parents wanted her to try sports like they wanted. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, she would come home looking like someone had beaten the hell out of her because my parents had signed her up for Tae Keon Do. After a month without having any progress, they gave up on martial arts and tried getting her into cross country, basketball, volleyball, even track. Obviously Evelyn isn't an athlete."
 
"Poor Evelyn..."
 
"That's not even the worst part. Because my little sister came out as a lesbian, my dad practically disowned her, but my mom was very accepting about it. Which lead to frequent fights between my parents. And somehow, people at her high school found out she was a lesbian and started teasing her for it."
 
"Oh wow... She really did get the worst end of the stick."
 
She heaved a large sigh, "Yeah she did. Which is why she can get a little defensive when it comes to childhood. Of course she never really had a good childhood because she was always bullied and criticized. But then again, her childhood could've been worse."
 
I nodded. "What yours and Michelle's?"
 
"Michelle was kind of forced to grow up because when Evelyn was 4 my mom started working again, so when Michelle was 14 and I was 12, we had to start taking care of Evelyn. Michelle would always have to wake up early before school in order to make lunch for the both of us and a little snack for Evelyn to have in pre-school. And every night the Michelle and I would make dinner for the three of us. So, Michelle got the second worst end of the stick. I feel like I wasn't really robbed of my childhood because Michelle mostly took care of Evelyn when she was growing up, so I still had a chance to play with my friends and stuff. But I guess now that Michelle's working more than I am, it's my turn to take care of Evelyn. After all, Michelle's been doing it for 17 years." She laughed. "It's about time for me to do my part."
 
"It really does sound like Evelyn is better off living with you for the time being. Plus she's almost a legal adult, so she should be able to decide for herself. And it's not like you two are going to just leave her."
 
"Of course not. She's our baby sister. We would never think of doing that. It's always been the three of us together and it's going to stay that way forever."