Christmas Special

Me and my Baby

 

Christmas Special! :D 
 
 
 
Once upon a time there once was a girl named, Yuri
who wasn't loved by many.
Although this was true,
she hoped to find a clue,
a clue to a happier life without Jessica and her girlfriend too. 
 
"God. Why do I always have to mess things up?!" Yuri kicked and screamed and threw a hissy fit. "Stupid. Stupid. Stupid." She continuously hit her head and slumped on the nearby bench. 
 
She decided to head home since the cold was starting to get to her. Pealing her jacket off, she changed into her pajamas. She made her way to the kitchen to cook her food. Feeling the warmth of the food slither down her stomach, she sighed a happy sigh and continued to eat. 
 
"HO HO HO YOU STUPID HOE." Someone roared on the other side of the door. "MERRY CHRISTMAS KWON YURI." 
 
"What the hell?" Yuri opened the door from where the sound came from and her eyes widened. "What did you do to my living room?!" She shrieked. 
 
"Relax, Kwon. It'll be nice and tidy again when I show you something."
 
"What the hell, Evelyn?! Haven't you done enough?"
 
"Oh hohoho. I am no Evelyn. I am the ghost of Christmas Past." Evelyn said in a mystic voice. 
 
"Dude. C'mon. You're dressed in a pink tu-tu."
 
"But can Evelyn do this--" Evelyn snapped her fingers and they were suddenly in a different place. 
 
"Where are we?" Yuri whispered. 
 
"Why are you whispering?"
 
"Huh?"
 
Evelyn rolled her eyes, "You idiot. They can't see or hear you. Why are you whispering?"
 
"How the hell was I suppose to know?!"
 
"We are in the Hwang household." Evelyn ignored Yuri and motioned her to look at the Christmas themed table. 
 
A 3 year old Evelyn, an 11 year old Stephanie and a 13 year old Michelle were all sitting at a rectangular shaped dining table. Sandwiches were sitting in front of them and a glass of hot chocolate was right next to them. 
 
"Unnie?" 
 
"Yea, baby girl?" Michelle smiled. 
 
"Why aren't Mommy and Daddy home? It's Christmas." Evelyn complained. 
 
"Don't worry. They'll be back three days after New Year's."
 
"But why did they leave?" She asked again. 
 
"Because they have to go for a work thing." Stephanie explained. 
 
"What work thing?"
 
"You'll understand when you're older." Stephanie patted the little girl on the head. 
 
"Now eat your sandwich and we can open the presents Grandma, Grandpa, Mommy and Daddy sent us." Michelle said, trying to brighten the mood. 
 
"Why are you showing me this?" Yuri asked. 
 
"Why don't we play a game first?" Evelyn asked, jumping up and down her seat. 
 
"Eat first. Then we can play a game." Stephanie scolded. 
 
"Yes, Unnie." Evelyn said with a cheeky smile. 
 
"Why are you showing me this?" Yuri asked again, but before she got an answer, it shifted to another scene. 
 
13 year old Evelyn, 21 year old Stephanie and 23 year old Michelle were gathered around a more well-decorated house. It was the same house, but there were more presents underneath the Christmas tree, their dinner was a bit more than just a sandwich and the eldest sister was drinking a glass of wine. 
 
"What do you wish for this Christmas, Stephanie?" Michelle asked, taking a sip of her wine. 
 
"I want Mom and Dad to be home for the Holidays and for Valentine's Day to never come around." Stephanie replied bitterly. 
 
"Don't let another failed date bring you down. There are other fish in the sea."
 
"Except it's frozen because of winter."
 
"You'll be out of this house before you know it. You'll be back in Korea with me." Michelle said trying to sound cheerful. 
 
"Yeah, but that means that you two are gonna be leaving me again." Evelyn said bitterly. 
 
"At least we're here, unlike some people." Stephanie spat. 
 
"Why are you such in a fowl mood?" Evelyn glared. 
 
"Because Christmas at house always ! Our parents are never here for the Holidays because they are so busy with their own ing business trips. Things were a lot better before you came into the picture!" Stephanie spat and pointed at Evelyn. 
 
"Me?! How is this my fault all of a sudden?! I'm not the ones who left their youngest sister! Weren't you two always saying that sisters stick together?! Huh?! What happened now?! You two ing leave the first chance you get. Steph goes to Korea with you and turns into a little by dating every single woman she can possibly find!"
 
"Shut up!" Stephanie shouted. "You don't know me!"
 
"Maybe not, but I sure as hell won't leave when you need me the most." Evelyn dumped her plate in the trash. She grabbed her jacket and left the house without another word. 
 
"Why?" Yuri asked quietly to herself. 
 
Michelle glared at Stephanie. 
 
"What?" Stephanie asked in a bitter tone. 
 
Another scene was shown. 
 
It was Valentine's Day. 
 
"Woah. I thought this was a Christmas thing?" Yuri interrupted. 
 
"Are you the Ghost of Christmas past?"
 
Yuri shook her head. 
 
"Exactly. Now shut up and watch Tiffany get her heart broken." Evelyn motioned to the scene unfolding in front of them. 
 
"Will you be my Valentine?" Stephanie asked with her face slightly red. 
 
"This isn't America. You can't just go and ask people to be your Valentine, you stupid lesbian. I wouldn't be your Valentine even if you were the last living person and everyone had to evacuate Earth because of a zombie apocalypse." The girl crossed her arms. 
 
"Well... If a zombie apocalypse does happen, I'll fight off all the zombies for you." Stephanie smiled weakly. 
 
The girl scoffed and threw the pink and violet flowers on the ground and walked on them, "Keep dreaming."
 
"Why are these people so ed up?" Yuri pointed to the girl walking away. 
 
Stephanie got on her knees and started picking up the flowers and wiped the tears in her eyes. She sobbed for a little bit before heading back home to Michelle. 
 
"What is wrong with society these days..." Yuri muttered. 
 
"Look! Mistletoe!" Stephanie jumped up and down as she held her girlfriend's hand. 
 
She had never been so happy. She had been dating her for a month. Tiffany thought that she would've been different from the rest of the girls she had dated. 
 
She leaned in, but her girlfriend's hand was there instead of her lips. "What's wrong, babe?"
 
"Are you seriously gonna kiss me in front of all these people?" Her girlfriend asked.  
 
"Is there a problem?"
 
"I don't want people getting a wrong image of me."
 
"What image might that be?" 
 
"A lesbian image."
 
"But you are a lesbian. Why else would you date me?" 
 
The girlfriend shrugged, "It was just for fun, but you aren't a very good kisser. So I'm straight again."
 
"What?! But you can't so that!"
 
"I just did." The girl waved and walked away. "Merry Christmas, Miyoung."
 
"Damn. She got ed over big time!" Yuri turned around and saw that Evelyn was no longer standing behind her and she was back standing in her living room. The room looked exactly like how she had left it before she got home. "What the hell just happened to me?" Yuri sat down on the couch. 
 
"Yuri!" 
 
"What?! Huh?!" Yuri stood up and frantically looked around the living room. "Show yourself!" She commanded. 
 
The voice laughed. 
 
"Sica?"
 
"Oh Yuri... You've always been paranoid. Never being able to relax and never being able to let things go." Jessica stood behind the sofa and started massaging Yuri's shoulders. "Wanna see a movie?"
 
"What are you doing here? I changed the locks." Yuri said drowsily. 
 
"I am the Ghost of Christmas Present. Now be a good girl and look at the tv." Jessica said soothingly. 
 
It was present day. Tiffany, Jessica, Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, Sunny, Evelyn, Michelle, Seohyun, Sooyoung and Yoona were all gathered around the dining table. A sincere smile evident on everyone's faces, especially the Hwang sisters. Her smile was the brightest of them all. Sunny and Taeyeon were sitting next to each other and occasionally stealing each other's food on their plates. The adults of the table, including Evelyn, were all laughing and chatting amongst one another. An occasional point would occur, but that only made the laughter get even louder. 
 
"See how happy she is?" Jessica whispered in Yuri's ear. 
 
"Yeah... She looks really happy." Yuri said softly. 
 
"Do you really want to take that away from her?"
 
"But I had you first. It isn't fair."
 
"Life is never fair, Yuri. You had me once, but you let me go. You've already lost me, but Tiffany found me." Jessica said with sadness evident in her eyes. 
 
"No... It can't be over between us. It can never be over." Yuri said in a pleading tone. 
 
"It's been over. I'm Tiffany's now. She deserves another shot at happiness. She never deserved all those things that happened to her in her past. She's a good person, Yuri. She deserves to be happy."
 
"What about me? What about my happiness?"
 
Jessica pointed at the screen, "Your shot of happiness is on that screen, but you need to chose happiness over your own ego. Your pride is what's keeping you from being truly happy."
 
Yuri buried her face in her hands, "What the hell do you want me to do?" She looked up and saw that Jessica had already disappeared. "Sica? Jessica?"
 
"Appa?" 
 
"Taeyeon? You look like you're about 8 years old now, not 5."
 
"Hi, Appa."
 
"What are you doing here?"
 
"I'm the Ghost of Christmas Future." She smiled sadly. 
 
"Why are you so sad?"
 
"Tiffany Appa died."
 
"What?...." Yuri asked breathlessly. 
 
Taeyeon pointed in the distance and saw a tomb stone.
 
R.I.P
Stephanie Hwang
August 1, 1989- June 8, 2015.
May her smile brighten Heaven. 
 
"She died?... How....?" 
 
"You stole Umma away from her. You kept persuading Umma until she finally gave in and got back together with you. Umma and Tiffany Appa had already been together for a two years and you still haven't stopped trying to get back together with Umma. Tiffany Appa couldn't handle the heartbreak and eventually committed suicide. She took an entire bottle of Advil PM and never woke up." Taeyeon said somberly. 
 
"Tae... I never meant for that to happen... I...." 
 
"You what, Appa? You couldn't let her be happy just this once? Her only shot of happiness now taken away from her? She was too young and went through so much. Why can't you just let Umma and Tiffany Appa be? Can't you see how happy she was with Umma?"
 
"But I still love your Umma." Yuri sobbed. "I still love her..."
 
"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back, it's yours to keep." Taeyeon recited. "Umma still loves you, but not like that. She found someone else. Please move on, Appa. It's better for everyone. Like Umma said, happiness is right in front of you, it's your choice to take it or not." Taeyeon patted her Appa's shoulder and walked out the front door. 
 
"Tae, wait!" Yuri hurried after her daughter, but when she opened the door, she was no longer there. 
 
"I've been drinking way too much." Yuri rubbed her head and made her way back to bed. 
 
The next day, Yuri awoke to the sound of her cellphone ringing. 
 
"Hello?" She answered horsely. 
 
"Merry Christmas, Yuri!" Tiffany greeted brightly on the other line. 
 
"Merry Christmas, Tiffany." Yuri yawned. "What do I owe this pleasure of being woken up on my day off?"
 
"It's Christmas Day, silly!" Tiffany laughed. 
 
"What?!" Yuri sat up, "I could've sworn it was December 26 last night..."
 
"Nope. It's December 24th. So listen, Jessie, Evie, Mitch, Tae, SunBuns, Hyo, Seo, Soo and Yoong  were all wondering if you wanted to come over for a Christmas dinner."
 
"Why are you inviting me?"
 
"Because we figured that everyone would be happier when you're in the room." Yuri raised an eyebrow over the phone, knowing fill well, Tiffany knew what she was doing. "Ok, ok. That was a lie. I want you there."
 
"Why me?"
 
"I don't want you to be spending Christmas Eve by yourself. Trust me, I've done that and it . Why don't you come over and enjoy everyone's company?" Tiffany bit her bottom lip. 
 
"I don't understand."
 
"Look. This may or may not be the way you planned on spending the Holidays, but at least do it for Taeyeon and Jessica. It'd make me happy and it'd make you happy. C'mon. It's your last shot to make your family happy before the new year starts." Tiffany pleaded. 
 
"Alright, Hwang. I'll go, but I don't have presents."
 
"Psh. You don't need to bring presents. Just the fact that everyone is here, happy, alive and well is the best Christmas gift  anyone could ever ask for."
 
"You truly are something else, Hwang."
 
"Thanks. I'll see you at 5, Kwon."