Me and my Baby

Me and my Baby

 

Jessica's POV
 
The drive to Tiffany's house was silent. I wasn't too sure if she would quickly look at me and then look back on the road or maybe it was just my imagination playing tricks on me again or I'm just really nervous. I sighed. 
 
"Something wrong?" 
 
"Nothing. I'm just thinking."
 
"What are you thinking about?"
 
I shook my head, "It isn't that important now that I actually think about it."
 
She laughed, "Yeah because that makes so much sense."
 
"What are you thinking about?" I asked. 
 
She shrugged, "I'm deciding whether I should have a blueberry or a banana nut muffin."
 
"Which store did you buy ithe muffins from?"
 
"Well, I buy the blueberries, bananas and the nuts from the Farmer's Market once a month, but I buy the rest of the ingredients in Cosco or Wal-Mart."
 
"You bake?"
 
She nodded. 
 
"What can you bake?"
 
"What do you want me to bake?"
 
"You can bake anything?"
 
"I'm a chef at my own restaurant, of course I can bake anything."
 
"Really?" I said in awe. 
 
"Are you impressed?"
 
"Kinda."
 
"Kinda?"
 
"You don't seem like the type who would be a master chef."
 
"I wouldn't say master chef." She chuckled. 
 
"I assumed you were a fashion designer or something."
 
"Really? I look like one?"
 
"You dress like one too."
 
"You serious?"
 
"Do I look like I'm kidding?"
 
She turned and looked at me, "Guess not." She smiled. 
 
I smiled at her smile. The way her eyes disappear and turn into crescent moons. How come I've never noticed her smile? The way she dresses. Her coat, scarf and boots that went up to her knees. My eyes wandered to her fingers. The way she grips the steering wheel with firmness, yet they look so gentle. How does she do that?
 
"We're here."
 
"What?"
 
"My house." She pointed at a simple light brown house. The gate was painted white and pink flowers were decorated on the edges. The stone walk way had lavender and white colored flowers were planted alongside of it. 
 
"Something wrong?"
 
"My assumptions of you were completely wrong."
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"I thought you were going to be a spoiled rich kid who just does enough to get by. I thought for sure you'd be stuck up because of the way you dress. And the way you talk makes it seem like you're stuck up."
 
She frowned, "Is that what people really see me as? That's what you saw me as? Really?"
 
"Well...at first. But then when I saw you with Taeyeon and how much she likes you, I changed my mind about you."
 
"So I'm one of those people who look like a beach on the outside?"
 
"In a way, yes."
 
"What is it about me? The way I talk? The way I dress? The way I act?"
 
"I'm not too sure. I think it's the way you dress. It doesn't do your personality any justice."
 
"I see..." She crossed her arms and bit the inside of her lip. 
 
I unconsciously my lips, then mentally slapped myself. 
 
I sneezed. 
 
"C'mon. Let's go inside before you catch a cold." She held open the door as I entered. My nose was immediately attacked by the smell of strawberry vanilla. I took a deep breath and enjoyed the scent as I took a look around the house. 
 
It was warm and cozy. The coat rack was near the door and had a couple of jackets and sweatshirts hanging on it and there was four pairs of shoes by the door. The brown four-seater couch, the leather arm chair, and the clear coffee table in front of the T.V complimented the carpet. The kitchen counter had a stack of cook books and the mail was piled neatly in a basket. The dining table had three chairs that all faced the T.V and there was a bowl in the center that had a variety of fruits. The kitchen had three racks of spices, one cupboard was left opened and I saw that there were tons of snacks in there. My thoughts were broken when I felt a pair of hands slowly take my jacket off. 
 
"Wh-what are you doing?"
 
She chuckled in my ear, her husky voice made me shiver, "I thought I was gonna help you take your jacket off. It's pretty warm in my house."
 
"Oh. Right." I quickly took my jacket off and hung it on the coat rack. 
 
"Would you like marshmallows in your hot chocolate or would you like it plain?" She asked as she made her way to the kitchen. 
 
I sat on one of the seats on the counter, "It doesn't matter. Surprise me."
 
"What kind of muffin would you like? We have blueberry, banana nut, chocolate, raisin, or just a plain muffin? Hmm... I baked these last night so they should still be good." She lifted the top of a big white container and there was a variety of muffins. 
 
"You baked all these?"
 
She shook her head, "My best friends help me with these kinds of things."
 
"Do they live with you?"
 
"Kinda." She laughed. 
 
"What do you mean?" I asked as I picked out a banana nut muffin. 
 
"Well," she handed me a cup of hot chocolate with a smiley face, the whip cream were the eyes and the marshmallows were the smile. "Yoona and Sooyoung practically live here because they're over a lot, but we live in separate places." She shrugged, "I don't understand why we don't just all move into one place, but then again, as much as I love those two, I don't want them eating all my food."
 
I laughed, "Your house is really cozy and inviting. I really like it."
 
"Took me a while to get this place looking the way I wanted it to look. The backyard especially taking forever, it's still a work in progress."
 
"Can I see the backyard?"
 
"Sure, but it's a little messy out there. I was gardening and was too lazy to put everything back in the shed." She moved the red curtains to the side and revealed her backyard. 
 
It was luscious and green. Filled with plant life. The farthest fence was separated into four squares, each had a picture: a tomato, an eggplant, a potato, and carrots. On the right side, there was a pineapple bush. And there was a small shed on the left side of the yard. The cement walk way had rows of flowers, some were in pots and some were already planted. Garden gnomes were squished next to each other by the tool shed. A couple of gardening tools were left near the carrot and eggplant pictures and the green garden hose s around the yard. 
 
"I told you it was messy." She rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly. 
 
I laughed, "I think your garden is adorable. I really like how you grow your own plants."
 
"Saves me money and gardening relaxes me." She smiled. 
 
There's that smile again. 
 
"Oh! I should probably head to work."
 
"What time do you have to be there?"
 
"25 minutes ago." She laughed. 
 
"You can go to work, I'll just call a cab."
 
"Nonsense. I own the restaurant, I don't have to show up. Besides, Yoona and Sooyoung should be able to take over when I'm gone. I'll just tell them that I'm with someone very important right now." 
 
"Are you sure?"
 
"Positive."