Me and my Baby

Me and my Baby

 

Sunny's POV
 
"I know who did it. I know who done did it!" Unnie said. 
 
Michelle Unnie laughed, "You say you know, but you're probably wrong, Evelyn...again."
 
"I know who it is!" Unnie slammed her hands on the table and gave us an evil grin. I guess that's why she's called Evie the Evil. "It was Colonel Mustard with the candlestick in the kitchen!" Unnie threw her cards on the table and grinned with pride. 
 
"You , do you even realize that you have the candlestick and the kitchen cards?!" Michelle Unnie shouted in her ear. "Do you even know how to play the game?!"
 
"Aish!" Unnie furiously rubbed her ear. "You're louder than, Steph. Jesus."
 
"It was Mrs. White with the rope in the laboratory." I said. Unnie gave me a weird look. 
 
She reached in the center of the game board and took the cards out. "Holy snaggle tooth! She's right! Well, slap my back and call be Besty. You're awesome at this game, Sunny!" I smiled as Unnie praised me. "Good job, good job, little Sunshine."
 
"I can't believe a 5 year old is beating you at Clue for the seventh time in a row." Michelle Unnie shook her head and gave me another sticker. 
 
I have seven stickers on my shirt while Unnie had two. Each sticker meant that you won a round of Clue. I don't normally play boardgames, but with Unnie and Michelle Unnie arguing just makes it fun. And the fact that I'm playing with Unnie makes it even more fun. I just wish TaeTae was here to play this game with us. 
 
"Do you want to play another round?" Unnie asked. 
 
I shook my head. 
 
"What do you want to play then?"
 
"I want to go visit TaeTae."
 
"Taeyeon... Hmm... Let me just call Jessica Unnie." Unnie got up and grabbed her phone and called Sica Umma. 
 
"Hello, Unnie?... I was wondering if Sunny and I can come over today... Okay... Thank you, Unnie... Yes, we'll see you in a bit." Unnie smiled and hung up the phone. "Go grab you jacket and put your shoes on, Bunny! We're visiting the little ert!"
 
"Yay!" I hopped up and down and cheered. 
 
"See ya." Michelle Unnie got up and walked back to her room. 
 
I looked at Unnie. "What's wrong, young one?"
 
I pointed outside. She followed my finger and saw that it was raining. She frowned, but then her face lit up. 
 
"I got it!" She snapped her fingers. "Since I can't drive legally in Korea and you obviously can't drive, plus neither of us has a car. So I have a plan."
 
Moments later I was strapped on Unnie back wrapped in one of Unnie's jackets, a rain coat and an umbrella over my head. 
 
"What about you, Unnie?"
 
"What about me?"
 
"You're only wearing a jacket and jeans. That's not enough for the rainy weather." 
 
"Don't worry, young one. I've been living in America. I'm use to the cold weather." 
 
"Are you sure?"
 
"Hold on tight, okay? It's gonna be a little windy." The second Unnie stepped out the door, the wind blew the umbrella back into the house. "Let's think of another plan."
 
Our next attempt to try to visit Taeyeon was a good one. Unnie was carrying me in her arms and I my arms and legs around her neck and waist with a jacket over me and the raincoat over the two of us. 
 
"I think that this will be fine now." When Unnie stepped out of the house, the wind was strong, but I was warm in Unnie's arms. She hugged me tighter and trudged forward against the strong wind. We were silent for a bit and all I could hear was the wind blowing. 
 
"Unnie?"
 
"Yes, baby girl?"
 
"Thank you." I smiled even though I knew she couldn't see my face. 
 
"You're welcome." Even though I couldn't see her face either, she was probably smiling. "Wanna stop by that store and get something hot to drink?"
 
"Yes, please!" I said jumping up and down in her arms. 
 
She set me down on a chair and walked to the counter and got us drinks. She set it down in front of me and gave me a cinnamon bon and smiled. I smiled back and took a bite. She tore small pieces for herself and gave the rest to me. 
 
"Ahh! That hit the spot!" Unnie smiled as she drank the rest of her hot chocolate. I laughed at her childish attitude and mimicked her actions. I rested my back on the chair and started rubbing my belly. "Are you copying me?"
 
"Are you copying me?"
 
"I'll take that as a yes."
 
"Can we bring some hot chocolate to TaeTae?" I asked with a big smile on my face 
 
"Of course! Now that it stopped raining, I can buy us another round of hot chocolate and we can take it with us." She got up and came back with three hot chocolates and handed me one. 
 
"Thank you, Unnie!" 
 
"Let's hurry before Taeyeon's hot chocolate gets cold." Unnie smiled and took my hand as we walked to Taeyeon's house. 
 
Since it wasn't raining anymore, Unnie and I were jumping in puddles with our rain boots. She reminds me of a mini-Appa, but I don't know which one I like better yet. 
 
We rang the doorbell and waited for someone to answer. I looked up to see that no one was opening the door, but then I felt someone my size hugging me, I smiled. It was TaeTae. 
 
"Come in, Wifey and Wifey's friend." She grinned cheekily. 
 
"Thank you, Hubby." I grinned back. 
 
"Sunny?"
 
"Yes?"
 
"Can I... Umm... Can I hold your hand?" TaeTae asked with a bright red face. 
 
I smiled, "You don't even have to ask me. Just do it next time, okay?"
 
TaeTae smiled and nodded. "Okay!" Then grabbed my hand and pulled me into the house. 
 
"We bought you hot chocolate, TaeTae. See?" I took the hot chocolate from Unnie's hand and gave it to TaeTae. "Who are you calling, Unnie?" I asked when I saw here taking her phone out. 
 
"I'm going to call your mom to let her know that we're at Taeyeon's house. Then I'm going to call my sister and ask her to pick me up at Jessica Unnie's house after work."
 
"I can drop you off." Sica Umma offered. 
 
"It's alright. I know you want to see my sister." Unnie smiled and walked to the other room. 
 
"Sica Umma, your face is turning red. Are you sick?" I asked. 
 
"I'm fine. What did you guys want to have for dinner?"
 
"Umma! Can we have chicken strips?" TaeTae asked. 
 
"What about you, Sunny?"
 
"I want whatever Hubby wants!" I smiled and grabbed TaeTae's arm. 
 
Unnie came out of the other room and smiled. "Steph is on her way."
 
"Would you guys like to stay for dinner?" Sica Umma asked. 
 
Unnie smiled, "Thank you. I'm sure Steph would love that."
 
"I'll get started on it then."