Me and my Baby

Me and my Baby

It was a beautiful Sunday morning. A happy red head was getting out of bed with a smile on her face. 

"Stephanie!" A loud voice screamed and started banging on her bedroom door. 

She frowned, "WHAT DO YOU WANT EVELYN?!"

"It's Sunday!"

"We'll go to the 12 o'clock one." Tiffany said, opening her bedroom door. 

"It's 7:24, do you think Hyunnie's gonna be awake?" Evelyn asked cautiously. 

Tiffany shrugged, "She should be."

"I'll be right back!" Evelyn made a run for the door and to the next door neighbor's house. She knocked on the door and rang the doorbell then waited. 

"I knew it was you." Seohyun's smiled as she leaned forward to capture her girlfriend's lips. "Good morning, baby."

Evelyn blushes, "Good morning, babe."

Seohyun chuckled, "You're so cute, you know that?" 

The younger shook her head as her face got brighter and buried her face into her girlfriend's shirt. The oldest of the two picked the younger one off the ground and carried her inside. Evelyn squealed and held on to Seohyun's neck tighter as she was being carried. 

"What do I owe this early morning visit?" Seohyun asked in between kisses. She supported Evelyn's back as she slowly lowered her on the couch and got on top of her. She started kissing and on her neck. 

"I was wondering if you wanted to come to church with me and Steph later today. You know, if you aren't busy." Evelyn asked when Seohyun finally stopped kissing her. 

"Oh. Sure. What time?" 

"Depends. Did you wanna meet us there or did you wanna ride with us?"

Seohyun gave her girlfriend a look of disbelief. "Which one do you think I would prefer?"

"Walking." Evelyn laughed. 

Seohyun feigned sadness, "You don't like me anymore."

The younger rolled her eyes, "Don't be stupid." She got on top of Seohyun so she was trapped in between her legs. "You already know that there's nobody in the world I'd rather be with other than you."

Seohyun smiled and kissed her. "I'm so lucky to have you."

-----

"I didn't say you were going to Hell! I was just offering if you wanted to go!" Tiffany shrieked in hopes to defend herself. 

"Stephanie Hwang Miyoung! How dare you tell me that just because I'm a lesbian, I'm going to Hell!" The voice on the phone screamed. 

"I never said that! You misunderstood! Jessie, you know that even if you do go to Hell, I'd be right there along side of you! Baby. You know I'd go to the ends of the world for you."

"You're going to Hell!" Jessica screamed. 

"Let's calm down first." Tiffany sighed. 

"Don't tell me to calm down! You calm down!"

"Yes, dear."

"Damn right!"

"Yes, dear."

"Good!"

"Yes, dear."

"Good."

"Are you done?"

"Yeah."

"Are you coming?"

"Fine."

"I'll pick you up at 11:30."

"Good."

"Jessie?"

"What?"

"I'll see you in a bit." Tiffany said sweetly. 

"Whatever." Jessica hung up the phone before Tiffany could say anything else. 

"What happened to your face?" Evelyn asked. 

"Jessie hung-- WHAT IS THAT ON YOUR NECK?!" Tiffany screamed and she forcefully moved Evelyn's hair to get a better view at her neck. "IS THAT A HICKEY?!"

"N-no!" Evelyn took a giant step back to prevent her sister from seeing it. 

"SEO JOOHYUN!" Tiffany screamed as she made a run to her sister's girlfriend's house next door. She started banging in the door while screaming her name. 

"Steph! Calm down!" Evelyn said in a panicked voice. 

"Don't tell me to calm down!" Tiffany glared and kept banging on the door. 

"Y-yes?" Seohyun asked in a small voice. 

"What is it???" Tiffany grabbed Evelyn's neck and showed Seohyun the hickey. 

"A h-hick-hickey?...." She answered in a small voice. 

"How did she get this hickey?" Tiffany asked sternly. 

"From me..." Seohyun said with shame evident in her voice. 

"Is this what you two do whenever you're over at my house or when she's over at your house? I trusted you, Seo. I trusted both of you. How could you two do this to me? I can't believe." Tiffany said. 

"Steph, it wasn't Hyunnie's fault. It was mine. I was the one who initiated it. She didn't do anything. Seohyun has been nothing but respectful to me. Blame me, not her." Evelyn said in a pleading voice. 

"What are you? A ?" Tiffany glared. "You're 17. You shouldn't be throwing your body away like that. Don't be a ."

"Steph..." Evelyn looked like she was about to cry. 

"That's going too far, Unnie." Seohyun said, wrapping an arm around Evelyn's shoulders. "She didn't do anything wrong. It's perfectly natural to have urges. Wouldn't you rather have her with someone you trusted than a stranger?"

"I did trust you, Seohyun, remember? But then you went behind my back and broke it." Tiffany grabbed Evelyn's wrist and dragged her back to their house. 

"Steph I--"

"Don't talk to me right now." Tiffany suddenly cut her off with her icy voice. 

Evelyn ran straight to her room and threw herself on her bed. She curled up in a call and pulled the blankets over herself. She wiped the first fallen tears but eventually gave up when they started to pour out of her eyes. The young girl bit her blankets and buried her face in her pillows to prevent any noise from escaping her lips. 

-----  

"Evelyn?" A soft knock sounded from the door. 

Evelyn stirred from her slumber. "Who is it?" She croaked. 

"It's me."

"Go away. I don't wanna talk to you right now." Evelyn covered herself with her blankets again. 

"I really need to talk to you."

Evelyn got up and locked her bedroom door. 

Tiffany sighed when she heard the door lock, "Are you seriously planning on staying locked up on your room forever? You have school tomorrow. What about church?"

There was a minute of silence followed by a note that was slipped under her door. 

-since everything I say is wrong and you don't ever listen, I just won't say anything anymore. That way, I will never say anything wrong and you won't have to listen to me anymore-

"Evelyn Hwang Youngmin. Are you seriously going to never talk to me?" Tiffany asked in disbelief. 

-yes- 

"What about church?"

Evelyn opened the door, already dressed in a floral dress, a cardigan and sandals. Her hair was tied back into a half pony tail. She didn't bother looking at her older sister, she just walked right past her. 

Tiffany sighed, "I guess I deserved that for calling you those things. Please talk to me." 

Evelyn slung her purse over her shoulder and walked out the door. She knocked on Seohyun's door and waited for her to open the door. 

"Lynn? What are you doing here?" Seohyun asked a bit surprised. 

Evelyn looked at Tiffany and back at her girlfriend, "You said you were coming to church with us, right? I'm here to pick you up."

"Won't it be awkward?"

"My sister called me a and a in front of you. It's gonna be awkward either way. Me going to church with her is going to make her feel guilty and you being there is going to make her feel even worse. This is for all the crap she put me through when we were younger."

"I don't know about this..."

"Please? I really need you right now."

Seohyun sighed and rubbed her forehead, "I don't know. It seems like you're only trying to get back at her for calling you those things."

"So you think what she was saying was true? Is that it?!"

"No! That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm just saying that you should calm down first and then talk to her." Seohyun held her hand and the back of it with her thumb and gave her a kiss on the forehead. "Okay?"

Evelyn sighed and nodded, "You're right, but I'm still not talking to her."

"Do whatever you think is best." Seohyun kissed her forehead, "I'll try to see if I can talk to you when you get back from church."

"Okay. Bye." Evelyn smiled. 

"Stay beautiful." 

"Stay sweet."

-----  

Meanwhile, Tiffany was observing the younger couple's exchange from her front porch. Guilt spread through her body like wild fire. Evelyn was suppose to come and move in with her so she wouldn't have to deal with any of that anymore. Yet, here she was being the main cause of it all. Then, anger started replacing that guilt as the exchange grew longer than she had expected. She was angry at Seohyun for taking her sister's innocence away. She was angry at Evelyn for violating her trust like that. She was angry at the the younger couple for disrespecting her like that. Even though she was angry, she was even more guilty for calling her own sister a and a , knowing completely well that Seohyun was her first girlfriend and her dating standards were next to impossible to achieve.  

"Ready to go?" Tiffany asked when she saw Evelyn walking towards her. 

Evelyn walked right past her older sister and sat in the back seat. 

"Do you have your seatbelt on?"

Evelyn clicked her seat belt and crossed her arms. She saw Seohyun standing ar her doorway, smiling as she waved. Evelyn smiled and waved back. 

Tiffany sighed and drove away. 

-----

"Tae, will you please stop moving?" Jessica asked, but Taeyeon was getting antsy sitting in the church pews. 

"I wanna go play." Taeyeon said, standing on the seat and started jumping. 

"Kim Taeyeon. We are at a church. Will you please try to sit still for another 30 minutes?" Jessica glared. 

"Umma, are you mad at me?" Taeyeon asked in a small voice, but when Jessica ignored her, Taeyeon asked in an even louder voice. "Umma! Are you mad at me??" 

"Shhh!" Jessica hushed. 

"Evie, can you please take Tae outside?" Tiffany asked. 

"No, it's fine. I'll take her." Jessica said, but Evelyn already got up and took Taeyeon by her under arms and carried her out. 

"Unnie?"

"Yes, little Tae?"

"Are you mad at Appa Ppany?" 

"How did you know?" 

"Because she kept asking you things, but you didn't say anything. You just kept looking outside the window."

Evelyn laughed, "Something happened earlier today."

"You wanna talk about it?"

"She just called me some really mean names. That's all."

"How mean were the words?"

"Mean enough to make me cry in room for a while."

"Wifey says that you should never cry alone."

"Why not?"

"Because no one will hold you."

"C'mon, let's go back inside." Evelyn picked Taeyeon up and walked back to the church. 

-----

"Where do you guys wanna go for lunch?" Tiffany asked. "Evelyn? Where do you wanna go?"

"Let's go get  bar-b-que!" Taeyeon jumped up and down in her seat. 

"What about you Evie?"

She shrugged and looked out the window. 

"You can't keep ignoring me forever."

She shrugged again. 

"Fine. Let's go get bar-b-que." Tiffany said and drove there in silence. 

-----

"Well, that was probably the most awkward dinner conversation I've ever had with my sister." Tiffany sighed as she plopped herself on the couch. 

"What happened between you two anyway?"

"I-I was horrible. Terrible, even. I called her a and a in front of Seohyun."

"What did she do?"

"I saw her with a hickey on her neck after she came back from Seo's house."

"So then what?"

"I lost my temper. I started banging on her door and yeah. It was ugly. I tried to apologize, but she refuses to talk to me." Tiffany sighed. "It was so much easier when Leo was still around."

"Leo?"

Tiffany nodded, "Our older brother."

"He isn't in the picture anymore?"

"He still is, he's just living in Europe with his boyfriend. Ever since he came out to my parents when he was 17, he got kicked out of the house. He was never around during the Holidays because he never liked being home. Who could blame him, ya know? When we were kids, he wasn't really around much either because when Leo was 15, Michelle was 10, I was 8  and Evelyn was about a couple of months old, he was already working and purposely worked on Holidays. For some reason she would always cry for no reason at all, but when Leo held her, she would miraculously stop crying. When she was 2 or 3, she would always get bullied at her Day Care because she was the smallest out of all of them, which made her the easiest to get picked on. She would always come home in tears and Leo would just cradle her until she stopped crying and they would go play dress up or something like that. He was like a dad and a best friend to Evie, but when he got kicked out of the house, she was never the same. I don't even know if she still remembers him or not. I think that's why I'm always so protective over her. I don't want her to hurt, but I'm the one hurting her the most." Tiffany buried her face in her hands and tried her best not to cry in front of her girlfriend. 

"Don't worry. Give her some time to cool down. I'm sure she'll talk to you soon."

Tiffany sniffled, "It's getting late. I should probably take you and Tae home."

"Are you sure you'll be okay?"

"I'm sure."