Me and my Baby

Me and my Baby

(Hi readers!

sorry about the little mix up. I didn't realize how tired I was when I wrote this. 

-Unnie)

 

 

"Ms. Jung?" A voice called. 

"Yes?" Jessica looked up and saw a head poking out of her doorway. 

"The boss would like to see you." 

"Do you know what it'll be about?" Jessica asked. 

The person shook his head, "He didn't say. They just told me to come and get you."

Jessica sighed and started walking to her boss's office. The long hallway felt like it went on forever and ever. Finally reaching the office door, she knocked and let herself in. 

"Ah, Ms. Jung Sooyeon." A friendly smile appeared on the man's face. "Please, have a seat."

Jessica nodded and sat on the chair across from his desk, "What is this about?"

"Word on the department is that you are a very diligent worker. Is that true?" The boss asked. 

Jessica shrugged, "I do my work diligently. Why?"

"Because I would like to give you another job."

"Another job, sir?" She asked slowly. 

"Yes, yes, yes, another job."

"I don't understand."

"A promotion. You'll be working the same hours, but a different, more authoritative position. You'll be getting double your salary and a bigger office with a better view."

"Really?!" Jessica's smile suddenly flashed as she jumped up and down her seat. "You're serious?!"

"As serious as I'll ever be." The boss smiled. "So, you'll take it?"

"Of course, I'll take it! When do I start?"

"As soon as you're all packed and ready to go to the United States."

"United States?" Jessica's excited disappeared as quickly as it came. 

"Yes. You'll be monitoring the statistics of the company in America. You have a major in Statistics and Macroeconomics, you are more than qualified to do this job. I wouldn't trust anyone other than you for something this big."

"I appreciate the offer, but I have a daughter and a sister to think about. I can't just pack my bags and go." Jessica reasoned. 

"Of course not, which is why I'm going to give you four months to think about this decision."

"Four months?"

"Yes. You get four months and it takes about a month and a half to get everything cleared through."

"I'll think about it, sir."

"Good. I'll be expecting your call four months from now, Ms. Jung." 

"Goodbye, sir."

"Goodbye, Ms. Jung."

-----

"Umma!" Taeyeon frantically waved at her mom with both her arms and grinned. Jessica smiled and waved back. 

Taeyeon quickly stuffed her belongings in her back pack and raced towards her mom's open arms. Jessica picked her up with ease and kissed her cheeks. Taeyeon grinned and kissed her mom's cheeks in return. 

"How was school?" 

"Sica Umma!" Another voice called. Jessica turned around and saw a child, shorter than the average height, running towards her with a smile brighter than the sun. 

"Hi, Sunshine." Jessica bent over and hugged her daughter's Wifey. 

Sunny smiled and kissed Taeyeon's cheek, "What brings you by?"

"I was waiting for Umma when I saw you two." Sunny smiled. 

"Hey, Little Byun. Hi, Sunshine." 

"Tiffany?" Jessica asked confused. 

"Hyoyeon asked me to pick her up from school because she had a lunch date with Yuri." Tiffany smiled and gave Jessica a quick peck on the cheek. "Should we all go somewhere?"

"I can't. I have to get back to work." Jessica frowned. 

"It's alright. I'll just take Tae with me." Tiffany offered. 

"Thank you. You're the best." Jessica smiled and kissed her cheek. 

Tiffany's grin got wider, "Anytime."

-----

"Can I have this?!" Sunny shrieked. 

"No. You two have had too much candy." Tiffany said firmly. 

"But--"

"No buts." Tiffany gave Taeyeon a look that made the five year old shut as quickly as it opened. "Good. Now let's get real food inside your stomachs."

Sunny and Taeyeon each held Tiffany's hand as they walked to the food court. 

"How was school today, guys?" Tiffany asked as they stood in line at the food court. 

"Hubby tried copying my homework today." Sunny tattled. 

"Wifey! You said you wouldn't tell anyone!" Taeyeon gave her Wifey a look of betrayal. 

"Appa Ppany isn't just anyone." Sunny defended. 

"That's true." Taeyeon nodded in agreement. 

"Appa?" 

"Yes, Sunshine?" 

"Are you going to marry Umma?"

Tiffany suddenly started coughing. "Wh-what makes you think that?"

"Because you two look like you're in love." Taeyeon added. 

"We do?"

The young couple nodded their heads. 

"How long have you and Umma been together?" Sunny asked. 

"9 months and 18 days." Tiffany automatically replied. 

"Have you said the three magic words yet?" Taeyeon asked. 

"Three magic words?" Tiffany slowly asked. 

"Yeah." Sunny smiled. 

"What are they?" Tiffany asked. 

"Ugh, Appa. You're hopeless!" Taeyeon shrieked. "Watch carefully." She eyed Tiffany to make sure she was looking. 

Tiffany rolled her eyes and looked at the two children in front of her. "I'm looking. I'm looking."

Taeyeon suddenly grabbed Sunny by the shoulders and looked her fiercely in the eyes. "Wifey." She said with intense passion. "Since the day I met you, I knew that I wouldn't love any other 5 year old for as long as I stayed 5. Even when we get older, I know that I will love you more and more each day because you are really easy to love. When we turn 10, my love will still be as strong as it is now. When we get old and our kids have kids, our love won't be the same because when we get older, our love will only grow stronger. Lee Soonkyu, I love you."

"Ma'am?" A voice called. 

"Yes?" Tiffany asked. 

"Are you okay?"

"Oh! Yes. I'm fine. Just teared up a little." Tiffany sniffles and wiped her tears with the back of her hand. 

"Hey, Hubby?" Sunny whispered and she held Taeyeon's hand. 

"Yes, Wifey?"

"Our kids will be lucky to have you as an Appa." Sunny smiled and kissed her cheek. "I love you too, Kim Taeyeon."

-----

"Who's ready to go home?" Tiffany smiled after they ate their midday snack. 

"I am. I just wanna sit on the couch and watch TV." Taeyeon said rubbing her belly. 

"You can't do that yet." Sunny said. 

"Why not?" 

"Because you promised me that you were gonna help me with my arts and crafts project." 

"Oh yeah!" Taeyeon's eyes lit up with excitement. "I get to spend more time wth my Wifey!"

-----

"Welcome back." Evelyn smiled and gave her older sister a hug and the two kids. "Seo and I were just about to make dinner."

"That's perfect. Thank you." Tiffany smiled and dropped the kids' backpacks by the door. 

"Evie?" Seohyun called. 

"Yeah, Seo?"

"Could you come in here please?"

Evelyn walked back to the kitchen, "Yes?"

"Come here." Sephyun motioned Evelyn to come closer. 

Evelyn gave her girlfriend a confused look, but still walked towards her. "Is everything alright?"

"Everything is amazing." Seohyun embraced Evelyn in her arms and inhaled her scent. "You're so beautiful. I don't even understand how that's even possible."

Evelyn giggled and kissed the base of her girlfriend's neck, "You aren't so bad to look at either."

Sephyun smiled and kissed her, "You're perfect."

"Cut it out you two. There are kids in the house." Tiffany cleared as she stood by the door with her arms crossed. 

Evelyn cleared and slowly peeled herself out of Seohyun's embrace. "She was just making sure my breath didn't smell."

"Does her breath smell, Hyunnie?" Tiffany asked. 

Sephyun shook her head, "It was minty."