Me and my Baby

Me and my Baby

"What am I gonna do?"

"Tiff, calm down. Why don't you give her some space?"

"Jessie, she goes to school, comes home, packs a bag and goes to Seohyun's house every night. She's never home anymore." Tiffany sighed. 

Jessica looked at her girlfriend and held her in her arms, "Have you tried talking to her about it?"

"I tried, but everytime it happens, we yell at each other again." Tiffany buried her face in Jessica's neck. 

"You're too protective." Jessica sighed. 

"I have to be protective! Who else is going to take care of Evelyn?"

"Seohyun."

"I don't trust her."

"That's a lie. You do trust her, but then she started dating your sister. You know that Seohyun is the best possible suitor for Evelyn. You know it. I know it. Evelyn knows it. Seohyun makes your sister happy."

"But they've had !"

"You don't know that."

"Yes I do."

"How?"

"She's slept at her house for the past week and a half! Don't tell me they haven't done it!"

"So what if they've done it? Does it really matter if they have? She isn't pregnant. She doesn't have STDS or AIDS. She probably plans on being with Seohyun for a very long time. I don't understand why it matters to you so much."

"So you'd be okay if Taeyeon and Sunny had ?"

"They can't have ! They're only 5!"

"I meant when they get older." Tiffany rolled her eyes. 

"If they're still together, I don't see why I would disapprove."

"You're serious?"

"I am. It's evident that those two clearly like each other a lot. They've shown it. Hell. They made me and Hyoyeon buy them matching couple jackets. If they wanna have , I say have at it."

There was a knock at the door. 

Tiffany sigh, "I'll get it." She got out of Jessica's embrace, walked out of the bedroom and into the living room to open the door. "Oh. I wasn't expecting you to drop by today."

"I know, but Tae was over at Hyo's house and I just happen to drop by. So I told Hyo that I was gonna drop Tae off. So here you go." Yuri smiled. 

"Thanks, but let me ask you something." Tiffany said. 

"Shoot. I'm all ears."

"Would you let Sunny and Taeyeon have ?"

"Have what?!" Yuri covered Taeyeon's ears with her hands. 

"I meant when they get older!" 

"Still! Never talk to me about something like that!--at least on in front of my child..." Yuri said a little bit unsure of herself. "Huh. I never really thought that Taeyeon and Sunny would be together for that long."

"But if the time comes, would you?" Tiffany probed. 

"No! I wouldn't wanna know when my daughter loses her ity!"

"Tiffany Hwang! Kwon Yuri!" Tiffany and Yuri cringed at the voice. "Stop talking about my daughter's ity and come inside so we can talk like adults about this situation!"

"Yes, dear." Tiffany sighed. 

"Coming, Sica." Yuri muttered miserably. "You'd think after the divorce, she'd stop talking to me like that." Tiffany tried to hide her laugh.

"Umma!" Taeyeon let go of Yuri's hand and jumped right into Jessica's arms. 

"My baby!" Jessica squealed with happiness as Taeyeon rightfully placed herself in Jessica's arms. "How was your play date with Sunny?"

"Good!" Taeyeon smiled. "We held hands and played in the mud."

"Where are your dirty clothes?"

"In Hyoyeon Umma's house. She said that she was going to wash them and Wifey's gonna give them back to me at school or tomorrow if she comes over." 

"Alright. It's your bedtime. Why don't you go brush your teeth and go to bed?"

"Yes, Umma."

"Say goodnight before you go to bed, okay?"

"Yes, Umma." Taeyeon dropped her backpack by the front door and headed to the bathroom. 

"Okay. So what's going on?" Yuri asked. Tiffany sighed and explained her entire situation with her little sister. "I say let her do what she wants."

"What?!" 

"Listen, Tiffany, you obviously are having this mother crisis."

"I am not."

"Yes you are." Yuri nodded. "When you look at Evelyn, you still see this little kid holding onto her teddy bear or blankie while her thumb. You're just living in your own little world. This is the real world." Yuri leaned back on the couch and motioned at her surroundings. "Evelyn and Seohyun have been together for how long now? 5 months? 6 months? Maybe even 7 months now? You know Seohyun. You know Evelyn. You need to know that what they're doing is the right thing. If Evelyn gets hurt, just try to catch her whichever way she falls and go from there."

"I hate to say it, but Yuri is right." Jessica agreed. 

"See? This is Philosophy 101 with the Professor Kwon." Yuri smiled. 

"But she's been spending the night at Seo's house for the past week and a half." Tiffany reasoned. 

"Wouldn't the reasonable assumption be that she's already lost her V-Card?" Yuri asked. 

"Please don't say that." Tiffany grabbed her stomach to stop herself from throwing up. 

"Relax. Having is a normal part of a healthy relationship. It's normal for humans to have ."

Tiffany glared, "How would you feel if your little sister had when she's 17?"

Yuri laughed, "I gave my sister a pack of condoms and took her to Planned Parenthood when she was 16!"

"Are you serious?"

"Of course I'm serious!" Yuri laughed even harder, then her face got serious. "Look. You can't stop them from having , but you can prevent them from getting STDS and all those wonderful things you get from having . You may not be able to stop them, but you can help keep them safe."

-----

" Warts." Tiffany pointed to a picture on her computer screen. 

"I think I'm gonna throw up." Evelyn covered and looked away. 

"Why are you showing us these things?!" Seohyun covered her eyes. 

"To show you all the things you two could get from having !" Tiffany said with an authoritative voice. "Hurry up and pull yourselves together. We still have 47 slides left."

"Please... I'm begging you. Stop this..." Evelyn begged. 

"Herpes." Tiffany clicked to the next slide. 

"Oh dear God!" Evelyn buried her face in Seohyun's shirt. 

"Pubic Lice." Tiffany clicked. "Or as you kids nowadays call it, Crabs."

"Can I go home now?" Seohyun raised her hand. 

"No!" Tiffany glared. "If you are bumping uglies with my baby sister, you need to be informed."

"But--"

"No buts." Tiffany clicked to the next slide. "Gonorrhea." 

"Give me a minute." Evelyn ran to the nearest bathroom.

"Take your time." Tiffany called. "It's a Saturday night. We have till Sunday to complete this slide show presentation."

-----

"Now that you've completed Tiffany's Education 101, we are now going to Planned Parenthood first thing tomorrow morning." Tiffany said. 

"Why?" Evelyn asked. 

"To make sure you two are extra safe."

"Why?"

"Because I love you and care about you."

"I liked it better when we were fighting."

Tiffany sighed. "Look, this isn't exactly frolicking in a field of green grass for me either, but I want you guys to be safe. I may not be able to prevent you from having , but I can help you guys be safe. Is that too much to ask?" She gave Seohyun and Evelyn a pleading look. 

Seohyun sighed, "No, it's not too much to ask."

"Seo!" Evelyn glared at her girlfriend. 

"Look, I know the way your sister did it was a bit..."

"Extreme?" Tiffany asked. 

"Sure. Why not? Let's go with extreme." Seohyun nodded at Tiffany's word choice. "She may have gone over the deep end by showing us very, very vivid and descriptive ually transmitted diseases slide show, but her heart was in the right place."

"Is this why you've been a little on the edge lately?" Evelyn asked. 

Tiffany took her sister's hands in hers, "You're my baby sister. I love you to pieces. I know whenever you get depressed, you rarely spend time at home, which is why I let you sleepover at Seohyun's place. Lately, I've been feeling like you're slowly slipping away from me, like I don't even know you anymore and that you're a completely different person from who you were when you first moved in with me."

"Is that a good change or a bad change?"

"I don't know, you tell me. Does it feel like a good change or does it feel like a bad change?"

"It feels like a good change. When I first moved in with you, I had to learn an entirely different language and relearn an entire new school, new neighborhood, new customs, new people. But being with Seohyun makes me feel at home. She reminds me of home. Our home." Evelyn motioned to Tiffany's small two bedroom house. She let go of Tiffany's hands and wrapped Seohyun's arms around herself. "Being in Seohyun's arms reminds me of how Leo used to hug me and whisper in my ears that everything was going to be alright. Her warmth reminds me of all those less lonely Holidays you, me and Mitch used to have back when I was still living in America and you two were living here in Korea. Seohyun gives off this protective feeling I get whenever I'm around Mitch. When she holds me close, it reminds me that even though I'm in this entirely new place, everything is going to be fine, just like how you took me in and told me everything was going to be fine."

"It's true." Seohyun smiled and hugged her girlfriend tighter. "The nights she slept over, she would spend most of them talking about you guys. She would tell me stories about the trouble you and Michelle Unnie would get into when you were younger. I believe that there was one incident where you two pretended to be a lesbian couple and Evelyn was your child."

"That was how Michelle landed her husband." Tiffany smiled at the memories. "Alright. You win. I'm sorry for over reacting and for being a crazy older sister. I promise to keep myself in check in the future."

"And?"

"I'm still taking you two to Planned Parenthood tomorrow. Just because we made up doesn't give you an excuse to get out of Tiffany's Education 101. You two have to complete the class before you get my approval."

"I thought I already had your approval." Seohyun looked confused. 

"She lied." Evelyn said. 

"What? Why?"

"That's water under the bridge. The point is that if you two want my trust again, you have to go through with this entire thing. Got it?" Tiffany looked at the couple, who nodded in agreement. "Good. Now, are you gonna be sleeping at Seohyun's house or ours tonight?" She asked Evelyn. 

She shrugged and looked at Seohyun, "Did you wanna sleep here tonight?" 

"It would be easier for tomorrow." Seohyun shrugged. "Sure, why not."

"Alright. You two can sleep on the couch where I can keep an eye on you." Tiffany said. 

"Thank you." Seohyun smiled. 

"I'll be back." Tiffany walked to their closer and came back with two blankets and three pillows.

"Why are there three?" Evelyn asked. 

"I'm sleeping here too." Tiffany showed her eye-smile. "Hands where I can see them at all times, Seohyun."