Me and my Baby

Me and my Baby

 

Tiffany's POV
 
"When are you going to get off your lazy and talk to her?"
 
"How long has it been?"
 
"A week. You need to talk to Jessica! This isn't good for you!" Michelle tried yanking the blankets off of me. "Holy ! When was the last time you took a shower?!"
 
"A week ago..."
 
"Thanksgiving is in two days. Why don't you invite Taeyeon and Jessica over to our place. It'll give you an excuse to talk to her." Michelle reasoned. 
 
"But I don't wanna talk to her." I whined. 
 
"Hello? Hi Jessica! This is Michelle. Tiffany would like to ask you a question." She threw the phone at my stomach and I groaned in pain. "Bye!" She smiled and pranced out of my room. 
 
"Oww..." I moaned. "ing , Michelle...." I clutched my stomach and rolled around in my bed while clutching my stomach. 
 
"Hello? Are you still there? Fany?"
 
"Hello...?" I groaned. 
 
"Are you alright?" My stomach tightened when I hear the voice I've been missing all week. 
 
"Yeah... Michelle just threw the phone at my stomach." 
 
"What did you want to ask me?"
 
"I was... Well, my sisters and I were actually wondering... Uhh... If you and Tae might want to come over to our house for Thanksgiving."
 
"Oh."
 
"But you don't have to if you don't want to!" I added quickly. "It was all Michelle's idea anyway. I knew it was stupid to ask you. You proba--"
 
"Sure." She laughed on the other side of the line. "You ramble when you're nervous ha?"
 
I blushed and scratched the back of my head, "Sorta..." I awkwardly laughed. 
 
"Can we meet up for a late lunch or something?"
 
"Why?"
 
"I need to talk to you about the interruption last week and I never gave you an answer."
 
"It's fine. I understand. No need to explain."
 
"No. You don't understand and I do need to explain. How about today around 2?"
 
I looked at the clock and it was almost 12. "Sure. Where?"
 
"I'll be picking you up." 
 
My heart stopped, "O-okay."
 
She laughed, "I'll see you in a couple of hours then."
 
"B-bye, J-Jessie."
 
There was a long silence in my room when Jessica hung up the phone. I was still holding the phone to my ear and my mouth was hanging open. All my senses were now awake. And holy crap. I smell horrible. 
 
I grabbed a towel from the linen closet and took the much needed shower. I decided to let my hair air dry and made my way to my closet. I glanced at the clock and frowned at the limited time I had. 1:37 PM. I rummaged through the closet until I smiled at my usual get-up. Leggings. Cardigan. Sweater underneath. Scarf. Beanie. Perfect. 
 
I walked over to my desk and applied very little makeup. Foundation and eyeliner. I smiled and winked at myself. I blushed and realized that I was going over the top. We aren't even dating. We're just two friends going out for coffee to talk about the incident last week. I walked back to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. 
 
"Where are you going and why are you dressed up?" Evelyn asked. 
 
"Jessie and I are going to grab a cup of coffee and talk about the incident that happened last week." I said. 
 
"At least you're out of your sweats." She smiled. "I have a pick-up line that you may want to use to Jessica Unnie."
 
"What is it?"
 
"Feel my coat." I gave her a weird look. "Go on. Don't be shy about it."
 
"Okay..." I reached out and felt her coat. 
 
"What do you think it's made out of?"
 
"Cott--"
 
"Girlfriend material!" Evelyn said. 
 
"What the hell?"
 
"Do you get it?" 
 
"You're hella dumb."
 
The doorbell suddenly rang. 
 
"It's probably Jessica." I walked away from my crazy little sister and opened the door. 
 
"Ready to go?" She smiled and held out her hand. 
 
I nodded and awkwardly shook her hand. "Yeah." I said, still shaking her hand. "You can tell me when to let go." I mumbled awkwardly. 
 
She smiled and intertwined our hands together, "Don't let go just yet." She walked us to her car that was parked in front of the house.  
 
"Keep her for as long as you'd like!" Evelyn shouted. She stood by the front door and waved at us with a stupid grin on her face. Jessica laughed and the sound resonated in my ears, causing me to smile. 
 
The ride in the car was silent. I uncomfortably shifted in the front seat and played with my thumbs. 
 
"Where are we going?"
 
"Out."
 
"Out where?"
 
"Somewhere."
 
"Which is?"
 
"A place on Earth." Jessica looked at my and smiled. I couldn't help but smile back, my crescent moon shaped eyes were starting to show. "You look beautiful when you smile."
 
 
"Th-thanks..." My attention was suddenly interested in the pattern of my brown boots. I felt my face heat up and looked out the window to distract myself, but I felt her eyes on the back of my head. 
 
The car suddenly stopped at the same park I saw Jessica sleeping under the tree. The same place I met Yuri for the first time. I clenched my fists, but calmed down when Jessica held my hand. I looked down at the sudden skinship and gave her a questioning look. 
 
"You seem to have a gift of coming in at the worst possible times." She laughed. I frowned. "Let me explain what happened last week."
 
"You don't need to."
 
"Say that one more time and I will wring your neck."
 
I jumped at the sudden authoritative Jessica sitting in front of me, "I'm sorry..."
 
"Anyway. Last week, Yuri was suppose to come over and pick Taeyeon up. But since you were over, I told her that Taeyeon was with Evelyn at the park. She has a quick temper as you may have already known. When she heard that you were coming, she got angry and stormed in."
 
"I'm sorry. I should've tried stopping her from taking you." I said softly. 
 
"No need to apologize. You get used to it after a while when you're with Yuri for more than I have."
 
"Can I ask you something?"
 
"Why did you stay with Yuri for so long?"
 
"Because she was all I ever knew. I was young and stupid. I believed it when she said we were going to be together forever." She laughed bitterly, "I started to see how much of an idiot I was around the time when Taeyeon was a year old."
 
"What happened?"
 
"Yuri started becoming more distant. She started coming home late saying she was working over time even though her paycheck stayed the same."
 
"You think there's someone else?"
 
Jessica stretched in her seat and looked me straight in the eye, "I wouldn't even doubt it. Can I ask you something?"
 
"Go for it."
 
"Why did you stop talking to me this week? Was it because Yuri randomly took me away from you and you thought that I still had feelings for her?"
 
I hesitantly took placed a hand over hers and gave her a small smile, "I-I was never good at these kinds of things. Last week, before Yuri interrupted, I was going to ask you. I was really, really nervous because I've never done something like that before. I obviously was nervous because I made a mistake of asking Seohyun, Sooyoung, Yoona and Michelle for dating advice. The reason I kept asking permission was because Seohyun said it was the polite thing to do and she said women love it when you ask a lot of questions. And Sooyoung told me not move too quickly or I'd scare you away. And Yoona told me not to smile or you would've caught on to the plan. And Michelle told me not to act like myself because you might nor like the real me." I said sadly and hung my head low. I couldn't bare to see the look in her eyes. 
 
"I think you're awkward." She laughed. 
 
"How is that funny?"
 
"You're adorably awkward." She kept laughing. 
 
"Stop laughing at me!" I crossed my arms and looked out the window. 
 
"I'm sorry." She laughed, but it eventually died down. "I'm sorry."
 
I held my position and refused to look at her. 
 
"Please look at me, Tiffany."
 
"No."
 
"Please?"
 
Silence. 
 
"Fine." She got out of the car and walked over to my side and opened the door. 
 
"What are y--"
 
She leaned in and kissed me. My eyes widened. I felt her lips move against mine. I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around her neck. She unbuckled and my seatbelt and crawled on top of me. 
 
"What are you doing?" I asked breathlessly. 
 
"Relax." She smiled breathlessly and closed the car door. She pulled the lever beside my seat. I felt my back slowly getting lower and lower until I was lying down. "I just wanna kiss you."
 
"Oh. Okay." I panted. 
 
She smiled and caressed my cheeks with both her hands. My hands instinctively landed on her hips and pulled her body on top of mine. Our lips met once again, but it was a more heated kiss. She slipped her tongue in my mouth, but I suddenly panicked at the invader in my mouth. 
 
"Woah!" I pulled away and looked at her a little horrified. 
 
"What's wrong?" She asked sadly. "Did I do something wrong?"
 
"N-no! It's just-- I'm-- I can't--."
 
"Shut up and let me lead then." 
 
"I'm so confused right now." 
 
"What are you confused about?"
 
"What are we?"
 
"What do you mean?" She got off me as I sat up. 
 
I opened the door to let all the hear in the car out. I guess Jessica took that differently because she got off my lap. But I held her down and wrapped my arms around her waist, "What are we? What would you label us as?"
 
She shrugged. 
 
"You're not very much help here. The last relationship I've ever had was in high school and even then that only lasted a month."
 
"You haven't dated anyone since then?"
 
"Well... I've gone on dates with other people, but I was never actually in a relationship with any of them."
 
"I thought for sure you'd have more experience at this."
 
"Nope."
 
"Hey, don't look at me. I've only been with one person my entire life. You can't possibly ask me how this relationship stuff works." She held her hands up. 
 
"Jessie?"
 
"Hm?"
 
"Feel my coat."
 
"Why?"
 
"Just do it, woman."
 
She glared at me. 
 
"Please?"
 
She felt my coat. "What now?"
 
"What does it feel like to you?"
 
"Cott--"
 
"Girlfriend material."
 
She busted out laughing, "Oh my God! Taeyeon told me to do that to you too!"
 
I started laughing and rested the side of my cheek on her shoulder and rested my nose on her neck. I felt the vibrations from her laughter on my nose. "Jessica Jung, would you like to be my girlfriend?"
 
She grabbed my face and planted a kiss. It was just a kiss. We both smiled at each other and touched our foreheads and noses together. 
 
"Yes, Tiffany Hwang. I will be your girlfriend."
 
"Are you still coming over for Thanksgiving?"
 
She laughed and nodded.