Me and my Baby

Me and my Baby

 

Tiffany's POV
 
"Do you guys have everything?" I asked. "Sunny, Taeyeon, do you two have jackets? It's gonna be cold at the park today."
 
The two shorties nodded. 
 
"Let's go over out checklist one last time." I said opening the backpack. 
 
"Drinks and snacks?" Taeyeon asked. 
 
"Check." I said. 
 
"First aid kit?" Sunny asked. 
 
"Check."
 
"Soccer ball?" Taeyeon asked. 
 
"Check." 
 
"Frizz bee?" Sunny asked. 
 
"Check."
 
"I think we're all set, Appa." Taeyeon smiled. 
 
"Alright. Go grab your jackets and I'll meet you two in the car." I patted their heads and repackage everything in the backpack. 
 
I opened the trunk and placed the backpack in there. I looked at the two toddlers in the back seat and frowned. 
 
"Are you guys sure you don't need an extra jacket? It's gonna get colder later on in the day." I said. 
 
"We're fine, Unnie. These jackets are pretty warm." Sunny smiled. 
 
"Alright." I shrugged and started the car. "Any music you guys like to listen to?"
 
"Can we listen to hipster music?" Sunny said. 
 
"Hipster music? What's that?" I asked.  
 
She shrugged, "Beats me. My older sister calls the music she listens to hipster music. I was just wondering if you had that kind of music."
 
Taeyeon laughed, "Silly Sunny, Appa doesn't listen to that kind of music. She listens to old people music."
 
"Old people music?! I'll have you know that I'm only 25, the same age as your Umma." I glared at the two in the back. 
 
"Umma listens to old people music." Taeyeon said. 
 
"Mine does too." Sunny nodded. 
 
"We're here, you ungrateful maggots." I pulled up to the parking lot and unlocked the car. 
 
"Yay!" The two cheered in the back. 
 
"Now remember to be nice with the other kids. Taeyeon, since you're the husband, you have to make sure your wife is safe from harm because that's what a good husband does. Sunny, as the wife, you have to make sure that your dorky husband doesn't hurt herself when she's out doing what she normally does. Don't talk to strangers. Just scream my name if you need me. If you're hungry, I'll be over there sitting on that bench with your drinks and snacks. Got it?" 
 
"Yes, Appa."
 
"Yes, Unnie."
 
"Good. Now go have fun." I expected the two to run off, but instead  I was tackled to the ground by two shorties. "Woah! What are you two doing?" I laughed. 
 
"We wanna play with Appa!" Taeyeon said hugging me tighter. 
 
"Yeah! That's why we came to the park. I wanna play with Unnie too!" Sunny pouted. 
 
I laughed, "What would you guys like to play?"
 
"Frizz bee!" They smiled. 
 
I reached in my backpack and flung the frizz bee out in the grass. I laughed when I saw the two of them running after it. I strapped the backpack on my back and ran after them. I left it under a shady tree and tried to catch up to the two of them. 
 
"Over here!" Sunny shouted waving her arms frantically up in the air, "Hurry before Unnie catches me!"
 
"Run, Sunny!" Taeyeon yelled as she flung the disc in the air. 
 
"Better catch it, Sunny!" I shouted, running towards her. 
 
"NOOOOO!" Sunny shouted when I grabbed her and threw her up in the air. When I caught her in my arms, she was already laughing her adorable high pitch laugh which caused me to laugh with her. 
 
"My turn!" Taeyeon tried climbing on me. I lost my balance at the sudden weight causing the three of us to fall flat on the grass with the two children on top of me. 
 
"Look!" I pointed to a cloud. "It looks like a dragon eating spaghetti."
 
Taeyeon giggled, "That one looks like a cloud!"
 
Sunny and I laughed. "They're all clouds, Taeyeon."
 
"Appa?"
 
"Yes, baby girl?"
 
"Can you do me a favor?"
 
"Of course. What is it?"
 
"Can you keep calling me 'baby girl?'" 
 
I smiled, "Of course, baby girl."
 
"I'll always be your baby girl right?"
 
"Do you see another baby girl here?"
 
"Yes." Sunny said. "I'm your baby girl too!"
 
"But you're my Sunshine."
 
"I am?"
 
"Of course!" I sat up and placed each child on my lap. "Taeyeon is my baby girl and you are my Sunshine."
 
"How am I your sunshine?"
 
"Because you will always shine brighter than the sun."
 
"You really think so?"
 
"I know so." I smiled. 
 
"Can I call you Appa too?" Sunny asked. 
 
"I don't see why you can't."
 
"I didn't want to because you were Taeyeonie's Appa first. I didn't want to steal you from her." Sunny looked down and played with the grass. 
 
"I don't mind sharing Appa, Sunshine." Taeyeon grinned. "Since you're my wife, what's mine is yours and what's yours is mine. We have to learn how to share everything if we're gonna get married someday, right?"
 
"Right!" Sunny laughed. 
 
"C'mon. Let's go eat your snacks. It's already 7:30." I easily lifted the two children in my arms and carried them back underneath the tree. 
 
They dug inside the backpack and took the snack and drink of their liking. And I got the leftovers. Sunny sneezed and then sniffled. 
 
"Aigoo. I told you guys you were gonna get sick if you didn't bring an extra jacket." I shook my head as I took my jacket and covered Sunny with it. "Is that warm enough?"
 
Sunny smiled and nodded, "Thanks, Appa."
 
"No problem, my little Sunshine."
 
Then Taeyeon sneezed. "I'm sorry, Appa. We'll listen to you next time."
 
"Bring a jacket when I tell you." I sighed and took off my other jacket, leaving me with nothing but my regular t-shirt and a scarf. 
 
"Aren't you cold?" Sunny asked. 
 
"O-of course n-not." I managed a smile. "Now hurry up and finish your food so we can go back to the house in time for some real dinner."
 
The two ate fairly fast. We walked back to the car with them still wearing my jackets. I blasted the heater in the car in order for me to get some warmth. 
 
When we got home, it was already around 8:30 and Jessica was going to be home soon. And Sunny's mother had called saying that her boss is making her work an extra couple of hours, so she wouldn't be able to pick Sunny up till 9:30. 
 
I looked back and saw the two kids sleeping with my jacket securely wrapped around them. I smiled and carried Sunny back to the apartment first. Then Taeyeon. I locked my car door. And the front door of the apartment before placing Taeyeon on the couch with Sunny. I bent over to put her down when I realized that she had arms an legs wrapped around me and there was no way she was going to be able to let go of me, even if I forced her. I sighed and just sat on the couch with her still hugging me. A couple of minutes later, her grip loosened, but Sunny had somehow placed herself underneath my other arm. 
 
I sighed and just let the two kids sleep under my arms and protectively hugged them. 
 
I eventually felt myself drifting off to my dreamland with my baby girl and sunshine.