Me and my Baby

Me and my Baby

"Where are you going?"

 
"I'm going to the grocery store to pick up some food for the rest of the week."
 
"Can I come?"
 
"Me too."
 
Tiffany looked at the young couple, "Since when have you ever wanted to go grocery shopping with me?"
 
Evelyn shrugged, "I just wanna spend some time with my older sister and making sure that she's okay."
 
"And I just want to spend some time with my girlfriend and helping her make sure that her older sister is alright." Seohyun smiled innocently.
 
"I get that you two are worried about me, but I'm fine. I just came to a realization that there isn't a point in me just staying home and lying in bed all depressed when I could be doing something else. So from now on, I will keep my mind occupied."
 
"With what?"
 
"From now on, we will no longer be eating out for dinner, instead, we are going to cook our own dinners now. So whenever you're hungry, just go to the garden and make yourself a salad." Tiffany smiled.
 
"A salad? You expect me to eat salad?" Evelyn asked in disbelief.
 
"Yes." Tiffany nodded her head, "I figured that tending to the garden will help me keep my mind occupied and it will help us eat healthier. Besides, it's quiet and relaxing back there so it helps lower down your blood pressure."
 
"But you haven't been much upkeep with the garden for the past few months."
 
"That's because I've been busy. Now that I'm no longer busy, I finally have time to get back to my gardening and make tidy the place up a bit." Tiffany nodded in approval, "Besides, I'm not a fan of having the house this messy."
 
Evelyn and Seohyun looked around the house. Ever since Evelyn moved in, there had been a few changes in the house's interior design. Shoes were carelessly placed by the door, not longer neatly placed next to the door frame perpendicular to the wall. The healthy snacks and muffins Tiffany used to make were all gone by the time the week was halfway over, leaving the teenager will almost nothing to eat for the remaining half of the week. The couch that used to not half a pillow and a blanket now had both because of all the times Seohyun had slept over. The garden that was once flourishing with life was now barely alive. Tiffany sighed.
 
"I really need to get this place straightened out before I do anything else."
 
"You plan on cleaning all day?" Evelyn raised an eyebrow.
 
"Is there a problem with me cleaning all day?"
 
She shook her head and held Seohyun's hand, "While you clean, Seo and I are gonna go on an overdue date. We're gonna go grocery shopping afterwards."
 
"Ahh, young people living the dream. I never knew that grocery shopping would be so romantic nowadays." Tiffany said fondly.
 
"We are?"
 
"We are."
 
"Have fun and be safe you two." Tiffany called as the two headed for the door.
 
-----
 
"I'm surprised that you left her that easily." Seohyun said as they two of them walked through the park.
 
Evelyn shrugged, "I feel like I should be giving Steph her space. The last thing she needs on her plate is a sister up to her neck of worry. Besides, if she does need something, then she'll tell me when she's ready."
 
The two walked in silence. Trees covered the sides of the walkway in the park where small bursts of sunlight escape through the leafs. The young couple walked hand in hand as they made their way through the park. Seohyun slowly moved Evelyn closer to her body and draped an arm loosely over her shoulders and rested her chin on the top of her younger girlfriend's head. She smiled and felt content with her life. Evelyn felt Seohyun wrap her arm over her and hugged her waist as they continued to walk.
 
"We needed this." Seohyun said, finally breaking the silence between the two.
 
Evelyn nodded, "Now that Steph and Sica Unnie aren't together, does that mean that we're the power couple?"
 
"We're still competing with Sunny and Tae." Seohyun laughed.
 
"Should we go back and check on Steph?" Evelyn broke away from Seohyun, but her girlfriend quickly hugged her again.
 
"You're worrying again. C'mon, Lynn, we should just take this time to relax and just clear our minds and just let loose for a bit. Is that too much to ask?"
 
The younger one sighed and nodded, "I guess you're right. I'm overthinking again."
 
"Just a bit." Seohyun grinned and kissed her cheek. "C'mon, let's walk another round and then we can go grocery shopping. I'm sure we're going to find Unnie gardening or cooking or something like that."
 
The brunette reluctantly nodded her head and kept walking with her girlfriend in the serene walkway of the park in silence. The taller one smiled and went back to the same position they were earlier before Evelyn decided to break away from her.
 
"Unnie!" A familiar voice called from a distance.
 
Evelyn and Seohyun turned their heads in the direction that the voice had called. They both saw a tiny figure running towards them while its arms were flailing in the air. 
 
"Little Tae?" Seohyun looked at Evelyn who just shurgged.
 
"It could be Sunny." Evelyn laughed.
 
"Unnies!" A short brown haired girl grinned.
 
Evelyn once again broke away from Seohyun to hug the little girl, "Hey, Tae! It's been a while hasn't it?"
 
Taeyeon grinned in her previous babysitter's arms, "It's been too long, Unnie. I missed you guys."
 
"You lost your two front teeth!" Evelyn gasped as she held her in her embrace. "How did that happen? Did Sunny punch you in the face again?" She joked.
 
"No!" Taeyeon laughed. "Wifey would never punch me. I ate too much candy and these two teeth started to wiggle and eventually Umma had to pull them out."
 
"Where is your Umma?" Seohyun asked.
 
Taeyeon pointed to the distance. The two older women had to squint their eyes to see where the little girl was pointing. Sure enough, there was a figure sitting under a tree with a small basket next to her.
 
"She's under our tree." Taeyeon yawned. "I'm just gonna sleep here. This spot is comfy." 
 
Evelyn stared at the child in her arms who was already using her chest as a resting place. She looked at her girlfriend who had an amused expression on her face.
 
"She isn't wrong. That place is pretty comfortable to sleep on." She shrugged and wrapped her arm around Evelyn once again. "We should probably return her to her mother before she starts wondering where her little ert has gone to."
 
Evelyn glared at her girlfriend, "For someone who acts really innocent, you sure are just as bad as my sister."
 
"Only because my girlfriend is so hot." Seohyun kissed the top of her head. "You are the best thing that has ever happened to me."
 
Evelyn brushed, "If I wasn't holding Tae, you would be on the ground right now."
 
Seohyun laughed and continued walking with Evelyn to the sleeping figure underneath the shady tree. She bent over and gently shook the sleeping figure. The figure slowly began to wake up and looked at her surroundings a bit confused. She looked up and saw two figures looking down at her and one of them was carrying a sleeping child in her arms. She rubbed her eyes and looked at the figure holding a child in her arms, it looked an awful lot like her child. The figure yawned and stretched herself out before she was able to completely comprehend what was actually going on around her.
 
"You think she realizes that we've been standing here for 15 minutes?" Evelyn whispered.
 
Seohyun shrugged, "Beats me."
 
The sleeping child in Evelyn's arms began to stir. A loud yawn soon followed suit and two brown eyes opened their eyes and looked up at Evelyn. The woman holding the child looked back with the same gaze and smiled.
 
"Good morning, Tae. How was your nap?"
 
"It was nice." Taeyeon mumbled and lazily rubbed her eyes.
 
"Well, we know where she gets that from." Seohyun laughed. "C'mon, Tae. Let's try to wake your mom up." She bent down to level with the sleeping woman and gently shook her by the shoulders. "Unnie... you need to wake up."
 
"UMMA!" Taeyeon screamed. "WAKE UP NOW. N.O.W. NOW!"
 
Jessica suddenly bolted awake, "What?! Where?!"
 
"Good morning, Umma!" Taeyeon grinned and jumped up and down in order to get her mother to pick her up.
 
Jessica sighed and picked her daughter up. It wasn't till then that she noticed two figures standing in front of her, "Oh. What are you two doing here?"
 
"We decided to go on a date and we were gonna go get groceries afterwards." Seohyun explained.
 
"That's your idea of a date?" Jessica raised an eyebrow.
 
"We can't really go anywhere far away." Evelyn said quietly, her eyes looking at the grass under her feet.
 
"Oh." Jessica nodded in understanding. "How is she?" She asked slowly.
 
"She's finally out of her sweats." Seohyun scratched the back of her head, "I guess that's a start, right?"
 
Jessica frowned. "I didn't want to end things like this."
 
"So you were planning on ending it anyway?" Evelyn piped up.
 
"I was. I have to think about Taeyeon and my future too and going to America will be good for Taeyeon. I want her to be a well-rounded person when she grows up and that means that I have to put her before anyone else. As a parent, I have to always think about my child first, even if that means that I have to raise her alone or with Yuri or with Tiffany, it doesn't matter because they will never truly understand that you have to make sacrifices when you have a child. Besides, I don't want Taeyeon to stay in one place. I want her to make other connections that aren't just here in Korea. I want her to be successful and going to America is the best place to do it."
 
"Will you come back?" Evelyn asked.
 
"I don't know yet." Jessica answered.