Me and my Baby

Me and my Baby

 

"Yuri-Appa?"
 
"Yuri?"
 
"Long time no see, Sicababy."
 
"What are you doing here?"
 
"I came to see my daughter. Is that bad?"
 
"It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't just pack your things and left."
 
"I came here to make amends with little Tae. Is that so bad?"
 
"Yes." Tiffany spoke up. 
 
"And who might you be?" Yuri asked. 
 
"My new Appa." Taeyeon hugged Tiffany by the legs. 
 
"Yeah. I'm Jessie's girlfriend." Tiffany smiled and wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me close. 
 
"Can we talk privately? The three of us as a family?" Yuri asked glaring at Tiffany. 
 
I looked down at Taeyeon who was still hugging Tiffany's legs. She looked at me and climbed into my arms. Tiffany let go of my waist and gave me a reassuring smile. I returned her smile and hugged Taeyeon tightly. 
 
"I'll wait by the car." She gave me a quick peck on the cheek, causing me to immensely blush. 
 
"Umma... I think she likes you." Taeyeon whispered in my ear. 
 
"We'll talk more about that later tonight." I whispered back. 
 
Once Tiffany left, there was an awkward silence between Yuri and I. It felt strange seeing the woman I fell in love with so many years ago standing in front of me after being gone for nearly three years. 
 
"C-can I hold her?" Yuri asked awkwardly. 
 
"No."
 
"Please? I just wanna see how much my daughter has grown." She begged, tears formed in her eyes. 
 
I reluctantly let go of Taeyeon and transferred her from my arms into Yuri's. Yuri gasped and buried her face in Taeyeon's hair. 
 
"I missed you so much, my little ert. I remember when you were just starting to walk and you would always grab my shirt." Yuri laughed and wiped her tears, "I still can't believe your very first word was '.' Did you miss Appa?"
 
Taeyeon slowly shook her head, "I thought you weren't coming back anymore. That's why I let Auntie Tiffany become my new Appa."
 
"But I loved you first. I loved you and your Umma first."
 
"If you loved us, then, why did you leave us?"
 
"Because I'm a stupid Appa. I still love your Umma very much. I still love you too, Tae Tae. Can you ever forgive your foolish Appa?"
 
"I'm sorry, Appa. But you left us. Appa wasn't there when I scraped my knee riding my very first bike without training wheels, Umma was. Appa wasn't there to make the monsters in my bad dreams go away, Umma was. Appa wasn't there on my first day of school, Umma was. It's always been Umma, Appa. She's my favorite Umma and Appa." Taeyeon got out of Yuri's arms and went back into mine. 
 
"Taeyeon..." 
 
"Appa made Umma cry. Umma is only allowed to be happy, not sad. You made Umma sad and because you made Umma sad, you made me sad too."
 
"Sica..."
 
"Taeyeon's right, Yuri. You left us. Why are you suddenly coming back now? We were both just starting to get over you and move on with our lives."
 
"Because I still love you. I regret filing those divorce papers. I regret separating. I regret everything I did in the past. I never should've fallen out of love with you. Please. Give me a second chance. That's all I'm asking."
 
I shook my head, "You had your second chance. But instead of trying to fix it, I ended up with divorce papers on my doorstep."
 
"Can I still see Tae?"
 
"Only if she wants to see you."
 
She nodded, "I have the same number. Please call me if you ever need anything." 
 
Taeyeon and I looked at Yuri walking away, once again. Only this time, it didn't hurt as much. 
 
"Should we go back to Auntie Tiffany?"
 
"You mean Appa Tippany?"
 
I smiled, "Yes. Appa Tiffany."