Me and my Baby

Me and my Baby

 

"What are you suppose to do?"
 
"Say please and thank you."
 
"What are you not suppose to do?"
 
"Curse in front of the teacher and the other kids."
 
"Why?"
 
"Because it's bad."
 
"And?"
 
"I can only do it when Umma is around to make sure I'm using it correctly."
 
"Who's picking you up after school?"
 
"Auntie Krystal."
 
"Who isn't picking you up from school?"
 
"A random stranger with a white van who will probably me or worse."
 
"Speaking of . What are you not suppose to do?"
 
"I can't touch other people's butts." She sighed sadly. 
 
"Why?"
 
"Because it's considered and -ult."
 
"I see what you did there."
 
"I learn from the best."
 
"That's my girl." I held her little hand tightly in mine as we got closer to her classroom. Who knew her first day of kindergarten would be so hard on me. 
 
"Umma?"
 
"Yes baby girl?"
 
"Why can't you pick me up from school again?"
 
I bent down to my daughter's level and hugged her, "I have work baby. Don't worry. By next week, I'll be able to pick you up AND drop you off. How does that sound?"
 
"Yay!" She jumped into my arms and hugged me tightly around the neck with her short, scrawny arms. 
 
"Have an awesome day at school and remember..."
 
"Umma loves me and I'm the only girl in the world who will never break her heart."
 
"And?"
 
"That I, Jung Taeyeon was destined to lead the world."
 
"What else you little brat?"
 
"Umma, saranghae!" She held up her two arms over her head and formed a heart. Her toothy grin made me laugh and hugged her tightly. 
 
"I love you too, baby girl." I kissed her forehead. "Muuuuuah~!"
 
"Umma~!" She whined, "Big girls get kisses on the cheek, not on the forehead."
 
"I'm sorry, big girl." I smiled and kissed both her cheeks. 
 
"You forgot the top of my head."
 
"I thought big girls only got kisses on the cheek."
 
"I know." She smiled sheepishly, "I just want you to give me more kisses."
 
I grabbed her and made my kisses rain. I kissed my daughter in every possible spot on her face and finally let go. "Alright. You have kisses. Now, remember what we talked about in the car. Be good. I'll see you shortly after Auntie Krystal picks you up. I love you and have a wonderful day at school."
 
"Bye Umma!" She waved as she walked into her classroom. 
 
I waved back with a sad smile on my face knowing that my little girl won't be so little anymore. I waited until she was fully inside her classroom when I made my way back to my car. My heart hurt seeing the car seat empty and my little dork not sitting in it. 
 
"Don't worry, Jessica. You'll be seeing your little dork in a few short hours."
 
A few short hours later....
 
"Ugh! That felt like forever!" I whined loudly in my car. "I love my job, but it sometimes."
 
I got all my things, not bothering to say goodbye to any of my co-workers. The only thing on my mind right now was getting Taeyeon from Krystal's apartment. I got all my things and sped my way to my sister's place. 
 
My heart dropped when I saw the amount of traffic. I impatiently tapped my fingers on the steering wheel and glared at the traffic. I rubbed the sides of my head trying to relief the stress the traffic jam was giving me. Why is life making it so hard for me to be reunited with me daughter again? All I wanted to know is how her first day of school was... I slumped in my seat sulking about my life. 
 
"Move! Damn traffic. This needs to hurry up!" I yelled in my car. "Ugh!"
 
After a good 45 minutes, the traffic was gone and I sped my way to Krystal's apartment. I did something I've never done in my entire 25 years of living. I ran up the stairs. I fixed myself first before I rang the doorbell. Funny. I hear four voices. It was usually just Amber, Krystal and Taeyeon. I thought of who the fourth voice might me, but it didn't sound familiar. 
 
I rang the doorbell and the door immediately opened. I was expecting an adult, but the figure who greeted me was none other than my little dork. 
 
"Umma!!" She jumped up and down until I scooped her up in my arms and hugged her tightly. 
 
"This little ert has been sitting by the door." Amber laughed. 
 
"Why?"
 
"She was waiting for you. I told her you were going to be here around 2, but since it's almost 3, she got worried."
 
"Aww. Baby. I'm sorry I made you worry."
 
Taeyeon had tears in her eyes, "Umma. I thought you were gonna leave like Yuri-Appa."
 
I glared at her, "Listen to me. I will never leave you like Yuri. You got that? I was just stuck in traffic."
 
She nodded and hugged me even tighter. 
 
"Who's your friend?" I asked Amber and Krystal. 
 
"Oh! My name is Hwang Miyoung. But please, call me Tiffany." She held her hand out but retracted it when she realized that I still had Taeyeon in my arms. 
 
"Hi I'm Jung Sooyeon, but please call me Jessica." I placed Taeyeon on her feet and shook Tiffany's hand. 
 
"Can we go home now? Tae Tae is sleepy." Taeyeon rubbed her eyes and gave a big yawn. 
 
"You took a nap for an hour when you got here. How are you still sleepy?" Krystal asked. 
 
"A five year old needs her booty sleep." Taeyeon yawned and crawled into my loving embrace. 
 
"Yah. Don't sleep yet. Umma still has to know what you did today." I poked her cheek. 
 
"Oh yeah!" Her face suddenly brightened, "I was just kidding Auntie Krystal. I'm not sleepy anymore. Umma keeps me awake."
 
Krystal rolled her eyes and handed me Taeyeon's backpack and lunch bag, "I'll see you two again tomorrow." Krystal and Amber waved.
 
"It was nice meeting the both of you." Tiffany smiled and waved. 
 
"It was nice meeting you too, Tiffany."
 
I carried Taeyeon's backpack and lunch bag and held her hand as we made our way to the car. 
 
"What did you do today?"
 
"I made a new friend! Her name is Sunkyu, but she likes to be called Sunny. How come you, Auntie Krystal, Auntie Amber and Auntie Tiffany all have an English name like Sunny but I don't?"
 
"That's because you're special." I opened the door for her and closed it. 
 
"But I wanna have an English name too!"
 
"What did you have in mind?"
 
"Hmm... Can my new name be Tera?"
 
"Why Tera?"
 
"Because she's my favorite character from Teen Titans."
 
"You dork. She was only there for four episodes."
 
"So? She's still cool!"
 
"You think people will call you Tera?"
 
"No, but I just wanna say 'Hello. My name is Tera Jung, but please call me Taeyeon.'"
 
"You dork."
 
"But I'm your only dork."
 
"Pretty much."