Me and my Baby

Me and my Baby

 

Jessica's POV
 
With Yoona and Seohyun sitting with Tiffany and Sooyoung sitting next to Yoona, Yuri, Taeyeon and I had to sit across the table. I sat in front of Seohyun, Yuri sat in front of Tiffany and Taeyeon sat in front of Yoona. The sound of metallic utensils clashing with the glass plate was deafening.  
 
"Umm..." The entire table suddenly stopped moving and looked at me. I uncomfortably shifted in my seat and gave Tiffany a small smiled, "The food is really delicious."
 
"Thanks. I made it." Yuri smiled. 
 
"I just made that." Tiffany pointed to Sooyoung and Yoona's plate. They were the only ones who got to eat what she had made because they took the plate and halved it. Poor Seohyun didn't even get to taste Tiffany's cooking along with the rest of us. 
 
Taeyeon eyed the two shikshins in wonder and awe, "Unnies, how do you stay so skinny? Where does all the food go? Is there a black hole in your stomach? Are you aliens?!" 
 
"They might as well be." Seohyun and Tiffany said together. 
 
Yoona glared at then with a mouthful of her food, "Duhn't shay anyfing."
 
"You're the one who looks like a chipmunk with food in your mouth."  Seohyun rolled her eyes. 
 
"Isn't Michelle Unnie and Evelyn coming tomorrow night?" Sooyoung asked. 
 
Tiffany nodded, "Why?"
 
"Michelle Unnie promised me the next time she comes back to Korea that she was going to ride all the rides with me and Yoona!" Sooyoung beamed, "She said you, Seo and Evie can come too."
 
"Gee, I didn't think we weren't going to be invited..." Seohyun rolled her eyes. 
 
"Michelle and Evelyn?" I asked. 
 
Tiffany nodded, "My sisters. Michelle is 27 and Evelyn is 17."
 
"So how old are you?"
 
"25. Why?"
 
"How come Evelyn is 17? Shouldn't she be 20 or something?" I asked. 
 
"You see, after my parents had me, they decided to wait a few years before trying again. So Evelyn was a planned baby, but my dad was hoping for a boy, but instead we ended up with her." Tiffany laughed. 
 
"But why are they in the States and you're not?" I asked. 
 
"Because I came here on a scholarship."
 
"Yeah! Unnie won a medical scholarship thingy, but since she didn't like the medical field, she decided to go into culinary." Yoona smiled. 
 
"Ppany is really something. She started high school here and lived in a dorm with Michelle Unnie for a bit, but then Unnie had to go back to the States because her husband's work needed her there." Sooyoung nodded. 
 
"So you decided to go culinary instead of medical?" I asked. 
 
She nodded. 
 
"But how did you change majors if your scholarship was for medical?"
 
"The man who sponsored me didn't have any kids and his wife had passed away a couple of years prior to that. So he decided to join the scholarship program where you can sponsor a student and help them pay for college and stuff. Since I never specified my major, I was able to switch." Tiffany explained. 
 
"So he just paid for you, just like that?" I asked. 
 
She nodded, "It really wasn't that hard. I just had to cook for him and do a couple of chores for him around the house. And after my sister moved back go the States, he let me stay with him until I found a job and studied for college."
 
"I used to be the star athlete in college. I got into Seoul University on a full-ride scholarship." Yuri boasted. 
 
"No way! Soo Unnie got into Seoul with a scholarship for Track and Field!" Yoona grinned. "What was your scholarship for?"
 
"It was for Soccer." Yuri smiled. "Which school did you get into, Tiffany?" Yuri asked with a smirk. 
 
"I didn't go to a public college."
 
"You didn't?"
 
She shook her head, "I went to a private college."
 
"Which college?" I asked. 
 
She blushed and shook her head. 
 
"Aw c'mon! You have to tell us now." Yuri coaxed, "Or are you afraid to tell us because it isn't as good at Seoul or Gangnam?" 
 
"Yuri, stop it." I gave her a glare. 
 
"What? If she isn't going to tell us, it obviously isn't better than Seoul or Gangnam. She's probably too ashamed."
 
"Knock it off, Yuri."
 
"Alright. Alright. I'll drop it." 
 
Silence soon followed. 
 
"Which college, Tiffany?" Yuri asked again. 
 
"Gaiyon Private College..." Tiffany said under her breath. 
 
Yuri's fork fell out of her hand and her jaw hung open. 
 
Gaiyon University is where the best of the best go. Tiffany can't just be a chef, she must be a genius too. In order to get in, you had to have 100 hours of community service for every year in high school, you had to score a perfect on the SAT, ACT, and take all five of the SAT subject tests and get at least an 8 or above. And score a 9 out of 9 on the AP tests. You also had to speak two different languages fluently. 
 
Not only are the standards and requirements difficult to achieve, but if you met them all, you were able to get into the college on a full scholarship, along with food and dorming already being provided because so many rich companies and businesses sponsored that school of geniuses. 
 
Tiffany Hwang. You are seriously something else. 
 
"Were you valedictorian for your class?" Yuri asked. 
 
Tiffany shook her head. 
 
Yuri snorted, "I graduated top of my class and valedictorian. What happened Hwang? I thought you were suppose to be a genius."
 
"Ppany decided to graduate ahead of her class. She went in Gaiyon University as a sophomore because of all the AP classes and summer classes she took when she was in high school. The dean had asked her to speak as valedictorian, but she declined it." Sooyoung explained. 
 
"Why did you decline it?" I asked. 
 
"Because I hate writing speeches. I can never be inspirational." Tiffany laughed and scratched the back of her head. 
 
"Dammit Hwang!" Yuri slammed her hands in the table, causing everyone to jump in their seats. 
 
"What'd  I do?" 
 
"Forget it." Yuri grabbed her car keys. The door slammed loudly as she exited the house and the screeching of the tires followed shortly after.  
 
"I-I should probably get going too. I have a long walk ahead of me." Seohyun said slowly. 
 
"Me too." Yoona quickly added, "Seo, I'll walk you to your door."
 
"I'll walk you there too." Sooyoung agreed. 
 
Tiffany rolled her eyes, "Make sure you guys take some food home because there's a lot of food left."
 
"Right!" Sooyoung and Yoona smiled and started stuffing a large sized container with food. 
 
"Have fun walking Seobaby next door. Don't get . Drive home safely." Tiffany smiled and waved. 
 
"I'm sorry for Yuri's behavior. You kind of get used to that after a while." I said after they all left. I made sure Taeyeon was occupied by something before I spoke. 
 
"You mean that that wasn't an act of jealousy?" 
 
"It probably was, but I don't know."
 
"It's fine. I understand. She's still in love with you, I mean, who wouldn't be? You're perfect."
 
I felt myself blush, "Thanks."
 
"I'll see soon, alright?"
 
"How soon?"
 
"How soon do you want to see me?"
 
I shrugged, "How about tomorrow for brunch?"
 
She shook her head, "I'm busy for the next couple of weeks because my sisters are coming to Korea to visit me. Would you like to meet them?"
 
"Would they want to meet me?"
 
She shrugged, "I guess we'll find out tomorrow."