Me and my Baby

Me and my Baby

 

Seohyun's POV
 
I was walking back to my house after my afternoon jog when I heard a loud crash in Tiffany's house. I looked in the driveway and her car wasn't there, meaning she wasn't home. I frantically knocked on the door. I nearly died when I saw the person opening it. 
 
Evelyn had cookie dough all over her face and a sheepish grin plaster with it. Taeyeon and Sunny had cookie dough all over their hair and faces. It was the cutest thing ever. 
 
"Good afternoon, Unnie." Taeyeon and Sunny said together. 
 
"Hello, Seo."
 
I cocked my head sideways. Evelyn was being formal. What happened to "What up, Unicorn?" or a random fact I always get whenever we talk to each other. This is weird. I miss weird Evelyn. I tried hiding my disappointment knowing that things may never be the same between us ever since she found out I liked her. 
 
"What are you guys doing?" I peeked through the door. 
 
"Unnie, is babysitting me and the wife." Taeyeon smiled. "And we were making cookies for our wedding reception. Would you like some?" 
 
Evelyn laughed at my confused face. "Come on in. We made more than enough cookies that'll last the three of us till Valentine's Day." She held the door open for me when I gave her a weird look after I saw the broken vase. "Yeah..." She scratched the back of her head, "Don't tell, Steph."
 
I laughed and nodded, "Do you have milk with the cookies?"
 
"Of course! We went on an adventure this morning to go buy milk. Hubby and I got to take turns getting a piggy back ride from Unnie." Sunny smiled. "Let's go get more cookies, Tae." She held Taeyeon's hand and walked back into the kitchen. 
 
"Have fun you two, but not too much fun. We'll be back." Taeyeon said in a parent-like tone and walked to the kitchen and holding Sunny's hand. 
 
"Unbelievable." Evelyn laughed and shook her head. "So what do I owe the pleasure of your presence?" She leaned on the doorway but missed and ended up toppling forward. There's the weird Evelyn I love and missed these past couple of days. 
 
I laughed as I caught her, "Why are you so clumsy?" 
 
She shrugged, "Runs in the family, I guess. Mitch isn't a klutz though. Steph and I are." She laughed. "Would you like anything to drink? Water? Orange juice? Soda?"
 
"I came here because I heard a loud crash when I was on my way from my jog."
 
"You mean the vase?" She pointed to the thing near the table that was in pieces. 
 
I nodded. 
 
She laughed, her voice echoed throughout the room, "Well... Taeyeon, Sunny and I were playing soccer to pass the time while the cookies were still baking. And I didn't block Sunny's kick fast enough. See?" She lifted the side of her shirt and sure enough, there was a bruise. "I lunged forward, but I ended up......"
 
I did not hear a word she said. I was too busy gawking at her smooth, flat, yet toned stomach. To my greatest disappointment, she dropped her shirt back down and smiled. 
 
"Would you like some Santa Clause shaped cookies?" She shoved a plate of cookies in my face. I gotta admit, they tasted good. But I think she tastes better. 
 
No! 
 
Stop! 
 
Bad Seohyun! 
 
Don't be like Tiffany!
 
The doorbell suddenly rang. 
 
"I got it. I got it. I got." Evelyn repeated quickly as she raced for the door. "Hyoyeon, looking beautiful as always."
 
I frowned. Why is she complimenting other girls and not me? 
 
"Oh stop." The woman's voice rang. 
 
I got up and went into the other room so I couldn't hear the rest of her flirting. I sighed. My heart hurts. A couple of minutes later, I was joined on the couch with a depressed looking Taeyeon. 
 
"What happened to you?"
 
"Bunny left. Her mom picked her." She pouted and sat on my lap. She settled herself in my embrace and decided to take her nap. 
 
I saw Evelyn running back and forth through the open door. Sometimes she would have things in her arms and she would run back carrying nothing. I smiled. She can be such a dork sometimes. 
 
After a while, the house was suddenly quiet. I saw her breathing heavily and plopped down next to me. She gave me a tired smile and rested her head on my shoulders. 
 
"Tired?" 
 
She laughed lightly and nodded. "Very."
 
"You should sleep."
 
She shook her head, "Jessica Unnie would kill me if she found out I was sleeping on the job."
 
The doorbell suddenly rang. 
 
She sighed and scooped Taeyeon out of my arms. Our faces were so close together that I felt her warm breath when she heaved as she picked Taeyeon up with ease. I blushed and slumped back on the couch with my heart racing. 
 
I wasn't sure which was more unbelievable: I like/love Evelyn who is 6 years younger than me or the kind of things she does to me. I buried my face in the pillow and groaned. 
 
"Two down. One to go." Her voice interrupting my silent misery. 
 
"Who's the last one?"
 
She smiled and held out her hand, "Let me walk you home."
 
I slowly took it and smiled at how soft her hands were, "Let's go then."
 
I love how I'm a head taller than her. I love her dorky smiles. I love her corny jokes. I love her random facts. I love her awkward personality. I love the smell of her hair. I love how her face lights up. I love how happy she is even though her past was really ed up. I love how I love her. 
 
"Did you know that a pack of unicorns is called a blessing?" And there it is. The random factoid of the day from Evelyn. 
 
"Really?"
 
"Yeah." She nodded her head excitedly. 
 
"Where'd you learn that?"
 
"The Interwebs."
 
"Interwebs?"
 
"Internet." She laughed. 
 
I laughed. We were taking our sweet time walking next door and I loved it. I didn't want her to go just yet. 
 
"How'd you like the cookies?" 
 
"I never got any. Tae and Sunny were suppose to give me some, but they never did."
 
"Oh! Let me go back to the house and get you some."
 
To my dismay, she let go of my hand and made a run back to the house. I laughed when she ran into the door in her hurry of trying to open it. She's such a dork. A few moments later, the door opened and she was carrying a thermos and a baggie filled with cookies. 
 
"Like I said earlier, we baked enough cookies that would last the three of us till Valentine's Day." She laughed when she handed me the bag. 
 
"What's the thermos for?" I asked pointing my chin to it. 
 
"I-I was thinking of sharing this hot chocolate with you on your front porch while we eat the cookies together...." She said slowly with a small blush on her face. 
 
"If you like me, just say it. You already know I like you." I chuckled and patted the empty space next to me on the porch step. 
 
She took her rightful place next to me and opened the thermos and poured me a cup of hot chocolate as I handed her a cookie. We exchanged thank yous and ate in silence. Laughter suddenly escaped Evelyn's lips. 
 
"What are you laughing about?"
 
She continued to laugh. 
 
"What is it?"
 
She kept laughing. 
 
"Tell me or I'll make you stop." I threatened, but more some reason, that made her laugh even more. "Why won't you tell me?!"
 
"B-because..." She kept laughing, "I was just thinking about what would happen if we ever dated." 
 
"How is that funny?" I raised an eyebrow. 
 
She laughed even harder, "C'mon. Just picture it! We'd be perfect together. I'd be the idiot doing stupid and you'd always be the one bailing me out." 
 
I looked at her. "We'd be perfect?"
 
Her laughter finally died down and she cleared , "Don't you think so?"
 
I smiled and nodded, "We would be a kick couple." I reached for her hand and held it. She looked up at me and blushed. I scooted closer to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "This has got to be one of the best Christmas gifts I have ever gotten." I rested my cheek on the crown of her head and inhaled her cologne. I closed my eyes and smiled. 
 
"I better get going. Steph and Mitch are gonna be home soon." She said, but she snuggled more in my arms. 
 
I chuckled at her actions, "You say you need to go, but you're scooting closer to me."
 
"I know..." She laughed and hugged me with both her arms. "I should really get going."
 
"Alright then." I sighed I picked her up. She squealed when she felt getting lifted off the floor. 
 
"What are you doing?!" She squeaked, wrapping her arms around my neck. 
 
"Are you scared that I'm going to drop you?"
 
"No. I'm just making sure I'm not gonna let myself fall."
 
"I'll always catch you when you fall."