Me and my Baby

Me and my Baby

 

Tiffany's POV 
 
Ring. 
 
Ring. 
 
Ring. 
 
"Hello?"
 
"I got home safely."
 
I smiled, "I didn't actually think you were going to call."
 
"Did you not want me to?"
 
"Of course I wanted you to call. I just thought you'd forget. It's pretty late."
 
"Actually... I have a favor to ask you. But feel free to say no to it because I know that it's really last minute."
 
"What is it?"
 
"How free are you all day tomorrow?"
 
"Tomorrow's Saturday right?" 
 
"Yes."
 
I got up from my bed and checked the calendar, "I'm free all day. Why?"
 
"Can you keep an eye on Taeyeon tomorrow? I have work from 11 till 9 and I promised Taeyeon that she could go to the park tomorrow."
 
"Of couse! I'd love to." I laughed. 
 
"And..."
 
"And?"
 
"And Sunny?"
 
"Who's Sunny?"
 
Jessica sighed on the other line, "Sunny is Taeyeon's supposedly future wife."
 
"She has a wife?"
 
"She has a wife."
 
"Alrighty. So what time did you want me to go to your house and pick them up?"
 
"11 would be fine."
 
"I'll see you tomorrow then."
 
"Thank you so much for doing this, especially since it's very last minute."
 
"It's no problem at all."
 
"Goodnight, Fffffay."
 
"Goodnight, Jesssssie."
 
I took a couple of deep breaths to calm my pounding heart and smiled. I looked at my phone and jumped up and down while clapping my hands. 
 
"What are you so happy about?" Michelle asked. 
 
"I can't be happy?"
 
"You have to have a reason to why you're happy. Spill it, Steph."
 
"I'm babysitting tomorrow." I pushed her out of my room and slammed it shut before she could even protest. 
 
I woke up the next day earlier than I normally would on any given day. But I didn't care. I was happy today. I put on my favorite clothing. Black leggings, a grey long sleeve shirt and a light brown cardigan and a bigger cardigan over it. I wrapped a scarf around my neck and slipped on my favorite boots. 
 
I decided to make my sisters breakfast and was humming as I cooked. I did a little dance every time I flipped the pancakes. I even put a smiley face on the pancake with whip cream and arrange the chopped up bananas into a heart. 
 
"What are you all smiles about?" 
 
"Good morning, Evelyn my dearest sister. Isn't it a wonderful day today?" I said in a dreamy tone. 
 
"Holy . You're in love." Evelyn laughed. 
 
"Yes. Yes my dear sister, I am in love."
 
"With Jessica?"
 
"Who else would it be?"
 
She shrugged, "Beats me."
 
I checked the time, 10:24 AM. 
 
"I have to go to Jessica's house. Make sure that there's good when Mitch wakes up. You know how she is in the morning."
 
"Oh please. That chick never wakes up before noon. I'll just make lunch when she wakes up." Evelyn waved her hand. 
 
"Bye. Love you." I gave her a quick hug and left. 
 
10:27 AM. I sat in my car waiting for the heater to melt the frozen ice on the windows. While I waited, I was listening to some acoustic music, usually the type of music I listen to in order to calm myself down. I noticed I was bouncing up and down in my seat when the coffee in my hand was shaking. 
 
10:37. I was finally driving to Jessica's house. I hit a little traffic, but I knew that I was going to get there on time. I tapped my fingers to the beat of the song that escaped through my speakers. I rocked my head from side to side feeling the rhythm of the beat as I sag along. 
 
10:57. I finally arrived. I sprayed some perfume on to make sure I still smelt decent because I probably smelt like pancakes right now. I grabbed my bag and walked to the door. I was about to knock on the door when I heard two little kids running around. 
 
"Knock it off you two!" Jessica's voice said. 
 
"But Umma! Sunny and I are having fun!" Taeyeon protested. 
 
"Yeah Umma! Taeyeonie and I are having fun." Another voice rang, which I assumed could only be Sunny. 
 
I knocked on the door. 
 
"Thank God you're here. These two are driving me crazy. And I've only been with them for two hours." Jessica heaved a sigh of relieve and hugged me. 
 
I laughed, "Let's hope I can last longer than you."
 
"Appa!" Taeyeon screamed and jumped into my arms. 
 
"Tae. I thought you didn't have an Appa." Sunny tugged on my scarf. "Unnie. How did you tie your scarf like this?"
 
"What do you mean?" I asked, putting Taeyeon down. 
 
"It looks like how the girls in the anime tie their scarfs."
 
I beamed, "That's exactly where I got it from! Want me to show you?"
 
She nodded. I took my scarf off and placed it around Sunny's neck. 
 
"You take the one on the right and wrap it all the way around your neck. Make sure it's even. Then, you take the one on the right side again and put it over the one on the left. You wrap it from the back and pull it forward. Then tighten." I smiled. 
 
"Wah! I'm like an anime character!" Sunny smiled. 
 
"I wanna learn too!" Taeyeon piped up. 
 
"I have to go to work guys. I'll see you guys when I get home." Jessica gave Taeyeon a kiss on the cheek and gave Sunny a kiss on the forehead. 
 
"Bye, Jesssssie." I smiled. 
 
"Bye, Fffffany." She laughed and gave me a hug them left. 
 
"How come we both got a kiss from Umma and you didn't?" Taeyeon asked. 
 
I shrugged.