Eight

Living With Bigbang. Should be Interesting.

Credit goes to http://psychcentral.com/lib/parenting-angry-teens/000550 for the information on angry teens. I DO NOT own it.

Youngbae's POV

I scroll down on my iPhone, reading a help page for parents of teenagers.

  1. Take it seriously, but not personally. Angry teens sometimes do have things to be angry about. But equally often, their anger seems totally out of proportion to their lot in life. If you have treated your child with love and respect all along and that child is still hostile, it may have very little to do with you or with how that child was raised. There are more influences on a child’s life than his or her parents. Parents who resolutely stay involved and responsible but who don’t take each and every misbehavior as a personal attack are usually more effective than those who take all comments and actions to heart.

    On the other hand, if you do have things to apologize for, do it. It’s never too late to start over. Kids really do want parents, but they want parents they can trust. An honest apology and genuine efforts to make the family a better place to be can set the family in a new direction. It will take time. The kids won’t believe you at first and may even test you. But if you stick to it, most kids will come around.

  2. Hang in there! The difference between the families that make it and those that don’t is parental tenacity. Parents who hang in, who continue to express love and concern, who continue to insist on knowing where their kids are going and with whom, who include their teens in family events, and who stubbornly refuse to give up are the parents who generally manage to save their kids.

Does Emma have a reason to be angry? As much as it pains me to admit, I haven't really been that involved in her life, especially after all the stuff with Bigbang started. I don't think Dad was even that involved.

I know she enjoys it. Pushing my buttons. Feeling powerful when she gets me to loose control. I know I shouldn't have reacted like I did. It's like with the bullies in grade school. You need to not give them the reaction they're looking for, cuz if you do, they win. Emma just won. I'd even go so far as to say she likes being angry.

I'm sitting in my car in the parking lot of a local library. I've already been gone for at least three hours... Maybe I should get back... While I drive home, I think about what I'm going to say to Emma. I'm not sure if an apology would work, since just asking her what's wrong with her life, just so I can apologize, wouldn't look to good, I would think. It would make it seem like I don't care enough about her to know what's going on in her life. And lecturing her about how she overreacted, was out of line, all that jazz, isn't going to work either. She'd just get even more mad. And ignoring her never works, I tried it once when she was visiting over Christmas. She egged my room, and replaced all my hair gel with a fast drying hair cement thing. But ignoring what she did, or rather, didn't do, wouldn't work either! She'd think that she could get away with whatever she wanted!

I pull up to the dorm. I take a deep breath, and walk inside. It's way to quiet. The rest of Bigbang, minus Top, are all sitting in the living room, playing on their phones. I can hear faint music coming from upstairs. I'm guessing that's Emma's music.

"Where's Top?" I ask, my voice seeming way to loud. Everyone jumps, they must not've noticed me.

"Top went upstairs just after you left. He was following Emma. There was shouting, then someone running, and a door slamming. Then some crashes grunts, which we assumed were Top. We haven't seen or heard from Top since then." GD says.

"We haven't seen Emma either. And after that shouting match, with what she said, I don't want to see her!" Seungri adds.

Uh-oh. "What'd she say?" I ask warily.

"First she started screaming about how come Top wasn't smart enough to just leave her alone like we were. Then she asked if he had a death wish." Daesung started, then stopped, waiting for someone to finish his sentence for him.

Finally, after much waiting and suspense, Seungri finishes, "Then she basically called him fat and ugly, and how she'd have no problem hurting him."

"I'm actually surprised Top let that get to him..." G-Dragon comments. I look at him. If only you knew...

"If Emma was angry when she said it, really and truly angry, she'd find a way to make it sting." I say, turning and looking up the stairs. I wonder if I should talk to Top first, see if he's ok... I walk slowly up the stairs, down the hall, and stop at Top's door. I knock five times on the door, and hold my breath as I wait for him to open up.

It was quiet. So quiet I doubted I actually heard it. But then, I hear it again, "Come in." I quietly open the door, and observe the room. It looks like a tornado hit. All his picture frames are broken, the photos ripped. I think he broke his bed frame. Broken glass litters the floor. His clothes are everywhere. He tipped over his bookshelf, and the books were everywhere. He ripped the pages out of some of them. His toys... He broke at least half of his toys! I can't see Top. Emma must've really struck a nerve...

"Top? Where are you? You ok?" I ask nervously, not sure if I would be greeted with words or a flying shard of glass.

"I'm fine." Top croaks from somewhere near the closet, which is surrounded by the ripped out pages of books.

"You sound anything but fine." I say. "What'd she say?"

"Oh, nothing that bad! She just threatened to kill me, that's all!" Top says with heavy sarcasm. At least he's not croaking now.

"So you're only mad about the death threat?" I ask him to confirm.

"No, you idiot! I'm not mad! I'm a bit dissapointed in myself that I lost control like I did, I think I'm a bit stupid for thinking I could get her to apologize or calm down or whatever, and I think I asked for it by following her in the first place."

"Um, Top? Can I see you?"

Top sighs and crawls out of the closet. His face is fine, and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. But then I see his hands. There's blood, and it's already crusted around the cuts. There's a fair share of bruises too.

"You should have someone take a look at that..." I advise him. Top rolls his eyes.

"No , Sherlock!" He snaps as he stands and follows me out of his room. He turns for the stairs, and I turn the other way down the hall to Emma's room. I knock on her door once I get there. The music is turned up. I bang on the door, demanding to be let in. Emma turns up the music some more. I loose what's left of my patience from earlier, and barge right on through her door.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Emma's POV

After I've beaten the Pokemon League, I turn of my DSIXL and get my phone out from my mattress. I send my best guy friend, Kevin, a text as I open itunes on my laptop and turn on my music.

To: Kevin

Heyy boy! What's up?!

A few minutes later, he responds.

Nutin' much. How 'bout you, sweetie?

Just put one of my brother's friends in his place! Doubt any of them will be bothering me again today! :D

Aren't you a bit worried about what your brother might do? He's not your mom, I doubt he's gonna be so easy to manipulate.

I got under his skin earlier.

That doesn't answer my question.

I'm a little bit worried. He seems to be getting everything he's trying off of a parenting website, and that's NEVER a good thing!

Yeah... I never liked him.

You've never met him!

Exactly!

Haha. Very funny.

I know! ;) hey, did you hear about what happened to Justine before you left?

NO!! TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME!!

Ok, ok, don't get your in a twist!

SO. Justine went to the mall with her girlfriends, and she went to that big room with all the food places in it. She ordered from Taco Bell. Guess what she found in her taco!!

What?

She found a human finger. A human middle finger.

... O.M.F.G!

What happened?!

She's going to sue, she was given her money back, and the POLICE confiscated her taco!

WOW! Fast food has sunk to a whole new low!

We continue texting for a few hours at least. He asks me how Korea is, about Bigbang, and asked me to recall the entire conversation I had with Youngbae on the phone before I ran to the gym. I ask him to catch me up on some gossip from home, how my mom is, and about his inability to pass a test.

You SURE you actually know how to do basic math? ;)

I know how to, it's just that...

Just what?

You know how it is! In class, it's 1+1=2. On your homework, it's 4+5-6=3. On the test, it's 'If Timmy has five apples and gives away three, calculate the suns mass.'

You got that from a meme!

Yes. Teenagerposts.

Just as I'm about to respond, someone starts knocking at my door. I turn up my music on my laptop as I send Kevin another text.

And yeah, you have a point with the test thing. Which is why I STUDY! Do you know what STUDYING is?

Ha. Hahaha. Ha. That was SOOOOO funny.

The person outside my door is pounding on my door. Annoyed, I turn up my music as loud as it'll go.

Someone really wants to talk to me. Whoever he is is banging on my door pretty hard. It's SO ANNOYING!!

Kevin sends me a reply, but I don't get the chance to read it. Youngbae bursts through my door, chest heaving. I press the 'home' button, shove my iPhone under my pillow, and turn to face him. Not the most effective hiding place, but it'll do.

"Emma." Youngbae huffs.

"Youngbae." I respond.

"Did you see what Top did to his room? What he did to himself?" He asks me. Uh-oh. What Top did to himself? Please don't tell me he cut himself, or worse, over what I said!

"No." Is all I say.

"His room is trashed. His hands are in pretty bad shape." Youngbae says. I sigh in relief. So Top didn't cut himself! "I think you should pay for the damage to his room."

"What?!" I shout suddenly, surprising him. "How does this make sense?!" I get up from my bed, and shove Youngbae back a few steps. "GO ON! TELL ME!! HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?! I never went anywhere near Top's room! Top's the one who destroyed his room!"

Youngbae recovers from his shock, and shoves me back. Aha. Just a little more, and I can say I was defending myself... "YOU WERE THE ONE WHO WENT OUTTA LINE!! YOU--" Youngbae shouts at me.

"Oh, so you're saying Top can't take a hit?! Huh? Is the big boy really that tough, or is he just a whining, crying--" I interrupt, but Youngbae interrupts me by pushing me back again. I have to resist the urge to slap him. If I slap him, then I become the bad guy.

"Top Hyung is older than you, he deserves your resp--"

"Oh, PLEASE, you can make a better argument then 'Top Hyung deserves your respect', can't you?!" I sneer at my older brother. "That little boy, if he can't take a tiny little insult without breaking down, he don't deserve anybody's respect!"

"Then you should respect me! I'm your older brother, I'm--"

"Oh, so you're older! Yeah, no, you clearly don't act like you're older! Remember earlier? You ran away, crying like a little girl! You lost control!" I interrupt him again. And then... "Hey, I have an idea! Why don't you be a good little boy, and run back home to Mommy! I'm sure she could help you with your anger managment!" I laugh. I realize I hit a nerve, because Youngbae goes stone still, and is quiet. Then he hits me hard on the nose, and I instantly feel blood streaming down my face. I give him a right hook, he grabs onto my shoulders and tries to ram me into the wall. I grab onto his shoulders, and use the leverage to go in for a knee to the nuts. He groans out in pain, and lets go of me. I shove him off of me, and while he's bent over, I push him towards the door. Then I grab my wallet, phone, and the scissors I used to cut open my mattress, and shove past him. I run down the stairs, and out the door. As soon as my feet hit the paved driveway, I'm running, looking for two things: A police office, or a tabloid news agency. A vague plan is already forming in my mind. Youngbae will pay...