three

Living With Bigbang. Should be Interesting.

Emma Rose's POV

I feel a steady rocking under me. My first thought is that it's an earthquake. It's entirely possible, since I live in LA. I drag my eyes open, and I'm greeted with a searing white light. I groan, cover my eyes with my arm, and sit up.

"Well, hello!" I hear Youngbae say warmly, and I feel myself being wrapped in a bear hug. I remove my arm, and take a tentative look. Youngbae's body is blocking the light.

"What?" I croak, looking up at him.

"You're on the airplane headed home. We packed your stuff for you." He says, reading your mind.

"Is she awake?" A mans voice asks.

"No, he's talking to the couch!" I snap at him. Youngbae pulls away, and looks at me sternly.

"Watch your tone, missy!" He warns. I roll my eyes. I stand up, balanceing on still asleep legs, and look around for the rest room.

"Straight that a' way." An artificial blonde says with a gesture towards the back of the plane, his eyes not leavin the book he's reading. I mutter a thanks, and walk back there. DARN IT! Someone's in there! I lean against the wall, waiting impatiently. Finally, a few minutes later, a -- and it pains me to admit this -- HOT young man with an industrial peircing comes out. He gives me a smile, and I stare blankly at him. When he doesn't move, I shove him out of the way.

"Took you long enough!" I mutter, just loud enough that only he could hear me. I slide the doors shut, and turn to the sink, splashing some water on my face. When I look up, and see my reflection in the mirror, I have to do a double take. Is that me?! GOD, I look horrible! I'm covered in bruises from when I fell down the stairs and tripped all those times in the woods. Some of them are pretty bad....

I do my buisness, and leave the rest room, heading back to my couch. The plane hits a bit of turbulence, and I trip, falling to the ground with a surprised gasp.

"Hey there." A tall man with a deep voice says, helping me up. He gets a good look at me, and his eyes flicker between concerned and annoyed. "Youngbae, your sister looks like she's been beaten up!" Youngbae, who was staring out one of the windows, turns his head to look at my face. The other men all do the same. I squirm in the tall mans grasp, uncomfortable being the subject of so many gazes. I try to yank my arm away, but the sleeve slips, revealing a black and blue bruise on my forearm. The men's gazes shift to my arm.

Youngbae comes over, taking me from the mans grip. "What happened?" He asks softly.

"I fell down the stairs and tripped over various roots and stuff in the woods." I answer, my voice echoeing loudly in the sudden quiet.

"Oh." Youngbae says, sitting me on the couch. I dread whatever's comeing next. Youngvae clears his throat and continues, "Lets start with the introductions, yes?" The man who helped me up raises his hand.

"I'm Top. Or Seunghyun. Take your pick." He says quietly. I'm assuming that Top is his stage name, like Taeyang for Youngbae.

The man with green streaks in his hair speaks up. "I'm G-Dragon, but my real name is Jiyoung."

The artificial blonde puts down his book, runs a hand through his hair, and chirps, "I'm Daesung!"

That leaves the man I met by the bathroom. "Seungri." Is all he says. G-Dragon looks at him.

"Are you sick or something?!" He teases Seungri, "You didn't try an' flirt with her!"

"No, she shoved me out of her way when she was heading to the bathroom." Seungri responds. All heads turn to look at me, and I just shrug. There's an akward silence for a few moments. I'm honestly surprised that there wasn't a lecture. Just as I was working up the courage to ask how much longer til we get to Korea, Daesung asks me a question.

"Emma, do you know how to speak Korean?"

"Not well, only enough to hold up a conversation. And some swears." I say to him in Korean.

"Your accent is terrible!" He replies, also in Korean, as the boys burst into laughter. Maybe this won't be so --- I stop the thought, and shove it to the far corners of my brain.

"No better than your English!" I exclaim in English, joining in on their laughter. But why not act nice? Just for now.

"Why do you know swears?" Top asks as he calms down.

"Cuz! That's what most people do. Learn the swears, and then you learn the rest of the language!" I explain.

"Why do you learn the swears though?" He asks again.

"Because apperently ' you' isn't universal!"

"Hey!" Youngbae scolds me, "Watch your mouth!"

"Oh, like you don't swear!" I say with a joking eye roll. There's another akward silence for a few minutes.

"Emma Rose?" G-Dragon asks suddenly.

"Yesm?"

"If you don't mind my asking, what name do you go by?"

"Emma. Or Emma Rose."

"No, I mean, what family name? Do you use Dong, or your mothers last name?"

"Oh.." I say, thinking. I know it, of course, but.... "If you look on my birth ceritficate, it says Emma Rose Olive Cooper. My mom always calls me Emma Rose Dong. I always go by Emma Rose."

"No last name?" Top asks.

"Nope."

"Do you know anything about Korean culture?" Seungri asks.

"I know what Daddy, Youngbae, and my other siblings have taught me."

"She just never uses any of it." Youngbae explains.

"Why?" Daesung asks me, reaching over to brush hair out of my face. I stiffen, but let him.

"Well... Because. It feels weird." I answer, not quiet sure how to explain it. "People always ask me stuff like this. 'Why don't you act more Asian?'. It feels wrong. I wasn't raised in Korea, I wasn't raised to act like a Korean woman or to follow Korean traditions. It feels like I would be making fun of it."

"Oh." Daesung responds quietly.

"How much longer?" I ask. Top checks his watch.

"About six more hours." I thank him. The rest of the plane ride passes quickly, the boys throwing me question after question. About my life, my friends, what I know about Korea, what I know about Bigbang....

"Bwoh?!?!" Seungri exclaims, "How can you not listen to us? Your big brother is a member!"

"Yes, I got that part!" I answer. "And I do listen to you! Just not a lot, and not recently!" Bigbang and I burst into a fit of giggles. Youngbae passes out gum, since we're about to land.