nineteen

Living With Bigbang. Should be Interesting.

Daesung's POV

I know I'm not going to be getting any sleep tonight. I knew it even before I hit the bed. I'm lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling, counting sheep. But I know it's pointless.

I get up, pace around the room - hell, I even try doing jumping jacks! - anything to tire myself out. But it just aint gonna happen.

Suddenly, a thought strikes me. Well, more of a feeling. The feel of Emma in my arms. The heat from her body, her steady, deep breaths as she slept, the smell of her peppermint shampoo... And I miss it.

Another thought hits me.  How much hypothetical trouble would I be in if I - hypothetically, of course - went and visited Emma this early in the morning? It's going on 5 o'clock in the morning.... But the hospital's open 24/7.... I would just be a little while, not nearly long enough for anyone to notice I'm missing......

I strip out of my oversized night shirt and baggy sweats, and change into a comfortable graphic T and some non-baggy sweats that don't actually look like sweats. I creep out of my room, and tip toe to the front door. I paw around on the coffee table in the greeting room frantically. I was sure that I saw Youngbae put the car keys down somewhere on here! I reach for the far end of the coffee table. There we go! Got them!

I walk out of the house, lock the door behind me, and walk carefully down the sidewalk to the car. I unlock the car, slide in, close the door, put the keys in the ignition, and..... Wait. I still have my hand on the keys; I havent turned the car on yet. Can I do this? I won't be able to see very well.... But it's not that far of a drive.... I should be fine, right?

My resolve breaks. I take the keys out of the ignition, and get out of the car. I walk back to the house, and am about to open the door, when someone opens it for me. It's Top. He looks at me, and I look at him. He opens his mouth to speak, then closes it.

"Ummm.... Uh, I was just, um....." I stutter, my mind frantically clawing for any semi-plausible reason that explains why I'm out here at 5 AM. Top raises a hand to shush me.

"You too?" He asks. "You were going to go see her too?" I nod. He smiles, and steps outside. He holds his hand out for the keys. I hand them over to him mutely. He locks the door again, and together we walk with quick, uneven steps to the car. I climb into the passenger side, and Top sits in the driver's seat. He turns the car on, and pulls out of the driveway.

The ride to the hospital is silent, but it's a comfortable silence. I neglected to bring my phone, but Top gives me his, and asigns me to be designated texter. Apperently he's been texting his co-star from Commitment all night.

We make it to the hospital, and I turn of Top's phone before handing it back to him. We walk the now too-familiar path to Emma's room. The silence is deafening, the artificial light searing my eyes after the muted darkness outside. When we reach Emma's room, we tip toe in, not wanting to wake her. Not that we run much of a risk of waking her up.

The lights are out in Emma's room, but there's enough light from the machines to see by. Top and I stand on opposite sides of her bed, and just stare at her. Creepy of us, I know. I allow my eyes to follow Emma's slim figure, before focusing on her face again. Then I remember why I wanted to come here in the first place.

I swear Top read my mind. "Do you wanna lie down with her?" he asks, looking at me. I look at him, wondering how he knew. "Do you?" he asks again. I blush, and nod, looking away. Top smirks, and gently moves Emma so there's room for me to lie down on the hospital bed. I climb in, and snuggle up close to her, breathing in her scent. It's not peppermint anymore. It's been replaced with a sterile smell - antiseptic, I guess.

The bed creaks as Top climbs in too. I look at him in shock over Emma's head. He gives me a lady-killer smirk, and says,

"What? I'm tired, and that couch is rock hard."

"But- if someone sees...." I hiss at him.

"No one's gonna see, I promise! Now go to sleep!"

"Sleep? Here?!"

"Yes, sleep here! Neither of us was gonna get any sleep at the dorm!"

"But, what about when the hyungs and Seungri wake up?! What are they gonna think?!"

"Relax, relax! I left a note on the kitchen counter saying we went to get grocieries!"

"And the hospital people?"

"I'm a light sleeper. If anyone so much as take a step outside the door, I'll wake up. Don't worry, chillax, it'll be fine, now go to sleep!" Top explains his well thought out plan. I give up arguing. I'm more worried about someone from the media seeing than I am about Youngbae seeing, for once, but I guess it'll be ok...

I let my head fall on the pillow, and sleep washes over me, dragging me into the shadowy depths of one if my most reoccurring nightmares: The car accident.

Driving. Rain pounding on windshield. Bright lights and horns blaring everywhere. Speeding, I have to get there, NOW! Skidding on the slick roadbed. Red emergency lights. Groaning and screams of pain. What? Who's hurt? It sounds like it's coming from inside the car.... Turn to look behind me into the backseat.

The man. Dead, rotting. His eyes are alive, though, and watching me. I scream, and let go of the wheel, claw at the window to get out of the car. Not looking where the car is headed. Bump. Crunch! the dead man is suddenly right in front of me, hands on my shoulders, shaking me roughly, screaming. No, no, no, no, NO!

"Daesung! Daesung-ah! Wake up!" Top whispers in my ear, shaking me gently by the shoulders. I bolt upright, almost butting heads with Top. "Come on, we need to leave, like now! It's 1:45, meaning we have fifteen minutes to get to the super market, and fourty five minutes to actually buy grocieries, since that's our alibi." I nod, clamber out of bed, and lean down to give Emma a peck on the cheek. Top and I sprint out of the hospital, race to the super market, and shove several hours worth of shopping into just under an hour. We pull into the driveway at the dorm at 3:06. The rest of Bigbang are waiting for us.

"You've been shopping for a while. What'd you get?" G-Dragon asks as Top pulls out of the driveway for a second time.

"Five gallons of milk, three bags worth of instant ramen, cookies - yes, Seungri, chocolate chip - soda, chocolate, vanilla, and rocky road ice cream, ten chocolate bars..." I start.

"Salad, kimchi, sushi, pizza, crab cakes, bread, Orio's, whipped cream, five five dollar foot long's from Subway, a couple of Lunchables." Top finishes. "And that's just the food!"

"Omo, what else did you get?" Youngbae asks.

"Clothes. Lots and lots of clothes. For all of us, we double checked all our sizes before we left." Top replies.

"We also changed the tires on the car, had the oil changed, and bought a bunch of new toys for Top. Really old antiques the lady had in the back." I add.

"If they're antiques, how can they be new?" Seungri points out, gripping the armrests as we come to a screeching halt at a red light.

Top rolls his eyes. "They're new to me, you stupid, idiot piece of brainless !" He says. Seungri pouts, crosses his arms, hunching over, and basically looking like a rejected little boy. Top always falls for this one. "Sorry, sorry, jeez!" We all laug as we pull into the YG parking lot. We head upstairs to continue practicing.

Even though I managed to catch some sleep, it was a nightmare. I'm dead tired. I go through the motions like a zombie. Top's not much better off. None of us are on our A-game today. We're all starting to look like Seungri!

I swear, this has been the longest practice in the history of longest practices! I look at the clock. It's barely four o'clock! Ugh! This is going to be a loooooooong day.

_______________________________{skipping rest of practice}_________________________

No one's POV

The boys trudge back to the van somewhere around three AM. G-Dragon was carrying Daesung, who collapsed literarily as soon as coach called break. Top is stumbling along a bit behind the rest of them. Only Youngbae and Seungri look somewhat non-tired. GD always looks tired nowadays.

Youngbae drives, and everyone else falls asleep in the car on the way home. Youngbae, the sweet boy that he is, carries each of the sleeping boys inside, up the stairs, to their rooms. He collapsed on the über soft new couch that Top neglected to mention that he had bought. Sleep comes easily, but doesn't seem to want to stay. Youngbae spends the next six hours in and out of sleep.

=====================================================================================================

D' you have ANY idea how late it is? Three am! I stayed up til three am to wright this. On Wednesday. Not counting Thursday night and early this morning, which was editing. I'm not even going to try to apologize for all the mistakes. My brain is dead. I'm so tired. Please comment, upvote, subscribe all that loverly stuff, and I will see you Tuesday!