twenty five

Living With Bigbang. Should be Interesting.

No one's POV

Emma walked through the streets, looking in the windows of shops, remembering when she walked this way a month ago. She sees the internet cafe she visited. It's open, so why the hell not? Emma thought, opening the door. The lights were dimmed, and there was some loungy type music playing. Emma sat down in the corner booth, and checked her phone while she waited for a waitress.

There is one message from Youngbae.

If you get hurt, not only will Mom kill you, I'LL kill you!

Emma responded with a -_-. Emma put her phone away just as a waitress came up with a bowl of tomato soup.

"Oh, I didn't order this!" Emma said in Korean, only mispronouncing one thing, but the waitress understood what Emma said anyway.

"No, the man over there ordered it for you." The waitress responded, pointing to a young man who was sitting at a table for two, smiling at the two women. The waitress was sure that the man was Emma's boyfriend, and that this was a lovely date that the man had set up. The waitress loved young love. Emma smiled and thanked the waitress, not sure what else to do. Being raised in America, Emma's inner angel voice was screaming STRANGER DANGER!! But this is Korea, Emma thought, The crime rate is much lower here. But then Emma's hand brushed over her scar, and she remembered what happened.

She smiled at the young man, gave him a nod, and whipped out her phone, getting ready to text Youngbae to pick her up.

"Hi." A voice said in Korean. Emma looked up with her head bent down, trying to see the person without lifting her head. It hurt her eyes and forehead.

Finally, Emma surrendered, and looked up. It was the man who bought her food! "Hello. Thanks for the meal. Who are you?" Emma said by way of greeting in Korean.

"You're welcome. I'm..." The man said, trailing off. He had brownish hair with lighter blonde streaks, and was wearing a simple black hoodie with faded skinny jeans and black boots. "I'm, uh...."

Emma smiled, reached into the pocket of her jacket, and pulled out one hundred won, and gave it to the man. "Did you want something?"

"What makes you think I wanted something?"

"Because where I come from, someone only buys you a meal if they want something."

"Well, where I'm from, this is just something people do for each other." The man countered, handing Emma back her money. Emma looked at him suspiciously, but accepted the money.

"Yours is a different world." Emma said quietly in English, not meaning for the man to hear it, but he did.

"What?" He asked. Emma repeated the phrase in Korean. "Oh." The man gestured to the seat next to Emma, asking if he could sit down. When Emma nods, he sat down, smiled widely at her, and answered Emma's first question. "I'm Minhyun."

Emma blinked. Where did she know that name from? But either way, she grinned at Minhyun, and gave her name. "Emma."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, back at the house, Youngbae was pacing anxiously in the living room.

"Calm down, hyung! It's barely five fifteen! No one, really, no one, is going to be out this early!" Daesung tried to soothe his hyung in vain while hiding his own worries.

"Yeah, hyung, she'll be fine!" Seungri added. Youngbae continued pacing, muttering worriedly under his breath.

"Youngbae." Top said loudly and sternly to catch his dongsang's attention. "Youngbae, Emma will be fine. You know just as well as anyone that if Emma feels unsafe or threatened by anyone, she'll have no problem giving them a piece of her mind. Emma's a big girl, she can take care of herself." Youngbae stopped pacing, looked at Top, and nodded, before searcing the room for the TV remote to distract himself.

Youngbae the morning news, plopped down on the couch, and tried to engross himself in the not-too-interesting story of the boy who fell in the river.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the internet cafe, Minhyun and Emma were having a good time, laughing at Minhyun's lame jokes, taking random selfies for no reason, and, as the sun rose and more people started showing up, generally annoying the living out of everyone in the cafe.

"So, this has been bugging me since I first saw you come in..." Minhyun said through a fit of hiccups and giggles. "But are you the Emma that was on the news? Taeyang from Bigbang's little sister?"

Emma kept laughing, but on the inside she froze. "Yeah." Was all she said.

"Oh." Minhyun said, since he had no idea what else to say. Then, he started up the first conversation that came to mind. It just so happened to be a very touchy subject for Emma. "So those fangirls are pretty crazy, right?"

"Yeah." Emma breathed. "Could we talk about something else?"

"Oh, yeah, sorry." Minhyun looked away, embarrassed. "Uh... What's it like, living here, after growing up in the States?"

"A little weird, no offense." Emma started. "My Korean isn't very good, so I have to learn quickly if I want to talk outside my house. I speak English with Bigbang, but I think they're trying to get me to start speaking in Korean only."

"Really? You're Korean doesn't sound too bad." Minhyun complimented with a glowing smile. Emma smiled shyly just as her phone started beeping. Emma blushed pink, and checked her phone for the message. It was from an unknown number.

Youngbae wants you home. He's freaking out. I suggest having a very VERY good explaination for staying out so long.
Daesung

"Thanks." Emma said. "Hey, um, I just got a text from my brother. He wants me to come home now."

"Oh, ok." Minhyun sulked. "It was nice meeting you. Can I get your number?"

"Sure! But I was wondering, if you could walk me home?" Emma asked, handing her phone out for Minhyun to take. "It would be easier to explain why I was gone so long." Minhyun smiled as he took her phone and added his number. He said he'd be happy to in English. Emma added her number to Minhyun's phone, and the pair walked out of the internet cafe.

Minhyun went to hold her hand, buy Emma gently moved her hand away.

"Last time that happened, I ended up getting stabbed." Emma explained, looking around suspiciously.

"Ah, yes, the EmRi ship." Minhyun said with an understanding tone.

"What?! You mean there's a ship for me and Seungri?!"

"Yup."

"Ugh!! UGH!! Just, UGH!!!" Emma squawked, waving her arms about madly. "Me, with that smug, stuck up, goddamned fugly mofo, Seungri?!!"

Minhyun looked at Emma with one eyebrow raised, a smirk splayed across his face. "I certainly hope you didn't mean that!"

Emma looked down, embarrased. "Sorry."

"Nah, it's cool. So, which way?" Minhyun asked. The pair had reached an intersection. Emma jerked her head to the right, and started moving in pace with the rest of the crowd down the street, putting a subtle sway in her hips, leaving MInhyun to stand and stare. Emma was almost at the other side of the street before Minhyun shook himself from the trance he'd fallen into and began to race after her down the street.

Minhyun "snuck" up behind Emma, tapped her on her right shoulder, and then sprinted in front of her, to the left at the intersection, which just so happened to be the wrong way. Emma smirked, took out her phone, and while letting herself be moved by the crowd, texted Minhyun.

You're going the wrong way! ;D

A few seconds later, Minhyun replied, Oh, SWEET!! Thanks for telling me!!

Well, YOU were the one who ran ahead of me!! You can't blame me for YOUR inadequicy!!
Just calm down, and go back the way you came! I'm sitting at a bench in front of a Hollywood Videos DVD Rental.

Emma sat down at the bench, put her phone away, and waited. She didn't have to wait long for an out-of-breath Minhyun to barrel through the crowd and collapse next to her.

"Should we wait for you to catch your breath, or do you think you can keep up?" Emma said with a slightly challenging tone, turning to look Minhyun square in the eye.

"Can we..... Wait? I'm a bit out.... of breath...." Minhyun gasped, face red and shiny from a thin sheet of sweat. Emma smiled, chuckled, and waited ever so patiently for Minhyun to catch his breath. She only had to wait three minutes before Minhyun was saying, "KKKKKKK! Leggo! Lead the way!" Emma got up and walked at a moderate pace to the right. Minhyun fell into step beside her, and the pair walked to Emma's place in a comfortable silence.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! That was really painful to write!! Was this long enough? I hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving, and happy holidays! Keep up the comments!