Eighteen

Living With Bigbang. Should be Interesting.

No One's POV

The next two weeks were hard on everyone. Emma was clinging to life by a dangling thread. Bigbang were beating themselves up over what happened, especially Youngbae. Youngbae would've been by Emma's bedside 24/7, but his schedule with Bigbang demanded otherwise. They had five other interviews those two weeks. Only two of the interviewers listened when Youngbae said he didn't want to talk about what happened. The other three kept pressing until time was up.

Youngbae put off telling Emma's mom until a whole week after the incident. He didn't know what he would say, how he would defend himself. Not that he had any defense. Ms. Cooper would probably demand that Emma come home, and Youngbae couldn't blame her.

"WHAT?!!" Ms. Cooper screeched over the phone when Youngbae finally did call to tell her. "You let my daughter get stabbed?! And you waited a whole ing week before you called to tell me?! What the hell is wrong with you?!" Youngbae opened his mouth, but remained silent. There was nothing he could've said to calm Ms. Cooper down at that point. "Is Emma ok?! Where is she, is she safe??! Did they find who did it yet?! ANSWER ME!!"

"They didn't find who did it yet, no." Youngbae said weakly, avoiding the first question like the Plague.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN, THEY HAVEN'T FOUND THEM YET???!!" Ms. Cooper roared. "And you didn't answer my first question!" She sounded like she was in tears. "Is Emma alright!"

"She was in' stabbed, with a dirty knife, and had a word carved into her arm! Of course she's not alright!" Youngbae snapped, getting annoyed even though he had no right. "But... the doctors aren't sure she'll wake up." Oops. Youngbae cringed. He probably shouldn't have said that....

"She won't.... wake up?" Ms. Cooper asked, like a small child. Then her rage overtook her, and she shouted such obsene things at Youngbae, so loudly you could hear her like she was on speaker phone. Youngbae hung up. The rest of Bigbang had looked at him with sympathy.

The next week was a blur. Nothing really stood out for any of them. Get up, do a promotional apperance, eat lunch, visit Emma, record at the studio, go home, sleep. It was at the start of the third week after Emma got stabbed, when they went to visit Emma, when something happened.

"Hello sir! Same room! The nurse has something to tell you!" The secretary chirped. Youngbae felt his spirits lift. Did Emma finally wake up? Bigbang burst through the door to Emma's room. The nurse looked at them, and her look crushed the brief hope they had.

"We knew this was going to happen. It was only a matter of time." The nurse said, pointing to Emma's clipboard. Once Bigbang realized that they had no hope of deciphering what the medical mumbo jumbo said, they looked at Emma again. She was even paler than before, if that was possible. The stab wound... The edges of the wound were yellow, the skin around it was green, with little trendils of red extending from it. The skin around Mortui was still pale, but the edges had gone from yellow to green.

"Infection." G-Dragon said. It wasn't a question. The nurse nodded.

"It set in last night, just after you left. It's caused by the bacteria that live inside certain fungi in the Amazon that are used in special dishes. There were traces of kitchen grease around the wounds, the bacteria are probably from that." She said.

"How likely is it she'll wake up?" Youngbae asked, so quiet the nurse could barely hear him.

"Not very." The nurse said just as quietly. "We don't have the medicine needed to treat her. We can keep her breathing, and keep her heart beating, but once the infection reaches her heart or her brain, there'll be nothing more we can do, besides make her final hours as comfortable as possible." Youngbae burst into tears for what seemed like the billionth time in the last month.

"How long?" Top choked out.

"A few days, at least. A week, tops." The nurse said. "I'm sorry."

"But there has to be something we can do!" Seungri exclaimed, close to tears himself. The nurse shook her head sadly.

"Why can't you just get the medicine you need to treat her?!!" Daesung asked.

"It's not that simple, we ---"

"DO I LOOK LIKE I GIVE A ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT IT'S 'SIMPLE'?" Youngbae interrupted the poor nurse. "THAT'S MY SISTER!! YOU ARE NOT GOING TO JUST LET HER DIE!!"

"We aren't just letting her die! We're doing everything we can --"

"No, if you were doing everything you could, you'd be getting the medicine!" Youngbae shouted. "We have a few days, you said so yourself! That's enough time to get the medicine from the Amazon, or wherever the hell you need to get it from!"

"I don't think you understand --"

"NO, I don't think you understand!" Youngbae interrupted yet again. "You. WIll. Get. The. ing. Medicine. Have I made myself clear?"

"Sir--"

"Let me make this clear for you." Top said, putting a hand on Youngbae's shoulder to hold him back. "You will get the medicine. Or else. We will ruin your career. How'd you like to go down in history as the woman who killed Taeyang's sister? You will be finished! We'll make sure you won't even be able to find work cleaning school busses! You will get the medicine!" The nurse blinked, processing his threat, trying to decide if it was worth the risk.

"I'll see what I can do." She said in a voice that challenged Bigbang to argue. Youngbae was ready and able to accept that challenge, but G-Dragon and Daesung dragged him away, not even bothering to thank the nurse.

"See that you do." Top said coldly to her before walking out with Seungri.

Bigbang stalked out of the hospital. They weren't swarmed by papparazi, and they haven't been since the incident. But instead, they were greeted by nine men. They were standing in a loose group just outside of the hospital. Super Junior.

Bigbang, given their current mood, were perfectly content to just ignore Super Junior. They had to get to the YG building to record, anyway. But Siwon stepped in front of Youngbae.

"We heard, and we're sorry." he said. "If there's anything we can do...?" Youngbae looked at Siwon sharply, and for a second no one moved, everyone waiting for Youngbae's next move. Then Youngbae smiled.

"Thanks." Youngbae murmured, and then, louder, "And I'll let you know." Siwon smiled at Bigbang, and the two groups parted ways after brief goodbyes.

Bigbang worked harder than ever at the studio. After meticulously going over and re-doing their previous recordings, they hit the dance floor. They were perfectly fine with pulling an all-nighter just to keep their minds occupied, if for nothing else. YG was fine with it too, to an extent. He stopped their practice after three am.

"Boys, you gotta give yourselves a break!" YG exclaimed as he walked in. "Go home! You've outdone yourselves, really! I don't want to see your sorry faces in here until at least three tomorrow afternoon!" Under normal circumstances, Bigbang would've rejoiced at this, but now it just meant sitting around worrying their asses off. But who were they to argue? They trudged wearily back to the van, and actually drove the speed limit on the way home. It's a miracle they weren't run over.

Daesung made breakfast/dinner while everyone took power naps on the couch. They ate in silence, before bidding each other goodnight, and heading to their rooms to sleep.